Lowering the 2011 Honda CBR250R | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lowering the 2011 Honda CBR250R

A (short) friend told me she bought a ninja 250 over the CBR because she could just pick up a lowering kit and pop it in all in about an hour on the ninja. Now I see what she meant about the CBR. Good luck.

In all honestly Sherry needs to be 1.5"-2" lower to be really confident on the bike. So, I'm thinking the a lowering should do it, but shaving the seat and boots are options either with or without the lowering link. We have all winter so no real rush, although I'd like to get it done. Maybe there'll be something at the Toronto Motorcycle show.

Option #5 already happened and while it was fun, it's just not practical ;) j/k

So, which one are you going with Rodney?
Seems like you have found a few ways to do it... let us know how it turns out!

Be very careful here, her being comfortable while stopped is so much less important than the suspension being happy while riding that it is almost immaterial. Dropping a bike at a light is embarassing, grounding a hard part and crashing in a corner can have much worse consequences. Make the changes to the seat/boots/experience, not the suspension.

I hear ya and I agree, but I don't believe 1-1.5" is gonna lower it enough to ground out on anything. At least no the way Sherry is riding.

Be very careful here, her being comfortable while stopped is so much less important than the suspension being happy while riding that it is almost immaterial. Dropping a bike at a light is embarassing, grounding a hard part and crashing in a corner can have much worse consequences. Make the changes to the seat/boots/experience, not the suspension.

Rodney - Just remember that you also need to adjust the front of the bike for height if you're lowering the rear. I don't know how that's done on a CBR but I'm sure some members here will give you a better technical explanation. You can also try a CBR250 forum as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
Yep, but I appreciate the reminder :)

Rodney - Just remember that you also need to adjust the front of the bike for height if you're lowering the rear. I'm don't know how that's done on a CBR but I'm sure some members here will give you a better technical explanation. You can also try a CBR250 forum as others have mentioned.

my point exactly, and just because she isn't riding like a pro now doesn't mean she won't need the lean angle later. get her some intermediate lessons + some track lessons, maybe once she has enough miles under her belt those new lessons that gtam are selling.

Back
Top Bottom