Spare tire needed for Safety Certificate in Ontario? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spare tire needed for Safety Certificate in Ontario?

If a spare tire is required to pass a safety then the ability to change a tire should be required to pass a driving exam.

elaws_regs_900601_ev001-4.gif

this is the back of the SSC.

you are correct in stating that without a car running, you cannot check power assisted brakes.

however, not all cars have power assisted brakes.
i can name a ******** of cars that dont have power steering or power brakes.

just as it states that for motorcycles, you must check the chain and guards.

not all bikes have chains, do they ? lol

you can pass a safety without a motor

How do you test the neutral starting switch without an engine? :rolleyes:

elaws_regs_900601_ev001-4.gif

this is the back of the SSC.

you are correct in stating that without a car running, you cannot check power assisted brakes.

however, not all cars have power assisted brakes.
i can name a ******** of cars that dont have power steering or power brakes.

just as it states that for motorcycles, you must check the chain and guards.

not all bikes have chains, do they ? lol

you can pass a safety without a motor

Thanks ... seen that lots of times when signing safeties. That is the check list not the standards. The brakes must function to bring the vehicle to a stop. Unless you have a hill to roll it down it's not happening.

You can get a safety signed without a lot of things in place. Doesn't make it correct.

I signed my first safety cert over 20 years ago and have kept up to date with requiremenst (haven't changed much). Spare tire is not requried.
I've never seen a vehicle without an engine in for a safety, why would you?? No motive power to accelerate the vehicle and check brake operation. Theoretically no power to run accesoris like rear window defroster, front w/shield wipers, headlights, turn signals, etc....

battery power for everything you named.

btw,you dont have to move a car to see if the brakes work. you can check brakes on the hoist.

just sayin..

Back
Top Bottom