Why is stunting so weak in the GTA? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why is stunting so weak in the GTA?

Get a dirt bike and pull all the wheelies you want in Ganaraska or other trails.

Dirtbike shares the same issues as a stuntbike, you need the bike, a vehicle that can move it around, and a place to take it to ride...Im buying a dirtbike when the 2012's come in march, and it will be more of a hassle for me living in Mississauga to drive places to ride it compared to my stunt bike

I'm fairly close to Ganaraska, and even closer to a friends 25 acre track so it worked out well for me but I understand your problem. No local tracks by you?

Dirtbike shares the same issues as a stuntbike, you need the bike, a vehicle that can move it around, and a place to take it to ride...Im buying a dirtbike when the 2012's come in march, and it will be more of a hassle for me living in Mississauga to drive places to ride it compared to my stunt bike

You will find it far cheap....maybe a pain in the *** but way cheaper.

I am thinking about trading in my 05 ktm on a 11 or 12 if i think i can get out on it more than 5 times this year. The chances of me getting a street bike arnt as likely.

You will find it far cheap....maybe a pain in the *** but way cheaper.

I am thinking about trading in my 05 ktm on a 11 or 12 if i think i can get out on it more than 5 times this year. The chances of me getting a street bike arnt as likely.

Why would u think it's going to be cheaper? I have to buy the bike and all the gear, I also plan to convert it to supermoto. To me it looks like it's going to be about the same in terms of cost. And I'll most likely hurt myself more

I'm fairly close to Ganaraska, and even closer to a friends 25 acre track so it worked out well for me but I understand your problem. No local tracks by you?

I'm not familiar with the dirt tracks as I'm just looking to get into it now. I live in Mississauga, any idea whats close?

Why would u think it's going to be cheaper? I have to buy the bike and all the gear, I also plan to convert it to supermoto. To me it looks like it's going to be about the same in terms of cost. And I'll most likely hurt myself more

I rode the cbr's I owned point a 2 b. My ktm gets ridden way harder and actually dropped. The bike, the parts, the insurance are all cheaper. The gear is cheaper as well.

If you plan on going dirt and supermoto your better off with two different bikes.

I'm not familiar with the dirt tracks as I'm just looking to get into it now. I live in Mississauga, any idea whats close?

Unless you know someone with private property in the country, there isn't much close by that's legal. Everyone that I know that has dirt bikes, either rides them at Ganaraska, or at a rural property owned by the owner of Pro 6 Cycle, which is just as far away.

Unless you know someone with private property in the country, there isn't much close by that's legal. Everyone that I know that has dirt bikes, either rides them at Ganaraska, or at a rural property owned by the owner of Pro 6 Cycle, which is just as far away.

Ganaraska and simcoe county forest are the two that are doable for me.

As long as your willing to devote a day to it, its not an issue to travel to either.
Find some people to ride with, meet up along the way and take turns hauling the bikes.

Im looking to get out a lot more this year. New bike or the one I have currently. I have my ganny pass till may or june and will have my oftr before the trails are ready to ride on.

I rode the cbr's I owned point a 2 b. My ktm gets ridden way harder and actually dropped. The bike, the parts, the insurance are all cheaper. The gear is cheaper as well.

If you plan on going dirt and supermoto your better off with two different bikes.

The sessions the OP is talking about are parking lot sessions. I had insurance and used to ride my stunt bike one the street the first year I bought it, then I got charged with dangerous driving for doing a wheelie, since then I have never insured my stunt bike and trailer it to the parking lots to ride...I assume when he says "stunting" he meant parking lot only, not street with clean title bikes with insurance...

Im not going to buy 2 $9000 dirtbikes, I'll ride some dirt in the beginning until I collect all the parts to covert to supermoto...Then I'll see what I prefer, but the main reason I want it is for supermoto

The sessions the OP is talking about are parking lot sessions. I had insurance and used to ride my stunt bike one the street the first year I bought it, then I got charged with dangerous driving for doing a wheelie, since then I have never insured my stunt bike and trailer it to the parking lots to ride...I assume when he says "stunting" he meant parking lot only, not street with clean title bikes with insurance...

Im not going to buy 2 $9000 dirtbikes, I'll ride some dirt in the beginning until I collect all the parts to covert to supermoto...Then I'll see what I prefer, but the main reason I want it is for supermoto

Ya you will likely pick one over the other once you get into it.

Dirt bike insurance is $100-$150 a year usually. Not something you worry much about paying for actually.

What brand/model bike you interested in at this point? I would assume a 4 stroke since you plan on going supermoto.

Ya you will likely pick one over the other once you get into it.

Dirt bike insurance is $100-$150 a year usually. Not something you worry much about paying for actually.

What brand/model bike you interested in at this point? I would assume a 4 stroke since you plan on going supermoto.

Im looking at the 2012 KX450F.....I watched some supermoto guys practice right by my shop last summer, and one guy switched from dirt setup to supermoto setup right in the parking lot in like 30min...So its possible to do both, but once I go supermoto I will most likely stick to that

Ya its defiantly possible to do both but once you get into really setting up your bike you really need to decide which one you really want to do.

I thought about getting some supermoto wheels for my ktm. The closest my bike would get to supermoto would be the wheels though. Everything else would stay set up for single track.

Ya its defiantly possible to do both but once you get into really setting up your bike you really need to decide which one you really want to do.

I thought about getting some supermoto wheels for my ktm. The closest my bike would get to supermoto would be the wheels though. Everything else would stay set up for single track.
Thois
Your going to want bigger front brake to go with those wheels...Those were the only 2 things he switched over

Last edited:

theres a dirt spot by dixie n derry.. in maple i heard theres a track.. all along the 400 theres sick tracks theres a big 1 north of hwy 89 on the 400 south of barrie..

and theres always miles n miles of hydro polls running all thru the city... i bet u can ride thru the whole of gta mostly off road.. hydro polls, train tracks.. a lil bit of street with sum conservation areas lol would be a sick ride

and theres always miles n miles of hydro polls running all thru the city... i bet u can ride thru the whole of gta mostly off road.. hydro polls, train tracks.. a lil bit of street with sum conservation areas lol would be a sick ride

A few buds & I found some great off-groad/paved tracks that took us all around scarborough. Never have to ride in traffic again =D

theres a dirt spot by dixie n derry.. in maple i heard theres a track.. all along the 400 theres sick tracks theres a big 1 north of hwy 89 on the 400 south of barrie..

If you think sport bikes attract police attention try riding in any of those places.

I would personally love to get into stunting but where can you do it? I will pull small wheelies on back roads sometimes but that is it. If there was a parking lot I could get away with stunting on I would think about getting a bike just for it. They put skate parks in all over why cant they give us a parking lot. Id be willing to pay $10 a shot to use such a parking lot. An indoor place would just top it off so you can keep your skills up during the winter.

One time I was out for a ride and came across a parking lot with some dirt bikers practicing wheelies. I went over met a few, pulled a few wheelies and was then on my way. Passing back by about 20 minutes later there were all the bikes lined up with all the riders over at a couple cop cars. This was a back road with no houses and only a storage place near by.

As for hockey, I just started playing this year. First year ever on skates and I am enjoying playing. Not really into watching though.

I looked into the concept of a "legal stunt park" as a side business. You don't even want to know the liability lol.

So **** the system, if they won't allow it legally then I'm going to the streets! FTP

I looked into the concept of a "legal stunt park" as a side business. You don't even want to know the liability lol.

So **** the system, if they won't allow it legally then I'm going to the streets! FTP

Liability my anus! I bet we could pull this off. After all, private property is private. Make participants sign a few documents saying they understand the risks and accept all responsibility to the arbitration of the establishment, and what's the difference between something like this and a paintball arena or a martial arts school, or dare I say it -- a private race track? I wouldn't let bureaucracy scare you away from something like this, it can be had.

Liability my anus! I bet we could pull this off. After all, private property is private. Make participants sign a few documents saying they understand the risks and accept all responsibility to the arbitration of the establishment, and what's the difference between something like this and a paintball arena or a martial arts school, or dare I say it -- a private race track? I wouldn't let bureaucracy scare you away from something like this, it can be had.

Im sure a race tracks liability insurance isn't exactly cheap.

Back
Top Bottom