So... Ragu has been charged... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So... Ragu has been charged...

SO, stopped in the left turn lane at a red this afternoon. about to light up a smoke and get bumped from behind then here at horn. WTF? I get out and this chinese girl starts saying I backed up into her.. WTF? I don't drive a standard truck, I was in drive and had my foot on the brake. people at the bus stop wouldn't say **** at first. then one guy speaks up and says "he didn't move". we both ended up leaving but what a ****ing end to a ****** long day.

SO, stopped in the left turn lane at a red this afternoon. about to light up a smoke and get bumped from behind then here at horn. WTF? I get out and this chinese girl starts saying I backed up into her.. WTF? I don't drive a standard truck, I was in drive and had my foot on the brake. people at the bus stop wouldn't say **** at first. then one guy speaks up and says "he didn't move". we both ended up leaving but what a ****ing end to a ****** long day.
Sounds like she tried the old tamil scam, but got it backwards, she was supposed to be in front LOL!

no, shes just trying the classic chinese method of doing the same thing but faster and cheaper.

why wait for a nice car to to drive behind you when you can just drive into one

lol you fell for the classic chinese trick... blame others so you don't get blamed yourself

I think it's reasonable if you're going to purposely scam other people though I do believe in 2nd chances. The guy knew what he was doing was wrong but because our justice system is soft he knew the risk to consequences were low. I'd only support a 14 year jail term for repeat convicted offenders. Give him a year to scare him from doing it again and have a taste of what jail life is like.

I agree. As well, the Ontario government should use the civil remedies against illicit activity laws and confiscate his house because it might have been bought with the proceeds of crime. If the cars of street racers can be confiscated and destroyed, lets hit the scammers just as hard.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...-in-an-insurance-fraud-is-sent-to-prison?bn=1

I'm still not happy about this, does he get to keep most of the money?!
wtf.gif

> who faked injuries for fraudulent insurance claims costing insurers $1.5 million.

Of that, $1.2 million flowed through Thirunavukkarasu’s business account. He has been ordered to pay restitution of $375,000

I can't believe that the maximum penalty, for the offence of instructing a criminal organization, is 5 years.

politicians are afraid that they or their cronies may one day face the brunt of such legislation

Agreed, but the politicians don't need to worry about the consequences of breaking the law. They are buddy buddy with the judges and prosecutors. Or, they could pull a Michael Bryant and hire a public relations firm to do a smear job on their victim.

Soooooo....whatever happened to that dirtbag Ragu???

Pardon me..."alleged dirtbag".

Did he beat the system or was he finally convicted? I tried following up on the case but it seems to have disappeared.

No decisions in the databases, that seem to apply. Criminal cases can take years to come to trial, especially if the accused secures excellent representation.

And then it's a charter rights violation and the case is tossed out if the wait time makes it 2 years. Sweet.

And then it's a charter rights violation and the case is tossed out if the wait time makes it 2 years. Sweet.

Depends on whether the Crown or the accused is the one requesting stays, and the reason for.

A couple of years is pretty standard. Hell, I got brought back 3 times as a witness in a fencing of stolen computers case, over the course of a year and a half. The arrest had occurred a year before that. The accused had finally run out of time after going through 6 lawyers and 5 continuances.

No decisions in the databases, that seem to apply. Criminal cases can take years to come to trial, especially if the accused secures excellent representation.

Anything in the database now? It's been a while...

Nothing in the database. Seems that he started a new Facebook page and has been posting videos, oddly enough including two about the Ragu scam charges. Or maybe it's someone who's just trying to keep it fresh in everyone's minds?

Back
Top Bottom