Anyone rented from GTA Exotics? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone rented from GTA Exotics?

I used to get a lot of work done at TAGracecraft which is attached to the rear of GTA exotics, nice cars, beat to hell and all ready to mechanically fail which is when they charge you for it. Guy that I delt with told me to never ever rent from them and to not let anyone I know. Friend had an insurance rental bike, filled it up a few kms away and they still charged him for not bringing it back full. Don't do it.

Yikes, looks like I saved myself a lot of hassle here. Does anyone know of another place where you can rent bikes?

I have a friend who is also on this forum, ill see if i can get him to post his experience. from what he has told me, they were terrible to deal with and the bikes themselves were ok but the tire tread was crap

If so, what was your experience like? Are the bikes in decent shape?

rented a GSXR600 for a weekend back in 2007. the bike was in good shape. no issues whatsoever. But that was 5 years ago...

Ya these guys are jackasses. I called in October and asked if I could rent a bike. The guy said he only had a 500 on insurance and it was a $3000 deposit. I said I have to find a credit card to use. I found one and took the day off. I called back and some ***** who said she was the owner said I couldn't rent because the bikes were no longer insured (even after the guy specifically said the 500 WAS the only bike insured. This was only after she asked how old i was(25). She went on to change her story that if I crashed then her insurance company would drop her. I ended up telling her she was a ***** and I would try my best to let everyone who wants to use them know how they do business.

One of the guys I did my M2X with rented a GS500 from there. The tires were in poor shape (rear was done and the front was cupped) and the chain was so loose I'm surprised it stayed on. If the obvious isn't being taken care of then what about the not so obvious?

oh and this gem:

When I rented this car, it had 68,000km on the odometer, not 55. The horn buttons were missing, the power steering was broken, and it had the cheapest, gaudiest chrome wheels ever seen slapped on there. The car was originally red (Look under the fore targa gasket on the window frame for proof). On top of that, as you mentioned, the interior was in very poor tick, even for a rental.
I was considering this car right after I rented it, but I really wouldn't give him $20k for it, never mind the $45k he was asking at the time.

On top of that, several weeks after I rented the car, I saw a charge for $425 on my visa. When I called to ask them what it was, I was told it was for parking in a handicap spot somewhere in Toronto (Can't remember where exactly). Thing of it was, I wasn't in Toronto at all that weekend, rather between Guelph and my parent's house. They told me I was the only one to rent it within the last year, and it had to be me. Upon further probing, they told me the ticket was levied on June 6th. This is a full three and a half weeks before I picked the car up. They begrudgingly applied the refund to my account after about three phone calls.

Suffice it to say, I won't be using their services again.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114003

I wouldn't go with the kijiji ad. Probably illegal.

The person renting it out most probably didn't tell their insurance company that they're renting it out. You'd technically be riding without insurance which can screw you over big time.

For anyone else that's interested I also found this:

http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/namerica/canada/toronto_rental.html

The smallest bike they have though is a Suzuki 500 GS which is probably too much for me at this point but other people might find it of interest.

There's also this CBR 125 being rented by the owner: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...Motorcycle-Rental-125R-CBR-W0QQAdIdZ291845807

Looks extremely sketchy.
Anyone else wonder why its a cbr125 2011 picture and on top of that the year stated is 1999 (when cbr 125r's weren't made yet?)

Back
Top Bottom