Walking Dead (Spoliers) | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Walking Dead (Spoliers)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/33060-mythbusters-exploding-propane-tank-video.htm

and back to the Walking Dead.....

season opener, was great.....

maggie-maxim-4.jpg

I just had toooooooo

Last edited:
So if you're low on gas you risk an explosion of that tank?

I'm not implying anybody is dumb here. Just a friendly debate.

Low gas pressure is still pressure......I still get worried when Im using a torch and the flame shoots back and lights up the nozzle, but it has never exploded on me yet. Id think that still has to do with pressure, even when its low it still pushes the gas out and doesn't let air or flame in.

I have a friend that does gas appliances etc installs in homes, he will smoke while a pipe is leaking with no worries. He says the air/gas mixture required to ignite will never happen with a leak, the room would have to fill with enough gas and air to make the correct mixture...I don't know if thats true but thats why he says

Low gas pressure is still pressure......I still get worried when Im using a torch and the flame shoots back and lights up the nozzle, but it has never exploded on me yet. Id think that still has to do with pressure, even when its low it still pushes the gas out and doesn't let air or flame in.

I have a friend that does gas appliances etc installs in homes, he will smoke while a pipe is leaking with no worries. He says the air/gas mixture required to ignite will never happen with a leak, the room would have to fill with enough gas and air to make the correct mixture...I don't know if thats true but thats why he says

The Stoichiometric ratio is the ideal mixture range for explosive combustion. That doesn't mean that you can't get regular combustion at lower ratios, so your friend is tempting fate.

Lauren+Cohan+Premiere+AMC+Walking+Dead+3rd+AKkWwKES1Xvl.jpg

Lauren+Cohan+Premiere+AMC+Walking+Dead+2nd+Bb7FpsP2Pc6l.jpg

cohan__1_.jpg

b15vq.jpg

The Stoichiometric ratio is the ideal mixture range for explosive combustion. That doesn't mean that you can't get regular combustion at lower ratios, so your friend is tempting fate.

Hey don't get me wrong, that is what he says, but you wont catch me standing beside him to find out

Hey don't get me wrong, that is what he says, but you wont catch me standing beside him to find out

For a while I was the only computer service tech in a major Canadian electronics distributor (you would recognize the name). Supposedly well trained and intelligent technicians would remove the doors from microwave ovens, defeat the safety interlocks, then test the units at full power. I would leave the building.

I would recommend doing the same thing, in the situation you describe.

I'm still confused about why walkers need to bite to infect, yet when a human gets covered in walker blood and guts it does nothing, even when cut. If it's saliva then shouldn't walkers evolve to start spitting eventually?

I'm still confused about why walkers need to bite to infect, yet when a human gets covered in walker blood and guts it does nothing, even when cut. If it's saliva then shouldn't walkers evolve to start spitting eventually?

Because everyone already has the zombie virus. No matter how you die, unless it destroys the brain, you come back as a walker. The bit just results in an infection that eventually kills you, making you into a walker.

"Walking Dead" refers to the living, not the walkers.

I thought the zombies were eating, not biting ? no need to bite you to make you a zombie since all have the virus in them and you turn when you die

That being said how come there are not more normal living humans, and so many Walkers,, what killed them all to come back as Walkers, was it the virus, I thought it only turned you once you died

I thought the zombies were eating, not biting ? no need to bite you to make you a zombie since all have the virus in them and you turn when you die

That being said how come there are not more normal living humans, and so many Walkers,, what killed them all to come back as Walkers, was it the virus, I thought it only turned you once you died

Think about all of the simple things that can kill you, if there's no medical treatment of infrastructure to support you. The flu can do you in. An infected cut would result in an infection, that becomes blood poisoning, that can kill you. Then there's the fact that so many living humans are around with so little food, who will kill you for a cracker. If the supply chain fails then all of the cities only have a couple of days worth of food. That's a whole lot of people fighting for a few scraps, very early in the ZA.

Think about all of the simple things that can kill you, if there's no medical treatment of infrastructure to support you. The flu can do you in. An infected cut would result in an infection, that becomes blood poisoning, that can kill you. Then there's the fact that so many living humans are around with so little food, who will kill you for a cracker. If the supply chain fails then all of the cities only have a couple of days worth of food. That's a whole lot of people fighting for a few scraps, very early in the ZA.

True enough.....can't give the human race much credit...LOL

Because everyone already has the zombie virus. No matter how you die, unless it destroys the brain, you come back as a walker. The bit just results in an infection that eventually kills you, making you into a walker.

"Walking Dead" refers to the living, not the walkers.

I get that. But then why amputate bitten limbs as not all bites will kill?

I know it doesn't seem to make any real sense. The only thing that I can figure is that there are two separate infections; the zombie virus and a secondary, fast spreading infection. The amputations would be for the second one.

I would imagine it's along the same lines a Komodo dragon bite. The bite opens up your skin to all the nasty bacteria in their mouth. So the amputation would hopefully stop that bacteria from spreading.

There are more serious flaws in this logic of zombies. If they're decomposing, & no blood in their veins, how do their muscles get nourishment? There digestive system should be decomposing too, so doesn't matter if they eat or not, they can't really use what they eat.

But I applaud them for saying it is a virus because that's what viruses do, they hijack the cells in your body. Making them do what the viruses want

There are more serious flaws in this logic of zombies. If they're decomposing, & no blood in their veins, how do their muscles get nourishment? There digestive system should be decomposing too, so doesn't matter if they eat or not, they can't really use what they eat.

But I applaud them for saying it is a virus because that's what viruses do, they hijack the cells in your body. Making them do what the viruses want

"Z Nation" seems to be a little more logical where that sort of thing is involved. Fresh zombies are fast and older zombies are slow. It makes some sense if you assume that the body would have to metabolize its own fat and muscle to keep going.

were talking zombies. there ain't no making biochemical sense of it.

to evolve, a population of organisms need to be able to reproduce.

the non-infectious blood splatter thing is a huge plot hole.

Back
Top Bottom