Proud Owner of a 2004 F4i | GTAMotorcycle.com

Proud Owner of a 2004 F4i

rob_96

Hello Everyone

Just picked up a 2004 F4i with 24k, i cant wait for summer to ride it. Its my first bike and cant wait to ride it. one faring is cracked so i need to replace that, and i wanna paint it all white, and have purple star on right ride and orange wheels

is there anything i should look out for with these bikes...?, and i know my first mod is going to be a exhaust

cheers

Rob

Attachments

• 385251_291144694239653_100000323747800_1011195_1737415172_n.jpg
    385251_291144694239653_100000323747800_1011195_1737415172_n.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 102
The only common problem with these bikes is the ATC - automatic cam chain tensioner. You'll notice knocking 5000 rpm when that thing will start to fail. Takes 2-3 hours to replace (hard to access). Enjoy your bike!

I've always liked the F4i, really nice bike!
Personally, I would of gone pre-banana seat model but it still looks clean!
Congrats, you have a very long winter ahead of you!

if you get it painted unprofessionally, it's might be harder to resell

I really dont care to resell, I plan to have this bike for a while and learn a lot on it. I also one day turn this bike in the a streetfighter,

as for the seat... I dont care i got a sick deal on the bike $2800 for it. So i have to jump on it

The only common problem with these bikes is the ATC - automatic cam chain tensioner. You'll notice knocking 5000 rpm when that thing will start to fail. Takes 2-3 hours to replace (hard to access). Enjoy your bike!

Yup look for an APE manual one Blue Streak Racing normally has them in-stock. As for the time period with the proper tools they can be done in under an hour incl the test ride after. Just don't forget to purchase the new gasket.

Yup look for an APE manual one Blue Streak Racing normally has them in-stock. As for the time period with the proper tools they can be done in under an hour incl the test ride after. Just don't forget to purchase the new gasket.

Many different opinions on this one, so I'm not going to start an argument. I just got the latest ACT and happy with it, it's rev 24 now lol

Congrats on the bike, F4i's are super comfortable for long rides without giving up power like a sport tourer.
I have had mine for awhile and love it. And great deal by the way.

as for the seat... I dont care i got a sick deal on the bike $2800 for it. So i have to jump on it

You can swap out the bannana seat for a split seat very easily if you have the right parts. Just need a 01-03 sub frame, rear fairing and seats. :D

+1, I was charged $50 from the Stealership to install mine.

Congrats! Yup, it's gonna be a loooong winter. Canada needs to slide south, just a smidge...let's say, all the way to Mexico, just for good measure ;).

Thanks everyone, during riding season I plan to try and come out to meets expand my network of friends... lol

nice bike..I have a 2006 F4i.. and LOVE it.. they are amazing bikes!!! ohhh how I hate Winter!!! How many days till Spring?? ;)

nice bike..I have a 2006 F4i.. and LOVE it.. they are amazing bikes!!! ohhh how I hate Winter!!! How many days till Spring?? ;)

Have not started counting to spring yet as the bikes still out.

Congrats on the new bike! I don't think anyone forgets there first bike. Enjoy and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom