Motorcycle Parking Fees Recommended without Notice or Public Consultation | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Parking Fees Recommended without Notice or Public Consultation

So far, so good. There is no reference anywhere in the report about using this method for charging motorcycles, and no mention of the Works report re motorcycle parking. Yes, pay-by-phone will make it easier should they chose to charge motorcycles sometime in the future, but until it completely replaces pay-and-display, there would probably be legal difficulty requiring us all to have cell phones for the sole purpose of paying for parking.

Cool, thanks for that great analysis Face!

It seems somewhat encouraging that we seem to be "below the radar". But I will think it would be good to know where the main candidates stand on the issue. We know Ford's position, and hopefully it is moot at this point. Still it may be an opportunity to lock in support for the longer term!

Re: City council voting on getting rid of free parking for motorcycles today

Here in my city, my buddy got a bike ticket for backing into a parking spot, I also got one ticket on my Astro and paid was my fault. There is a "no backing in sign" so was my fault.
But my buddy was parking a motorcycle a heavy motorcycle, he talked himself out of a ticket but seems odd giving a ticket to a bike backing in a spot?

Re: City council voting on getting rid of free parking for motorcycles today

Here in my city, my buddy got a bike ticket for backing into a parking spot, I also got one ticket on my Astro and paid was my fault. There is a "no backing in sign" so was my fault.
But my buddy was parking a motorcycle a heavy motorcycle, he talked himself out of a ticket but seems odd giving a ticket to a bike backing in a spot?

same here

Moderators

What happened to all the posts in this thread between October 13 and December 2, 2013. That section had all the discussion about the Council resolution on this issue, and the interpretation of the recommendations that got passed. Could you please put these posts back? I wanted to refer back to those discussions in order to reply to the MC Parking in Transportation Service Plan thread in the legal section.

Thanks,

Moderators

What happened to all the posts in this thread between October 13 and December 2, 2013. That section had all the discussion about the Council resolution on this issue, and the interpretation of the recommendations that got passed. Could you please put these posts back? I wanted to refer back to those discussions in order to reply to the MC Parking in Transportation Service Plan thread in the legal section.

Thanks,

As far as I can tell they weren't removed. At least not purposefully. Database damage perhaps?

Wait there is such a thing as "no backing in"?.

That seems extremely stupid. Backing in to parking spots is much safer.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 on Tapatalk

quick question, has anyone parked at any designated TTC parking lot at any of the main hub stations without paying?

cuz technically its a city owned parking machines, not dispensed as private property of TTC.

Last edited:
I know at Kipling station there's the a-hole "No Motorcycles" sign. Infuriating. Then again, while you can park for free downtown, why would you need to park at a transit hub? Then again, maybe you would, so TTC is shooting themselves in the foot by alienating motorcycle business.

I know at Kipling station there's the a-hole "No Motorcycles" sign. Infuriating. Then again, while you can park for free downtown, why would you need to park at a transit hub? Then again, maybe you would, so TTC is shooting themselves in the foot by alienating motorcycle business.

Is that a general "no motorcycles" sign, or does it just bar you from parking at the bicycle racks?

It is a general sign by the pay-gated entrance to the northern parking lot. I have not investigated the southern lot, though I would suspect it is there, also.

thats true, riding downtown is fine, its getting out of downtown the issue for me. I'm right by Roger's ctr when I leave work.

Just wondering, Thanks.

Would your ride be more likely to be jacked at a ttc lot or downtown..

Last edited:
I'd say less likely, since it is in very open view of thousands of people and cameras, when compared to, say, a condo parking lot or dark alley.

An unattended commuter parking lot, where it's almost certain that vehicles will be stationary for 8 hours or more, is a smorgasbord for thieves.

An unattended commuter parking lot, where it's almost certain that vehicles will be stationary for 8 hours or more, is a smorgasbord for thieves.

I had a prelude back in the day i'd leave at the go station - one day came back and the headunit was gone (aftermarket). shoved a scarf in the opening for some reason and reported it to insurance.

2 days later, same parking lot. come home and it's broken into again....(scarf was pulled out, change was taken this time since the deck was already gone) - embarrassingly easy to break into that generation of honda....

downtown is likely much safer due to street traffic.

Back
Top Bottom