Anyone rented from GTA Exotics? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone rented from GTA Exotics?

For anyone else that's interested I also found this:

http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/namerica/canada/toronto_rental.html

The smallest bike they have though is a Suzuki 500 GS which is probably too much for me at this point but other people might find it of interest.

There's also this CBR 125 being rented by the owner: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...Motorcycle-Rental-125R-CBR-W0QQAdIdZ291845807

You will be fine, the GS500F is my first bike. I've had it for a good year now and love it.

It's impossible to do a wheelie, the rear break isn't hypersensitive (you won't lock it and murder yourself, just get into the mind set that front is for stopping, and rear is just for fun), and the top speed is around 180-200km/h (never hit 200, got VERY close but then bike started shaking so I got scared).

I've also got piss poor hand-eye coordination skills that are way below human average standards (fractured my skull from riding a bicycle, fractured my shin from soccer, dislocated shoulder from shoulder pressing).

You will be perfectly fine seeing as how I managed to tame this bike lol =)

油井緋色;1736305 said:
It's impossible to do a wheelie,

Really? Really??? Tell it to the folks on GS forum please. That bike will wheelie even with stock sprocket set, of course in a closed controlled environment only.

If a Ninja 250 can wheelie so can a GS500F. But i think what he means is, under hard acceleration without dumping the clutch. e.g... No power wheelies.

Really? Really??? Tell it to the folks on GS forum please. That bike will wheelie even with stock sprocket set, of course in a closed controlled environment only.

Agreed ... that bike used to be called the "Bandit" if I remember correctly or stemmed from the bandit ... aka "the hooligan bike". She'll wheelie ...

...should have rewrote: it's not possible to wheelie without popping the clutch and trying very hard <_<

油井緋色;1736585 said:
...should have rewrote: it's not possible to wheelie without popping the clutch and trying very hard <_<

Fair enough ... by the sounds of the bikes/cars at gta exotics you'd be hard pressed to get outta the parkin' lot nevermind get the front wheel up...

back on topic, don't rent from gta exotics. I've read quite a few negative reviews about them, but that was regarding car rentals.

I'm actually surprised to hear that they're this bad. I wonder how many takers they get for their "Full Throttle Motorcycle Package" ... I'd be mightily ****** if all their bikes are that poorly maintained.

油井緋色;1736305 said:
You will be fine, the GS500F is my first bike. I've had it for a good year now and love it.

It's impossible to do a wheelie, the rear break isn't hypersensitive (you won't lock it and murder yourself, just get into the mind set that front is for stopping, and rear is just for fun), and the top speed is around 180-200km/h (never hit 200, got VERY close but then bike started shaking so I got scared).

I've also got piss poor hand-eye coordination skills that are way below human average standards (fractured my skull from riding a bicycle, fractured my shin from soccer, dislocated shoulder from shoulder pressing).

You will be perfectly fine seeing as how I managed to tame this bike lol =)

Well, we'll see how things go in May when I do the M2 course. The only thing I've tried so far is the CBR 125 at the 3 hour intro course from Learning Curves. I was hoping to try a 250 next.

I can't imagine the bikes would be any different.

You never know, some places have the best burgers in town but their fries suck. lol. But judging from what i've heard here and some research (wanted to test a SS from them before), they suck at both.

The owner's wife is smoking hot...I rented a gsxr a few years ago and it didn't have the correct ownership/insurance, the clutch lever was cut, and they removed the muffler. Used the bike to take my M test and the instructors were not impressed. They let me take the test and do the course though.

I think they're still in business 'cause they have a monopoly on exotic car/bike rentals in toronto. Is there any other option for renting a bike in the GTA?

I was really looking forward to get their 'get to drive 5 supercars in one day' thing for my dad this summer. I wish I never read the feedbacks above.... =)

The owner's wife is smoking hot...I rented a gsxr a few years ago and it didn't have the correct ownership/insurance, the clutch lever was cut, and they removed the muffler. Used the bike to take my M test and the instructors were not impressed. They let me take the test and do the course though.

I think they're still in business 'cause they have a monopoly on exotic car/bike rentals in toronto. Is there any other option for renting a bike in the GTA?

I've been looking but haven't found anything. If you come across an alternative please do post it here.

I was really looking forward to get their 'get to drive 5 supercars in one day' thing for my dad this summer. I wish I never read the feedbacks above.... =)

I did the 6 Supercar Day as a gift from my wife for my birthday... It was ALOT of fun! Just go in there with the right expectations... You are not going to be able to do burnouts and drive really aggresively, but they let you have fun. And I met Peter Klutt from DreamCarGarage after getting out of the Lambo, before getting in the GTR at his Car Museum in Burlington... Cant remember the name ATM. The Gallardo is 100% real. So were the rest, the Viper did feel clapped out tho. Sounded nice and still had a v10.

I did the 6 Supercar Day as a gift from my wife for my birthday... It was ALOT of fun! Just go in there with the right expectations... You are not going to be able to do burnouts and drive really aggresively, but they let you have fun. And I met Peter Klutt from DreamCarGarage after getting out of the Lambo, before getting in the GTR at his Car Museum in Burlington... Cant remember the name ATM. The Gallardo is 100% real. So were the rest, the Viper did feel clapped out tho. Sounded nice and still had a v10.

Thanks a lot ! Brings my hopes right back up.

I will go with it this summer than =)

Back
Top Bottom