Bicycles... I want one... Suggestions/Recommendations? | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bicycles... I want one... Suggestions/Recommendations?

Re: The Official GTAM Bicycle Thread!

Another one for the gurus. I spent the day cobbling a hitch mount carrier together and in the process found the bikes' wheelbase to be something like 15mm longer than Norcos online geometry chart. Nothing changed on the bike at all from stock. 15 mm is quite the difference. I wonder how common that is and can any other figures be trusted?

Nothing changed on the bike at all from stock? 15 mm is quite the difference

Nothing changed on the bike at all from stock. 15 mm is quite the difference?

?Nothing changed on the bike at all from stock. 15 mm is quite the difference.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

1.5cm? sure it's not an error on the tool user's measurement?

Maybe nothing changed on the bike at all from stock? 15 mm is about the difference of one bike size. Check other geometries versus the Norco size chart to see if maybe they mislabeled the size of the bike at the factory.

I need a reason to yell at somebody so I will see my "dealer" next week and aks aboutit. Also the 1x10 isn't indexing properly, maybe the kid missed that adjustment between popping zits.

1.5cm? sure it's not an error on the tool user's measurement?

I see where you're going with that and also where you're coming from.

the 1x10 isn't indexing properly, maybe the kid missed that adjustment between popping zits.

Do you take your motorcycle in to the dealer when the chain stretches and needs adjusting? Dialing in derailleur indexing takes 10 seconds. No tools required.

Do you take your motorcycle in to the dealer when the chain stretches and needs adjusting? Dialing in derailleur indexing takes 10 seconds. No tools required.

OK, I deserved that. What I'm trying to say in my convoluted way is that I get 1yr. free adjustments, it's on the way to my new favourite coffee shop and when they ask me if I've ever touched it I can say no. Because that's how the world works.

OK, I deserved that. What I'm trying to say in my convoluted way is that I get 1yr. free adjustments, it's on the way to my new favourite coffee shop and when they ask me if I've ever touched it I can say no. Because that's how the world works.

Remember that when you clip your derailleur on a branch/rock/stump/foot/chin out in the middle of nowhere and your shifting goes out of whack.

so if it's required no tools adjust the derailer maybe inreb shouldn't be touching it? :)

so if it's required no tools adjust the derailer maybe inreb shouldn't be touching it? :)

Do you really want to hurt me. Do you really want to make me cry.

Do you really want to hurt me. Do you really want to make me cry.
Quoting Boy George? I did not see that coming. You must have been visiting the church of the poison mind.

Last edited:

Lolz

I have juicy 7s that run well(surprisingly?). Would upgrading to slx brakes be a big improvement? I tried a bunch of other bikes including some with slx but they did not blow me away. They probably weren't that well maintained, so would new slx really improve modulation?

I haven't played with lots of hydro brakes, but my understanding is they should all be similar. If you want a big improvement, try increasing the size of your front rotor and/or trying different pad compounds.

The size of the rotor only affects heat dissipation, it does not increase pad surface area. You can't put bigger pads in calipers. I'm running resin pads which should have best bite in dry. Dunno what the ones I tried had.
I guess I'll compare the slx surface area vs the juicy. Also brake feel differences come from piston sizes but even four piston calipers are not uanimously praised.

The size of the rotor only affects heat dissipation, it does not increase pad surface area. You can't put bigger pads in calipers. I'm running resin pads which should have best bite in dry. Dunno what the ones I tried had.
I guess I'll compare the slx surface area vs the juicy. Also brake feel differences come from piston sizes but even four piston calipers are not uanimously praised.

Rotor size also increases the speed of the rotor past the pad. That should scale braking power (until the point the pads can't take the faster heat loading and come apart).

Good point. I guess you can look at the rotor as a lever. It takes less force to stop the rotor if it's out further from the axle.

So maybe I should look for some oversized rotors and adapters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom