Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase | Page 64 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Really? I used rubbing alcohol like the instructions said and it worked really well. Gets slippery so the grips slide, then evaporates without leaving anything behind.

I got them on easily with compressed air but I had to cut holes on the end of the grips. Also the grips were too long, so it was rubbing against my bar ends. I had to add 4 washers to push my bar ends further. Maybe I bought the wrong ones?

Pirelli [h=1]DIABLO ROSSO CORSA front and back.[/h]
This is my 2nd set this year...love this tire.
It's a 2 Compound tire in the rear
1/3 soft 1/3 med 1/3 soft
Just scrubbed them in ummm all the way over....:headbang: ( I like left hand corners )

IMG_20140727_173940.jpg

Oh, I see a feeble attempt at humour. Dampner is spelled with the N, look it up in English ( UK) dictionary.

BB

http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/1301-steering-dampner.html

This is how the people who invented the english language spell it, FYI

That's just some random guy in a forum post. Everywhere (including all the dictionaries) refer to it as a damper.

I struggled to spell it correctly for a while too.

You found another individual on the internet who mispelled the word.

lol.

Damper is the correct word.
Dampner is not a word.
Dampener is a word, but not the correct word.

The uses of damper or dampener are both valid, and which you use depends upon where you're from.

A dampner is a piece of hydraulic equipment. Actual word or not, you'll find a lot of hydraulic suppliers selling "pulsation dampners."

The uses of damper or dampener are both valid, and which you use depends upon where you're from.

A dampner is a piece of hydraulic equipment. Actual word or not, you'll find a lot of hydraulic suppliers selling "pulsation dampners."

Ah huh, finally someone who understands that a steering dampner uses hydraulics to function....

Hence, the spelling and terminology are correct.

Ah huh, finally someone who understands that a steering dampner uses hydraulics to function....

Another search shows nothing but pulsation dampEners

Damper is the commonly used term (at least for north Americans talking about motorcycles)

Dampener, is less common but seems technically correct

Dampner is not a word

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Strange that it doesn't appear in of the commonly used dictionaries.

I'm still holding on to the argument that when talking about motorcycles, it's a damper. That seems to be what Ohlins, GPR, and Scotts sell.

http://www.scottsonline.com/scotts.php
There seems to be some ambiguity about how to pronounce the word "Damper". We see it mis-spelled as "Dampener" and or "Dampner" a lot. It's actually spelled and pronounced Damper, there is no "N" in the word. Hydraulic fluid passing between controlled chambers "dampens" the forces being exerted, hence the word "Damper" is used to describe a device which dampens or slows down unwanted oscillations or movements. The word Stabilizer is synonymous with the word damper in this case, so it's appropriate to say "steering damper" or "steering stabilizer", as both functions are accomplished when you install one on your bike. We'll still know what you mean if you say or spell it either way, we just thought it would be nice to clear the air.

Those people at Scott's Dampers must not know what they ate talking about

FWIW, Brits often refer to the shocks on their cars as "dampers".

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
14667642177_8db3c26e86_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom