Motorcycle Parking Fees Recommended without Notice or Public Consultation | Page 47 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Parking Fees Recommended without Notice or Public Consultation

Ok, it's going to be interesting.. The TPA wants more revenue... So it will for sure affect the free parking for motorcycle's in the future

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...ity-wants-more-on-street-parking-revenue.html
Annnnd the best part is all the "reasons" for the hike do not justify passing it on to the users.

What happens when the rates become so high that most people dont wanna take their cars into the core?

"we have less users so uhm...ughh.... we charge you more because we have to maintain the pay stations" lol
oh well...at least my work provides unofficial/unspoken free parking to its employee that ride (theres a solid 15 bikes most days) so its doesnt affect me on a day to day.

What happens when the rates become so high that most people dont wanna take their cars into the core?

Why, then they will have succeeded at attaining their true goal (and may well find out why downtown Chicago died).

Last edited:
Ok, it's going to be interesting.. The TPA wants more revenue... So it will for sure affect the free parking for motorcycle's in the future

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...ity-wants-more-on-street-parking-revenue.html

Ok but this article and the report going to council don't explicitly refer to motorcycle parking, only increasing the hourly rates.
Is there an update on the motorcycle parking specifically anywhere?? Looks like that is being treated separate from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s
Ok but this article and the report going to council don't explicitly refer to motorcycle parking, only increasing the hourly rates.
Is there an update on the motorcycle parking specifically anywhere?? Looks like that is being treated separate from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s the latest on parking? Just getting into riding again.

Since Kristyn Wong-Tam is leaving municipal politics, this issue is symbolically over. Although she hasn't brought up her disdain for free motorcycle parking in city council for years, she was the last holdout. Maybe lock up this thread or delete, hopefully forever.

Since Kristyn Wong-Tam is leaving municipal politics, this issue is symbolically over. Although she hasn't brought up her disdain for free motorcycle parking in city council for years, she was the last holdout. Maybe lock up this thread or delete, hopefully forever.
It's a major victory for toronto politics to have KWT out. I feel sorry for queens park if they get stuck with her.

How could anyone forget her statement that allowing free parking on the streets would result in full sized motorcycles parking on sidewalks. The woman is disconnected from reality.

How could anyone forget her statement that allowing free parking on the streets would result in full sized motorcycles parking on sidewalks. The woman is disconnected from reality.
Someone get her a motorcycle

Someone get her a motorcycle
She won't be missed in Toronto.

She's moving to the NDP provincial party, that's a good move for everyone. If she succeeds as an NDP, and she probably will in that area, the NDP is a zero at the provincial level, KWT will have less than zero impact on the city or province.

I've got no problem with archiving this thread. I've moved just outside the GTA, and hardly get back to the City. I've also lost touch with all my old City Hall contacts.

Back
Top Bottom