Best/Cheapest place to get tires mounted? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best/Cheapest place to get tires mounted?

Tire moutning in barrie

Barrie tire mounting. Wheels off bike, wheels on bike you decide, other professional bike maintanence available as well, Contact forum member 219R6 he is in Barrie and does great work! : )

FYI, St. Onge and Barrie HD charge 40-50 bux plus per tire off the bike! : (

Last edited:
Not Barrie, but close...

West End Cycle in Caledon, was $25 per wheel carried in. He will install while you wait.
Larry's in Orangeville, was $20 per wheel carried in last fall. You have to leave the wheels with him though.

I have had two sets installed by West End. The last set was installed by Larry's because he is closer and I did not mind leaving the rims until the next day.

car goes on hoist, 4-5 bolts each, direct swap. very fast

tires mounted on your rims require a machine to pull rubbers off, put rubbers on, inflate, seat, balance.

you are not getting your car rubbers put on for 10/ tire...maybe if they are on rims...

frekeyguy, call heritage.

they did my car tires for $20 total...i couldn't believe it. (on rims though)

Funny, I didn't realize you were at the shop watching what they were doing :rolleyes:

I know the process, I've seen them do it many times.

gone to Rosey toes many times. And yes he pulled my tea bag from my cup and tossed it against the wall.Never had a issue with scratched rims. But I am in Milton. Anywhere else I am aware of costs 50$ a rim off the bike.

anyone know a place in Milton area that dose it for a decent price.

just called Ready Honda on Hensall Circle, rims off the bike, remove and replace front and rear tires plus balance is a one hour chargeable service and the hourly rate is 98 bucks, so more or less 50 bucks per rim......

I think I will shop around, but really need something closer to Mississauga......not going to drive an hour......hopefully

Pick up the yellow pages and call around and ask. When you do call, get the persons name and then ask for a price. Doesn't matter what place, they change their prices all the time. No price is certain until the work is done and you are leaving the shop.

I called heritage auto earlier this week. They quoted $90 with rims on, balance, and to just stop by anytime Friday.

I called heritage auto earlier this week. They quoted $90 with rims on, balance, and to just stop by anytime Friday.

Sounds about right, though usually its $40/rim while on the bike. You could always bring $80 cash and see whether he'll take it.

Take the damn rims off, it will take you 10 min and you are saving a bunch of money. I would never pay 100 bucks for tire change.

Take the damn rims off, it will take you 10 min and you are saving a bunch of money. I would never pay 100 bucks for tire change.

Some people have a real tough time riding their motorcycle with both wheels off the bike ;)

Better solution: buy your own tire machine and balancer and start doing your own.

Worked for me... If you own more then 1 bike and find yourself changing tires every year, it is more then worth the cost.

just called Ready Honda on Hensall Circle, rims off the bike, remove and replace front and rear tires plus balance is a one hour chargeable service and the hourly rate is 98 bucks, so more or less 50 bucks per rim......

I think I will shop around, but really need something closer to Mississauga......not going to drive an hour......hopefully

The price I was given was with rims off the bike, so I don't see any savings, I just see it costing more, if I roll in with them on the bike....

The price I was given was with rims off the bike, so I don't see any savings, I just see it costing more, if I roll in with them on the bike....

I think ZX600 was referring to Bermuda's Post:

I personally take the rims off my motorcycle whenever I need to do a tire change because not only is it cheaper, but I also wouldn't want anyone else working on my motorcycle; but that's just my preference.

The task of taking rims off a motorcycle isn't too difficult (as long as you have the proper equipment, i.e. motorcycle stands) and you end up learning a lot about your bike.

Last edited:
Better solution: buy your own tire machine and balancer and start doing your own.

Worked for me... If you own more then 1 bike and find yourself changing tires every year, it is more then worth the cost.

Why waste money on a machine?

Tools,

A floor jack
A vehicle to use (if you don't own one, lot's of them around :D)
A two by four
Spoons and Rim Protector
Starter Fluid
Propane Torch

use floor jack to lift vehicle
place tire under vehicle and position 2 x 4 under car and over the the tire
lower car to break bead of tire
use spoons and rim protector to remove tire
put new tire on, pay attention to rotation and where the valve stem marker is
spray starter fluid inside of tire and spin tire around
use propane torch to ignite fluid
fill with air

Job is done. Opinions, rear tire doesn't require balancing. Rather than buy a balancer for a fraction of the price buy dynobeads and give them a try. Maybe they work, I don't know.

Why waste money on a machine?

Tools,

A floor jack
A vehicle to use (if you don't own one, lot's of them around :D)
A two by four
Spoons and Rim Protector
Starter Fluid
Propane Torch

use floor jack to lift vehicle
place tire under vehicle and position 2 x 4 under car and over the the tire
lower car to break bead of tire
use spoons and rim protector to remove tire
put new tire on, pay attention to rotation and where the valve stem marker is
spray starter fluid inside of tire and spin tire around
use propane torch to ignite fluid
fill with air

Job is done. Opinions, rear tire doesn't require balancing. Rather than buy a balancer for a fraction of the price buy dynobeads and give them a try. Maybe they work, I don't know.
+1 Whatever happened to the backyard mechanic?

I do my own tires. spoon them off and put them back on the rims using the tie strap method and use the beads to balance

What!!!

sorry I didn't realise it was rims off, they are rapping you, shame on them.

I get mine changed and balanced for 20 bucks, some people deserve to go bankrupt

There is a guy that would go to your house and do it for you for 120 rims on and balanced

Last edited:
now that is a deal, 20 bucks, changed and balanced.....nice.....

I am ordering new tires soon, and the rims are actually off the bike, well on, but will be coming off again, doing a restore on the bike currently, and new tires are a must for it.

the 120 don't sound like a deal, considering I can take the rims off the bike on my own, that is actually the easy part.....but then again in house service, maybe not so bad

and I did not take them there, I only called for the price....they are literally 10 minutes away thought it might be a good place to go and get it done,,,,NOT

Back
Top Bottom