So... Ragu has been charged... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So... Ragu has been charged...

I would like to see them do an interview with Ragu now. He was so calm in the other interview probably never thought he'd be hit with 3 criminal charges and lose his job.

So public mischief carries maximum 5 years and fraud over $5000 carries 14 years. Would they combine them to make it 19 years in jail? Someone needs to send a strong message to all these scammers what with all the recent arrests and everything.

For the charge of fraud over $5K, there's more to this than just the original love tap - I'm looking forward to see all the evidence.

So public mischief carries maximum 5 years and fraud over $5000 carries 14 years. Would they combine them to make it 19 years in jail? Someone needs to send a strong message to all these scammers what with all the recent arrests and everything.

In all honesty from what we have heard I doubt h would even get jail time with our justice system.
But then again asking for $500 isn't fraud over $5,000 so there is alot left out from the public.

In all honesty from what we have heard I doubt h would even get jail time with our justice system.
But then again asking for $500 isn't fraud over $5,000 so there is alot left out from the public.

I wonder what other scams has he pulled off... hmmm

If the justice system doesn't apply consecutive sentences to murderers, do you really think they would in this case?

I don't know lol I don't get involved in criminal activities but I have heard our justice system is soft particularly if you plea bargain, plead guilty or snitch. I have heard too that despite facing max 14 years most he'll likely get is no jail times because I'd would think he has no prior criminal conviction or Scotiabank has got some explaining to do.

you are on drugs if you think its at all reasonable to send someone to jail for 14 years for that.

I think it's reasonable if you're going to purposely scam other people though I do believe in 2nd chances. The guy knew what he was doing was wrong but because our justice system is soft he knew the risk to consequences were low. I'd only support a 14 year jail term for repeat convicted offenders. Give him a year to scare him from doing it again and have a taste of what jail life is like.

the reason he's charged with that, goes along the same lines as mischief.

its not the amount of $$ you do in damage, its the amount of $$ the thing you damage is worth.

hes using a vehicle thats worth over 5000 to defraud someone, hence the fraud over 5k charge.

hes using a vehicle thats worth over 5000 to defraud someone, hence the fraud over 5k charge.

So if I steal a choclate bar in a Porsche I'm getting theft over $5,000?

Thats not quite how it works, The amount you are trying to fraud is what it is based on not the amount of the vehicle he was using.

the reason he's charged with that, goes along the same lines as mischief.

its not the amount of $$ you do in damage, its the amount of $$ the thing you damage is worth.

I think its the amount that he has taken. aka the damage.

I think its the amount that he has taken. aka the damage.

but he only was trying to take 500. i thought the police look at it as the value of the thing being defrauded.

could be wrong. just guessing

Its quite possible after the story aired some people that had been "rolled into" came forward, thats likely how the charge got to fraud over 5k. There will not likely be jail over this, possibly restitution and probation.

If he's convicted he can enjoy the fruits of his labour, unemployment and disdain of friends and family

nah you don't get to roll it together like that...

Its possible he claimed an injury.

nah you don't get to roll it together like that...

Its possible he claimed an injury.

I thought the charges add up? Say Fraud her for $1500, another fraud for $2000, and another one for $3000. Dont they add it all up if its similar cases.

if you got caught going 20 over 3 times. does that become stunting?

herp derp.

I thought the charges add up? Say Fraud her for $1500, another fraud for $2000, and another one for $3000. Dont they add it all up if its similar cases.

no.. in that case it would be 3 seperate charges of fraud under $5,000. theres most likely stuff that is being omitted from police.

if you got caught going 20 over 3 times. does that become stunting?

herp derp.

No, they are different. Getting a speeding ticket of 20 over and 2 more after on different occasions, you were caught at different occasions as well. But in my case, it happened at different times but he was caught doing them at the same time.

P.S Why are most of your comments rude? Are you jealous of me? JubJub.

If he's convicted he can enjoy the fruits of his labour, unemployment and disdain of friends and family

stupid of him to call the police should have let it go once the camera was pointed out than he stupidly goes and makes a claim and if not worse he accepted an interview on tv. Now his face is known he'll be doing hard labour for minimum wage with other criminal record people or else he'll have to move to another country.

Back
Top Bottom