Do you have a snake at home? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you have a snake at home?

One of my snakes is a ball python and they don't need a high humidity environment. Keep a container of water in there that is big enough for the snake to fit in. They will use that for their " humidity control", especially when they are ready to shed.

My tank's humidity is at 11% I'd say it is not enough... I've never seen her climbing into the water container. However yesterday I saw her to drink from the dish.

One thing I forgot to mention was that one of the ball pythons I had (Ex gf got it in the divorce) stopped eating one day and wouldn't eat for a whole month. My ex called me frantic and scared it was going to die.
So we tried feeding her a rat and he wouldn't take it.

We ended up figuring out that the python only ate mice. Yeah....go figure....

So morale of the story is pythons can be picky eaters.

One thing I forgot to mention was that one of the ball pythons I had (Ex gf got it in the divorce) stopped eating one day and wouldn't eat for a whole month. My ex called me frantic and scared it was going to die.

Good to know. Thanks!

never ever ever feed your ball python a hamster. though it is it's natural food, it is far too easy for them to refuse anything else after that and hamsters are expensive.

Thank you! A friend of mine mentioned this and I was very surprised.

Lol, are you serious? Snakes, like everything, can be picky if you let them. If you would have left him for a few more weeks, or maybe a few more months, and he would have ate your hand.

never ever ever feed your ball python a hamster. though it is it's natural food, it is far too easy for them to refuse anything else after that and hamsters are expensive.

What if you buy a male and female and have them breed?

Lol, are you serious? Snakes, like everything, can be picky if you let them. If you would have left him for a few more weeks, or maybe a few more months, and he would have ate your hand.

Ball pythons are well known for picky eating. They will starve themselves to death before eating something they don't want to eat.

Ball pythons are well known for picky eating. They will starve themselves to death before eating something they don't want to eat.

Oh good, so I wasn't going nuts LOL

LOLz, I thought I was going nuts.

I am gonna hazard a guess and say that snakes are cold blooded creatures. They require less energy to survive because they do not have to maintain a constant 37*C. In the wild, some snakes are binge eaters and only eat a large amount and not eat for months after.

If it is not losing weight, I would say the snake is just fine

LOLz, I thought I was going nuts.

I am gonna hazard a guess and say that snakes are cold blooded creatures. They require less energy to survive because they do not have to maintain a constant 37*C. In the wild, some snakes are binge eaters and only eat a large amount and not eat for months after.

If it is not losing weight, I would say the snake is just fine

Boa's and bigger pythons do that. They'll eat like a goat or a deer, and not eat for a month or two. However snakes in the wild are largely different than snakes in a tank.

Retiles are awesome creatures to have. If you ever want to see reptiles that will blow your mind. Go check out Reptilia in Vaughan. Take a walk through the zoo.

Boa's and bigger pythons do that. They'll eat like a goat or a deer, and not eat for a month or two. However snakes in the wild are largely different than snakes in a tank.

Retiles are awesome creatures to have. If you ever want to see reptiles that will blow your mind. Go check out Reptilia in Vaughan. Take a walk through the zoo.

Sorry, but snakes creep me out. I guess its just my primal caveman instincts kicking in.

Reptiles act solely on instincts and have a basic brain. Ever heard the expression "reptilian brain?"

I've had a ball python for just over a year now. He's currently not interested in eating and has not since just before Christmas. That's pretty typical behavior for a male during the winter months.
cfdb45ab-e13f-7bf4.jpg

Mine is just like yours except she is a female. :) I need to take more pictures of mine!

It's ok, I think he likes 'em young. :lmao:As for Boston Pizza, I'm sure there are enough rats there to feed a few snakes!

:D

I don't frequent Boston Pizza, but if this is true I'll not go close to it.

I've had a ball python for just over a year now. He's currently not interested in eating and has not since just before Christmas. That's pretty typical behavior for a male during the winter months.

Oh noes, it's gonna starve. It must be a picky eater. Haha

Back
Top Bottom