Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK

Jia

"For Immediate Release
Parts Canada
October 11th, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Parts Canada announces today that it will not be renewing sponsorship for 2012 with
CSBK for the Canadian Superbike Championship.
Parts Canada has proudly supported the Canadian National road racing series as title
sponsor since 1990. Even through the economic downturn and with other series
partners finding it necessary to cut back (or disengage completely), Parts Canada
continued to support the series as its title sponsor, and has provided support in many
other ways including team support, and rider support, both amateur and professional.
After a successful 2011 season with new ownership and the new title of CSBK Parts
Canada, Parts Canada was excited to be discussing the program for 2012. Having
fulfilled all of its obligations for the 2011 season and looking forward to 2012, Parts
Canada was forced to re-evaluate its investment in the series. In part, this decision is as
a result of recent public events related to the series organizer, with which Parts Canada
does not want to be associated. Parts Canada intends to stand firm in its corporate
beliefs and as a result must pull away from the current series.
James Danyluk, President of Parts Canada adds, “This is not an easy decision for us,
as we are proud of our racing heritage. Parts Canada has and will continue to be one of
the preeminent sponsors of motorcycle racing in Canada, be it road racing, motorcross,
drag racing or any other type. Parts Canada respects all of the supporters, riders, team
owners, technicians and fans, and does not wish to be associated with or condone
conduct that is not consistent with this philosophy. We support the sport, and will
continue our efforts to promote motorcycling in Canada. We are looking forward to a
fresh beginning.”
For additional information contact Laura Lang laural@partscanada.com"

Oh it is bad... very bad. I don't have the answer as how to turn it around, but a hope would be that one of the other organizations would become popular enough with the amateur ranks, that in the future it would start having pro classes at the national level.

It always sucks to see a big name supporter pull out of any motorsports series in Canada. Get involved with racing in the States and you will see we are decades away from the support they have down there. Curious if anyone can shed some light on
a result of recent public events related to the series organizer, with which Parts Canada
does not want to be associated.
?

Oh it is bad... very bad. I don't have the answer as how to turn it around, but a hope would be that one of the other organizations would become popular enough with the amateur ranks, that in the future it would start having pro classes at the national level.

Up until now, there's been too much animosity between the various regional series for them to take up the slack. It would be possible for them to get together, and create a National Series replacement, but possible and likely are worlds apart. As it sits, this is the death of the National Series.

"In part, this decision is as
does not want to be associated."

What are they referring to?

For what it's worth.. I'd think good and hard before I gave any of my hard earned money to Orion Motorsports. If there is a national series year and it is a Pirelli spec tire I will buy my tires out of the US.

For what it's worth.. I'd think good and hard before I gave any of my hard earned money to Orion Motorsports. If there is a national series year and it is a Pirelli spec tire I will buy my tires out of the US.

........... IF there is a National this year and IF it is a spec tire series YOU WILL buy your tires fom Kevin or YOU WILL not race THAT series ......... ;-) just the way its going to be (they won't even mount your tires, IF there bought from "elseware" .......) Tim, isn't it just easier to race one of the other 2 series? RACE will have to rebuild and SOAR is well, is SOARING..... BG

Given that purchases are recorded, and that the tires are likely marked, I doubt that would be an option. It's an easy DQ.

Maybe now some of the big wigs will see there needs to be some changes up top.

It always sucks to see a big name supporter pull out of any motorsports series in Canada. Get involved with racing in the States and you will see we are decades away from the support they have down there. Curious if anyone can shed some light on ?

We are not decades away, we will never have that kind of support.

It's not mathematically possible in this country.

Back
Top Bottom