Get well Johnny P! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get well Johnny P!

I just saw this thread :O oh man its good to hear you are okay, I wish you all the best and back to being healthy again.
We spoke on the phone once a few years ago and I left some CBR turn signal harness ends for you at the dealer in markham
but I never actually got to meet you. Seen the vids thats some incredible stuff you do ! At the time you were building a
track bike I think and I recall you were pretty quick on the track too !!

Get better soon ! :)

Fractured skull and a bagned up arm. He has been brought back to Sunny brook hospital for surgery.

It was a little worse then just fractured, I would say more like shattered.... And my arm was burnt from coolant when my rad ripped off the bike
IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Dont know you but damn dude glad your ok , those pics of your skull looked like you really got banged up man , hope you havea full recovery shortly.

those images look kinda like mine...

Screenshot2012-05-30at75306PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-30at74937PM.png

Kinda I guess, yours look like Xrays though so not as detailed...If I open those images off the CD they are 3D images that I can rotate and view from any angle...

So how many Ti implants did you get.....They said I have around 60...And did you also have to have your jaws wired to braces

the images were from a CT done right after my first facial reconstruction surgery, i don't have fracture x-rays, they didnt have time.

this is 6 weeks post-accident

Untitled1.jpg

this is prior to my second facial reconstruct.

Untitled2.jpg

mr right eye is my seeing eye.

this is pre-accident
me2.jpg

i don;t know how much metal is in me exaclty, but in the second face surg, they removed my nose, cheek bones and lower eye orbits, and replaced them with metal plates. i can feel about 15 screw heads along my lower eyelids. my nose is a solid bone "beak", with metal plates screwed between my eyes

how is your eye doing?

Last edited:
Wow looks like we went through some similar experiences in facial reconstruction, looks like your impact was more in the middle, where as mine was from the left side of my face.....My left eye is now my good eye, my right that I just had surgery on a month ago is just starting to get a little better..It was very blurry and I could not read anything no matter how large. Now I am just getting to be able to read some larger text, and its less blurry...

When you say your right eye is your seeing eye, what is wrong with the other one? Do you have any vision in it at all?

Do you mind sharing what kind of accident caused your injury?

i tboned a lady who had run a stop sign. took the B pillar across my face, with a slight angle on my left, hence my helmet looking like this (note: visor and chinbar were smashed off, and are placed to make it look "helmety"

IMG_7566.jpg

both my eyes were displaced, and the optic nerve in my left eye was damaged. i now have zero sight in that eye, and have no expectation of it ever being fixed.

4+ years of rehab later, im doing well. things will never be the same, but i keep on keeping on.

Ok now I remember reading your story and seeing your picture of your helmet on here in the past. Sorry to hear about it and your loss of vision, although I did not loose mine completely it will never be what it was before. And my right eye used to be my good eye so Ive had to adapt to relying on my left eye now. And I did loose my sense of smell for life also.. Life goes on and Im just happy to still be here and for what the doctors were able to do for me...

So do you, or will you ride again?

i don't ride street. i don't meet the side to side vision requirements.
i have done some track riding, but the money isnt there, otherwise i would be fully into it.
i have a couple dirtbikes for trails. still love to get out as much as i can.

yeah, another member had a 'suspiciously' similar story to mine.

Ok now I remember reading your story and seeing your picture of your helmet on here in the past. Sorry to hear about it and your loss of vision, although I did not loose mine completely it will never be what it was before. And my right eye used to be my good eye so Ive had to adapt to relying on my left eye now. And I did loose my sense of smell for life also.. Life goes on and Im just happy to still be here and for what the doctors were able to do for me...

So do you, or will you ride again?

Crap, on top of the rest of the issues, losing smell is a big one as it affects taste buds too. Read through the thread, saw your pics of your crunched head, tried to envision for just a moment the hell you've been through during this whole healing process starting with what looked like a lot of incompetence from the get-go where they first took you, to the frig pain endured getting you back to Cda and that long slow process to where you're at now. A person has to admire your positive thinking in looking forward. Such a nasty ****ing injury. Wish for you all the best...you too vociferous.

Just read through =(

I'm happy to hear the good news, and all the wishes for your further recovery !!!!!!

Did either of you have any communications with those helmet manufacturers after the accidents? I'm aware that short of constructing their shells of titanium, a significant enough impact will destroy any helmet, but just curious if the MFGs had anything to say? Johnny were you even wearing a lid?

Did either of you have any communications with those helmet manufacturers after the accidents? I'm aware that short of constructing their shells of titanium, a significant enough impact will destroy any helmet, but just curious if the MFGs had anything to say? Johnny were you even wearing a lid?

He wasn't wearing a lid, but he wasn't riding at the time this happened - he was pushing a bike at the side of a road (I think?) and was struck by another bike doing a wheelie.

He wasn't wearing a lid, but he wasn't riding at the time this happened - he was pushing a bike at the side of a road (I think?) and was struck by another bike doing a wheelie.

Correct I was not wearing a helmet but I was riding a bike, just not at any substantial speed. I was basically trying to pull into a driveway, bad judgement call ended up with me doing that at the same time as someone popping a wheelie in my direction.

Back
Top Bottom