Lowering the 2011 Honda CBR250R | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lowering the 2011 Honda CBR250R

RodneyBR

Site Supporter
My wife is short and needs it lowered. I've done a bit of searching trying to find a lowering kit and here's a few options;

1. Modify the OEM replacement link 52475-KYJ-900 - ROD SUB-ASSY
2. KROOZR Lowering kit
3. Another option is to get a tool and die pro to make one.
4. Shave the seat
5. Ride half naked with stilettos ;)

Anyone lowered their 2011 CBR250R?

Last edited:
^ This.

Also, maybe look into an aftermarket seat. May be shorter + the added comfort.

Best option would be #4, if it can be lowered enough, as it won't affect the handling of the bike as much as the other methods.

Are you thinking of doing it yourself on the existing seat, buying a second seat and doing it to that or getting a professional to shave it?

#4 & #6 your wife learns how to stop with this bike. I know a few height challenged riders, you don't have to flat foot both sides. yes it means being aware before you stop but i do not see this as bad.

this guy isn't as short as your wife but he does have inseam issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLntOqtK-aE

messing with the suspension is asking for trouble.

If I do #4, I would probably get another seat and shave that one myself. Although, I haven't priced an OEM seat yet and if it's pricey I might get a pro to do it.

Best option would be #4, if it can be lowered enough, as it won't affect the handling of the bike as much as the other methods.

Are you thinking of doing it yourself on the existing seat, buying a second seat and doing it to that or getting a professional to shave it?

My wife is short, but has an inseam of 28, so the same as that guy. Although, she's lacking in the man-strength department (no disrespect). She's planning on bulking up over the winter, so come spring she'll be stronger than me ;)

So with the extra manish-bulk and if I shave the seat, she should be ready to go. If not, option #5.

#4 & #6 your wife learns how to stop with this bike. I know a few height challenged riders, you don't have to flat foot both sides. yes it means being aware before you stop but i do not see this as bad.

this guy isn't as short as your wife but he does have inseam issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLntOqtK-aE

messing with the suspension is asking for trouble.

Keep in mind that the width of the seat makes a difference as well.
I replaced my seat with a Corbin and noticed the width spreads my legs apart more thus "shortening" my legs some more.
I can still flat foot but find the bike more difficult to move around at parking speed.

Definitely #5 and make sure you make one of your videos about too!

Just called Honda priced an OEM seat, it's approx. $140... ouch. So I might try and find one on eBay over the winter months since I'm in no rush. Other option is to shave the original seat, but I really don't wanna do that.

Lowering a bike will drastically change the handling set up. When I got my 250 it was lowered by the previous owner. I was going to keep it as such because my wife loved the lower feel but for me, I was scraping pegs going around corners and roundabouts at less than break neck speeds. In some instances the bike would scrape then try and buck me off! After that I couldn't get those stupid things off the bike fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom