Why is stunting so weak in the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why is stunting so weak in the GTA?

yung636

Can some one explain to me why stunting is so weak in the GTA? i wacth video of stunt sesh in the USA n they just look so sick n fun and i wonder why the GTA cant have sick sesh like that. Is there only a hand full of stunters or stunters just hide can someone please explain?:confused::confused:

Can some one explain to me why stunting is so weak in the GTA? i wacth video of stunt sesh in the USA n they just look so sick n fun and i wonder why the GTA cant have sick sesh like that. Is there only a hand full of stunters or stunters just hide can someone please explain?:confused::confused:

Cuz our bikes are twice the price of theirs, And our yearly insurance premiums could buy us a new stunt bike there each year.
And our Stunt driving law just screws us.

What kind of premium are you paying for an 01 f4i. Lol.

Well not my premium but some peoples that are under 25.
I pay $70/month

Hell you can get a stunt bike in the states for like $1000.

I pay $70/month

Sure I guess. Depends what you call a "stunt bike" maybe a no titled clapped out bike with a cage for $1000 but nothing half decent with an "alright" set up. Gonna pay way more than that. Go on stuntride and check out the $1000 specials. You ain't getting much for $1000

different hobbies based on the opportunites, toronto has 3 racetracks very close by so more track enthusiasts here. lots more dirtbikers as lots of dirtbiking potential. and like someone said laws on stunting are strict here.

for a major city there are also less bikers then say LA so theres bound to be less.

I pay $70/month

Hey I am about to finish my 03 cbr 600rr stunt/street bike and this is more or less how much I have invested in it, no counting the bike itself:

ho hey upper triple for my 954 front end= $200
ho hey dual caliper bracket= $130
905 crash cage= $ 150
sickinnovations round bar (with a wrong length brake line,lol)= $120
OMR subcage= $120
RSC clutch lever $120
07 r6 rear caliper= $50
80" brake line (the deal)= $30
07 r6 radiator fan= $50
magura handlebar= $100
protaper risers= $40
58 teeth allum sprockets (2)= $50
1000rr clutch master cylinder= $30 (thanks to a GTAM member)
1000rr brake master= $50
cnr levers= $50
the deal on my 954 front end=$450
extra idle cable $12

$1302 (not couting the front end and the bike itself)

Now the funny thing is,my gas tank and gas tank cover bend work (which was a pain in the a++), KLEEN AIR MOD, I still have to custom fit or make a taillight,build my extra rad fan bracket or buy a rad cage with brackets already done (another $100 to $150), custom my passenger seat or buy one with hole already done, reinforce my rearsets or buy an aftermarket one, I still have to buy a steering dampener (I just sold a buy with one steering dampener ad forgot to keep that for my bike.) and more stuff that I can't remember right now.

About riders in GTA, well it is simple, cops are always on the look out for bikes and ready to give tickets just to make life harder (they will give you a ticket because they can't see your license plate,even seeing the plate clear in front of them,they will give you a ticket because you license plate light is too bright "my own experience", tickets for exhaust too loud if you ride a ss bike (but harleys and choppers are not too loud for them,"no offence to the harleys or choppers", now the insurance companies that steal our money when we talk about motorcycle insurance (my own expreience with state farm which made me have to sell one of my bikes because of their mistake and inaccurate quote), the isnurance companies overcharge us and will charge u more if you have a stunt or race/street bike, insurance companies won't pay for your aftermarket parts if you have installed them on you bike in case of an accident, if you decide to put a turbo on you bike then you'll get hard time from the insurance company if they accept you.
If you go to a parking lot and decide to do it safe, they will kick you out of there really fast or call the cops, if you decide to go to a track it's going to cost a lot of money to take the bike and go to a place just to stunt, which most of the tracks are usually used to do drag or circuit race, if you decide to go crazy and do it on the streets, stunting laws and cops will make sure that when you run out of luck you'll get so screwed that you'll stop riding for a while,lol.
After all this,why am I building a stunt bike? Because if I find a place to do it safely it will be worth all the hard times!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think all motor sports are less popular in Canada, not just in the GTA, and especially the more extreme stuff. Its not like if you go to Montreal or Alberta there is way more people that stunt ride. For one we have only half a years worth of riding weather, and I bet most of those videos your talking about are from places like Florida or Cali where guys ride all year round.

There are lots of guys even in the US that relocate to different states, to be able to ride with more people...

If you want to ride with lots of people go for a road trip or invite everyone from Canada to a riding spot that is your own. Or you could be like Stunter13, I never see anyone in his practice videos. It looks like the guy rides alone in Poland, and yet hes one of the best in the world...

I agree with everyones input on this, I think its mostly our off season that limits the amount of stunters. For the 7 to 8 months of the year that we can stunt it is for a lot of us some what expensive.

Its also some what new to Canada,I mean we have some old school dogs that have been doing it for many many years in the area, but it really has not been promoted very well.

The more and more ppl that see our bikes, or see us ride get interested.

Something about the size of the krews....this is the problem I see, with such a small community of local riders why cant we be more like the pro's in the US. They have massive stunt sessions all the time, they gather as a community to work together, to teach each other to party together.

Its to bad that our 2 top dog riders in the GTA happen to have some bad blood, How do we progress as such a small sport when there is so much seperation between the riders, we get better by riding with better / different ppl, different krews, different spots.

Us Canadians always say how stuck up Americans are....lol, well atleast a lot of ppl I know, anyways what Im getting at is we are motha ****in Canadians....if our skills are just as good as these US boys in only 7-8 months of riding a year what does that say about us!!

I think one massive opening season stunt sesh with EVERY GTA STUNTER....EVERY GTA memeber is in order!!!

Thats my two cents for a friday morning, time to head to work bahaha

Its 2012 homies, time to put the past history where it belongs...in the past, time to start 2012 fresh.

I agree with everyones input on this, I think its mostly our off season that limits the amount of stunters. For the 7 to 8 months of the year that we can stunt it is for a lot of us some what expensive.

Its also some what new to Canada,I mean we have some old school dogs that have been doing it for many many years in the area, but it really has not been promoted very well.

The more and more ppl that see our bikes, or see us ride get interested.

Something about the size of the krews....this is the problem I see, with such a small community of local riders why cant we be more like the pro's in the US. They have massive stunt sessions all the time, they gather as a community to work together, to teach each other to party together.

Its to bad that our 2 top dog riders in the GTA happen to have some bad blood, How do we progress as such a small sport when there is so much seperation between the riders, we get better by riding with better / different ppl, different krews, different spots.

Us Canadians always say how stuck up Americans are....lol, well atleast a lot of ppl I know, anyways what Im getting at is we are motha ****in Canadians....if our skills are just as good as these US boys in only 7-8 months of riding a year what does that say about us!!

I think one massive opening season stunt sesh with EVERY GTA STUNTER....EVERY GTA memeber is in order!!!

Thats my two cents for a friday morning, time to head to work bahaha

Its 2012 homies, time to put the past history where it belongs...in the past, time to start 2012 fresh.

We still kick *** at hockey :cool:

We still kick *** at hockey :cool:

bahahaha I hate hockey! Im the most ANTI HOCKEY person you will meet from Canada, Im disgusted that hockey was brought up in our stunt forum bahahah!!! UNDER MY POST lol god dam !

bahahaha I hate hockey! Im the most ANTI HOCKEY person you will meet from Canada, Im disgusted that hockey was brought up in our stunt forum bahahah!!! UNDER MY POST lol god dam !

Awe lol. Meh I dont even watch sports at all. Heck hate playing them. Just had to add a stupid comment!

Awe lol. Meh I dont even watch sports at all. Heck hate playing them. Just had to add a stupid comment!
TSK TSK you may have to close this thread, it went off topic!! ;)

My first instinct was because HTA172 and Fascist Ontario Police will rape your bumholes and take your things, but on second thought wouldn't it be easily accomplished at some GO station parking lot on the weekends, or some other public school or Catholic school parking lot just the same? Clearly fear of authority has something to do with it.

P.S. I also don't give a flying Richard about hockey, or sports (Formula 1 used to be cool until Bernie Ecclestone ruined it with his retardedness). Better to live a life others will watch on TV than to watch on TV others living theirs.

I would personally love to get into stunting but where can you do it? I will pull small wheelies on back roads sometimes but that is it. If there was a parking lot I could get away with stunting on I would think about getting a bike just for it. They put skate parks in all over why cant they give us a parking lot. Id be willing to pay $10 a shot to use such a parking lot. An indoor place would just top it off so you can keep your skills up during the winter.

One time I was out for a ride and came across a parking lot with some dirt bikers practicing wheelies. I went over met a few, pulled a few wheelies and was then on my way. Passing back by about 20 minutes later there were all the bikes lined up with all the riders over at a couple cop cars. This was a back road with no houses and only a storage place near by.

As for hockey, I just started playing this year. First year ever on skates and I am enjoying playing. Not really into watching though.

Back
Top Bottom