Interesting day in court, I think I'm going to appeal | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting day in court, I think I'm going to appeal

Ordered the transcript today . . .whata crock.

$4.30 a page. 25 pages. You do the math.

Asked them if they could do anything to reduce the cost like print on both pages or reduce font, I got yelled at.

Justice in Canada? Only for the rich.

Carmen

Anyone know what the price is nowadays per page? Is there a way to ask how many pages will the transcript be and how much it will cost before deciding to order it or not? Does the transcript fee get reimbursed if the charges are withdrawn at the appeal?

ask for a pdf file

Hahaha is this even possible? Is it possible to ask for the recording if they have it? What would be the cost?

So OP ran a red light and got caught. Received a $325 red light fine.
Now OP wants to drag this out in court trying to get off on a technicality which is costing the taxpayer $100's if not $1000's of dollars trying to fight a ticket that OP is guilty of.

Hmmmmmm

So OP ran a red light and got caught. Received a $325 red light fine.
Now OP wants to drag this out in court trying to get off on a technicality which is costing the taxpayer $100's if not $1000's of dollars trying to fight a ticket that OP is guilty of.

Hmmmmmm

... in 2012.

Anyone know what the price is nowadays per page? Is there a way to ask how many pages will the transcript be and how much it will cost before deciding to order it or not? Does the transcript fee get reimbursed if the charges are withdrawn at the appeal?

Hahaha is this even possible? Is it possible to ask for the recording if they have it? What would be the cost?

In a nut shell

first copy is $4.30 per page, yes single sided, but you also need 3 copies, the other 2 copies are .55 cents per page

how many pages you might need,

a 1 hour trial typically generates about 30 pages

PDF - not as of yet, but it might be in the works.......

Recordings you can have for $22.00 per recording, but cannot be used for or in an Appeal

and yes you can get reimbursed if charges are withdrawn at the appeal

hope this helps....

In a nut shell

first copy is $4.30 per page, yes single sided, but you also need 3 copies, the other 2 copies are .55 cents per page

how many pages you might need,

a 1 hour trial typically generates about 30 pages

PDF - not as of yet, but it might be in the works.......

Recordings you can have for $22.00 per recording, but cannot be used for or in an Appeal

and yes you can get reimbursed if charges are withdrawn at the appeal

hope this helps....

Thanks GateKeeper!

Well, given that this thread was begun in 2012, and the OP never bothered to update how successful he was at appeal, I would guess that his "Perry Mason: wasn't as effective as he thought it would be on a "real" judge.

Just because an appeal was granted, doesn't mean, that he wasn't guilty, or even that there were procedural issues with his first trial.

Unlike appeals that are heard by the SCoC, the case isn't "tested" to see if there are grounds for an appeal.

The Op likely ended up paying the $325 fine and victim surcharge, hence the $400

Ordered the transcript today . . .whata crock.

$4.30 a page. 25 pages. You do the math.

Asked them if they could do anything to reduce the cost like print on both pages or reduce font, I got yelled at.

Justice in Canada? Only for the rich.

Carmen

Just curious why you think "Only for the rich"? did you buy the 25 copied pages @ $4.30 a page? If you did are you rich?

Just curious why you think "Only for the rich"? did you buy the 25 copied pages @ $4.30 a page? If you did are you rich?

You do realize that the OP hasn't replied in the thread, for 6 YEARS correct?? It was started in 2012, then for some reason someone recently revived it...

You do realize that the OP hasn't replied in the thread, for 6 YEARS correct?? It was started in 2012, then for some reason someone recently revived it...

the reason it was revived was because Rossi86, wanted to know the pricing.....

it was provided....

maybe now the thread should be locked... ?

It's unfortunate you just didn't take the reduced fine of $200 like EVERYONE ELSE and move on with your life - just being more careful not to go through red lights (intentional or not). Doesn't affect insurance or anything. Time is money, and I'd say you've blown way more than $200 worth. lol.

Are you claiming that you were convicted of something that you did not do? If so, that would be an injustice. If not, then net justice has been served.

Have to admit, I hate answers like this. Didn't know you were God. Sorry but many of us like to defend, our right as Canadians, so let the OP seek advice without a nanny on his/her shoulder. End of rant.

Have to admit, I hate answers like this. Didn't know you were God. Sorry but many of us like to defend, our right as Canadians, so let the OP seek advice without a nanny on his/her shoulder. End of rant.

You have to come up with something better than that. Just because you have a right, doesn't mean you should waste it.

You have to come up with something better than that. Just because you have a right, doesn't mean you should waste it.

You never "waste" a right and people testing the system is how it improves.

And again, this thread is from 2012. Both turbodish and cbranje were banned years ago.

You never "waste" a right and people testing the system is how it improves. And again, this thread is from 2012. Both turbodish and cbranje were banned years ago.
I disagree, you can easily waste your rights, and Deanmac, who I quoted was from yesterday. I thought about saying "just because you have rights doesn't mean you have to use them", but decided that even that meaning wasn't quite right. A couple of examples: You're speeding. You get clocked on radar at 30 over. The cop drops it somewhat. You know that you were going 30 over. You have choices: You can pay the fine, slow down, and be careful with your driving, for the next year or two. You can fight it and try and get off on a technicality, or an 11b. What are the consequences of fighting it? There are plenty of other people with more serious offences who are also looking for an 11b. While the lack of enough people in the court system, isn't your sole fault, fighting it does "waste" (since you know you're guilty) resources, allow the potential for someone with a more serious offence to walk. You're in the leftmost lane of a double left turn. The light was already green, so you're at the speed limit, going in. The person to your right appexes the turn and needs a foot or two or your lane. You decide that's your space, and you have the right to it, so you take it. What are the consequences? A crash, which wastes your time, his time, the insurance companies time, and resources. He has to swerve and the streets get a little more road rage prone. Is it worth the waste? By all means if you think you're right, then go ahead and fight, but if you're wrong, think it through and then be adult about it.

I disagree, you can easily waste your rights, and Deanmac, who I quoted was from yesterday. I thought about saying "just because you have rights doesn't mean you have to use them", but decided that even that meaning wasn't quite right. A couple of examples: You're speeding. You get clocked on radar at 30 over. The cop drops it somewhat. You know that you were going 30 over. You have choices: You can pay the fine, slow down, and be careful with your driving, for the next year or two. You can fight it and try and get off on a technicality, or an 11b. What are the consequences of fighting it? There are plenty of other people with more serious offences who are also looking for an 11b. While the lack of enough people in the court system, isn't your sole fault, fighting it does "waste" (since you know you're guilty) resources, allow the potential for someone with a more serious offence to walk. You're in the leftmost lane of a double left turn. The light was already green, so you're at the speed limit, going in. The person to your right appexes the turn and needs a foot or two or your lane. You decide that's your space, and you have the right to it, so you take it. What are the consequences? A crash, which wastes your time, his time, the insurance companies time, and resources. He has to swerve and the streets get a little more road rage prone. Is it worth the waste? By all means if you think you're right, then go ahead and fight, but if you're wrong, think it through and then be adult about it.

Nothing you have said in any way supports you comment as to "wasting your rights." You have a right to your day in court. The system has an obligation to prove your guilt.

Nothing you have said in any way supports you comment as to "wasting your rights." You have a right to your day in court. The system has an obligation to prove your guilt.

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly for you.

You're still wasting, but you're wasting everything but your right.
Time, money, energy, other people's right to a timely trial, other people's time, money, energy, resources that could be better spent. etc. etc.
Even then, the system will work around the issue, and you'll come out behind.

In any case, if you get a ticket and don't improve your driving habits, you're in for a bad time of it.

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly for you.

You're still wasting, but you're wasting everything but your right.
Time, money, energy, other people's right to a timely trial, other people's time, money, energy, resources that could be better spent. etc. etc.
Even then, the system will work around the issue, and you'll come out behind.

In any case, if you get a ticket and don't improve your driving habits, you're in for a bad time of it.

And as I said previously, the system must be tested. If it isn't tested, it cannot improve. If it isn't held to the appropriate standard those who are guilty will go free, and those who are innocent will be convicted. Making use of your rights is not a waste.

Back
Top Bottom