Review Royal Distributing - Whitby location | GTAMotorcycle.com

Review Royal Distributing - Whitby location

Buttercupprincess

Just wanted to post up a great experience at Royal Distributing www.royaldistributing.com - Whitby location which is open on Sundays ;)

bought several things there today staff was prompt and helpful - when I got home an noticed the textile pants I just purchased were missing the suspenders I called and the woman who was helping me remembered me and set them aside for my brother in law to pick up - thanks for making it an easy fix.
= happy customer

I've always had horrible experiences there!

Seems like every time I have gone there I've left with way more than I went there for... :) Its not really horrible until I get home....

I had a bad experience there the first time I went in. A very ignorant sales lady was rude to us for sitting on a demo bike on display (we were both considering this model for our next purchase). I stayed away for almost a year until my gf wanted to go check out some gear. Totally different experience this time. Staff was very helpful and because of that they made a few sales from us. Props to Michelle who works there for excellent customer service.

Nothing but horrible experiences at the one in Innisfil. Even though the Innisfil one is around the corner from me and I pass it daily I normally make the trip to the Guelph location and have had nothing but positives there.

Selection and price is good, but sometimes the service is a hit and miss.

Selection and price is good, but sometimes the service is a hit and miss.

I've normally had pretty good service at both Innisfil and Whitby. Had a bad experience last time in Innisfil though. Bought ~$500 in gear, found out the next day that the jacket that I bought dropped in price by ~$50. Went back to try and get a price adjustment and was treated like a criminal, was speaking to the manager, Shelly I think?

I had a issue, i wanted a Teknic Mercury perf leather jacket, they had a great sale on but only 1 left between innisfil and whitby location. I asked them to put it aside, left my name, number etc. I then rode from Newmarket-Whitby to pick it up, and suprise suprise they sold it to someone else. I was furious for riding that far for nothing and was pretty much just told I am SOL untill a manager overheard the problem. They gave me one of the highend Teknic leather jackets at the price of the Mercury so I ended getting a legit jacket for 200-300 dollars off retail, but I still wanted the perforated leather one as its what I came all the way down for and already had a bunch of leather jackets but none for hot weather.

in a nut shell, they tried to make up for their mistake, so I guess that is a point for effort. thanks again RD Whitby

Ive gone to the Whitby location more than a few times and have nothing but good things to say about them. I went to buy a set of tires there not too long ago and one of their staff have mislabeled a set of pilot power 2ct's as a set of pilot road 3's. I spent a few minutes explaining to the clerk that it wasn't the tires he thought he was showin me. It went to the point where he went to whoever was in charge, not only did they put the tires back to their normally lower price, they knocked 100 bucks off the price for my troubles(even though to myself I was having no troubles with them anyway) bought a lotto max ticket right after that cuz I thought I was lucky (still poor, lol)

I had a great experience at the Whitby one today. Several people offered to help me (and one did when needed). Prices and selection on helmets were good today and everyone was friendly. No problems there.

I think the problem people face mainly has to do with the service of the staff. I have a feeling more than half of the staff don't ride. I guess since they don't actually service any bikes they don't really know the ins and outs of the products they sell. I would say the solution would be to know exactly what you need when you walk in and not rely on them to know what you need.

I think the problem people face mainly has to do with the service of the staff. I have a feeling more than half of the staff don't ride. I guess since they don't actually service any bikes they don't really know the ins and outs of the products they sell. I would say the solution would be to know exactly what you need when you walk in and not rely on them to know what you need.

Maybe...But myself and ThrottleThrows experiences revolve around basic customer service which doesn't seem to be so basic at some of the RD stores. I would say the problem stems from improper hiring through management. I dont have a problem with dealing with somone who doesnt know something but more so with somone who doesn't care about the customers experience with service.

I live in Innisfil and have purchased a few items from this location over the years b/c of their prices , and must say the staff isn't exactly a paragon of friendliness and professionalism . On one occasion , after making a purchase , I had forgotten to buy chain lube , so went directly from the cash to the lube aisle where a worker approached and TOLD me to leave my bag at the counter next time . I laughed and asked him if he talked to all customers that way or just crooks . He gives me a look and walks away , which is when I called him an imbecile ... and bought the lube somewhere else . I just don't expect much from businesses these days ; search for the best price , go in and get out quickly . Sad .

I've always had good experiences from royal... And I've been going to them since they had the one store in kitchener/waterloo.

Most of the sales people know the products and what I'm talking about when I have questions... Sometimes I have some pretty abnormal questions so I can't blame them for not always knowing.
I find a lot of them do ride either bikes or sleds.

Prices are always competitive, except I'm now starting to get dealer cost prices on lots of things due to my racing and developing closer relationships with other business owners, doesn't help one of my better friends is also my dealer.

I went to check out the tent sale this weekend, my first visit to the store(pretty far for me as I'm from Mississauga). Very helpful staff, I purchased a few things. Would definitely make the trip out there again(for a sale lol).

Been to the Guelph store a couple times. All good experiences. Only ran into one puke. Questioned why my friend was getting the Alliance Krazy Klown Helmet. Kid was maybe 14 covered in Zits maybe 100 lbs with rocks in his pockets. Friend is 6’1 and 290….only response I had was “would you really make fun of this guy….”

Zit face kid: “…” (few zits popped)
Me: “my thoughts exactly”

Great selection, very good pricing but horrible customer service. If you ever need to deal w/ someone in regards to uneventful customer service, good business practice is not gonna happen. The system is structured so as the employees and "on-duty" managers are instructed shift all responsibilities to "head office" and "not in my control", "nothing I can do", end of story.
... sad really since I have been a very loyal customer since the little shack they first opened in Guelph, and now it all about the money. I will still shop there but only because I have no choice. I do not wish to drive to the GTA just to purchase items I require for my toys. Just be aware that some company retain integrity during growth, some don't. Royal Distrubuting does not.

Back
Top Bottom