Parking Ticket due to faulty parking machine | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking Ticket due to faulty parking machine

Corsara, you can fight it but it will take you several hours during business hours. Fine is set up so that you can pay or spend more time and money then its worth to argue it...

catch 22 scenario

Corsara, you can fight it but it will take you several hours during business hours. Fine is set up so that you can pay or spend more time and money then its worth to argue it...

catch 22 scenario

I'm fighting this one. I have flexible hours at work, and I'd also rather lose more money than pay even a cent to these ********! How does one go about starting the fighting process if they don't cancel it over the phone?

"Dispute has to be in writing and mail to the above P.O. Box address." -- I guess I'll be writing a letter and mailing it with photocopies then.

You said it was in a park in Hamilton... is it a city ticket or private?

You said it was in a park in Hamilton... is it a city ticket or private?

I'm not sure. It's titled "Parking Invoice", the logo says "Parking Invoice", the address on the back is "Parking Invoice, P.O. Box....", must be paid at www.parkinginvoice.ca ... oh, on the front page there's something in print: "Precise Parklink Inc."

Anyway, I just called and she told me to send copies to their address, and they'll look at it. And it could take up to 3 weeks, so if I forget to check back....well, tough luck..

I'm really irritated when something like this happens. Back from where I was born (Eastern Europe), I knew I'll get screwed just about anywhere for anything if I don't keep my eyes open, but for almost 10 years in Canada I never really had such things happen... just my confidence and belief is a bit shattered, that's all.

That's a private ticket.

Yup. A City of Hamilton ticket will look like one of these 2;

hamiltonPlg1.gif

Too bad. A City ticket can be quickly resolved by walking into the Parking Authority office near Hamilton Place. You're 1st one is always wiped following a quick chat with a grumpy man.

When improperly given, due to something like a defective ticket machine, I've had pretty good luck at having those tickets reversed just by calling the contact number on the lot's sign.

When improperly given, due to something like a defective ticket machine, I've had pretty good luck at having those tickets reversed just by calling the contact number on the lot's sign.

You're lucky, most people I know, and in my own experience, the response from either the city or the private company is usually "if the machine isn't working, you have to find somewhere else to park".

You guys all have it easy... I on the other hand parked my car in a park in Hamilton to go on a bicycle ride, paid the $2 for 2 hours at the machine, put the printout on the dashboard. When I came back (before the 2 hours was over), what I find is a goddamn ticket for 89 dollars! Says "expired payment", and the ticket was placed a mere 20 minutes after I paid and left the car, lol! I called the number and left them a pretty angry voicemail! I'll call tomorrow, but how does one go about fighting a parking ticket? Is this something you can fight in court? I have a witness--my 8 year old daughter, lol

This wasn't Princess Point was it?
I had the same thing down there last Spring, huge cluster**** fighting that one.

You're lucky, most people I know, and in my own experience, the response from either the city or the private company is usually "if the machine isn't working, you have to find somewhere else to park".

Might be a bit different if you can show that you've parked in the same lot for three weeks running, before the machine went belly up.

Might be a bit different if you can show that you've parked in the same lot for three weeks running, before the machine went belly up.

It was the lot I park in for work, so lots of history. It's a private lot that has an arrangement for the City to police it for parking violations. None of that mattered.

This wasn't Princess Point was it?
I had the same thing down there last Spring, huge cluster**** fighting that one.

Guess what, yep---exactly there, lol! My car was parked right where the green arrow is: http://goo.gl/maps/ubVsp

How did you fight it? For starters, I'm sending today copies of the paid receipt + the parking ticket to them. I was thinking that should resolve it, no?

Last edited:
Guess what, yep---exactly there, lol! My car was parked right where the green arrow is: http://goo.gl/maps/ubVsp

Princess Point is actually owned by the RBG, and the greenies have taken over their Board and spreading Toronto's "War On The Car" to the Hammer.
Last Spring all cars, paid tickets or not, were getting cited. Because you need your knuckles rapped for destroying the planet dontcha know. There's a reason that lot is empty all the time now.

Mine was a city ticket though, not a private agency. Which really chapped my ***, because the citation was for parking on private property NOT an expired meter. Take it to the city parking agency downtown, "sorry private property ticket, you have to take it up with the property owner". Talk to the general manager at RBG "sorry, we don't deal with tickets, talk to the city"...

It was a great scam, even with the stub it was impossible to fight. Not just me, there were a bunch of fishermen that fish the canal there get a ticket as well, even though they all paid.
And because it was a city ticket it would be reported to the MTO and get my plate denied. Just another day in Ontario these days.

IF they now use a private agency instead of city meter maids...you SHOULD be able to call up their service number with your stub and get it reversed. On the bright side, it won't be reported to the MTO if you do tell them to pound sand.

But yeah...last time I park there, AND I made sure to tell the RBG that after more than 30yrs it was the last time they were getting any money from my family, who have been big RBG supporters in the past.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom