2010 ZX10R Superbike Build | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

Well, I wasn't planning on investing in a full system but sometimes a deal too good to pass up comes along.

I just scored a brand new Yoshimura R77 full system off eBay for $550. Stainless header with carbon can. I'll have the Jardine RT5 slip on for sale shortly.

:)

3647_5_.jpg

you think you will get it to 370 lbs. good luck with that.
i have carbonfiber subframe,bird cage,rear sets,rotor,even the rear wheel adjuters,airbox,ramair tube,gas tank,and so more
a bunch of tie bolts(56 of them) and the rest of them are aluminum,
and a 8 cell litiaim battery.
and im at 371lbs with a haft gallon of gas.
not sure what your budjet is. but your going to need alot $$$ to make that wieght.

2004 10R curb weight is 432lbs. I had my 04 down to 342lbs with no fuel.

2010 10R curb weight is 458lbs. So stock versus stock the 2010 is 26lbs heavier. My 04 had the full Ti Akrapovic whereas my 10 will have a stainless system but otherwise they will be similarly built. I think 370-380lbs (with no fuel) is attainable.. but we'll see.

cut holes in your frame for a custom ram air mount :cool:

Curb weight of a stock 2010 10R is 458lbs but that includes 17L of fuel, so with no fuel that becomes 421lbs. My target is 370lbs so I need to shed 51lbs off the bike to get there.

The weight loss will come from getting rid of:
Headlight, tail light, mirrors, rear fender with turn signals, hugger, chain guard, rubber engine shroud, horn and bracket, rad fan, exhaust servo motor and cables, LH handlebar switches, ignition switch, sprocket cover, rear seat latch mechanism, plus several other small parts and brackets that are not needed. (the headlight alone weighs a good 10lbs if not more)

Further weight loss coming from swapping out heavy stock parts to lighter aftermarket parts.
Stock exhaust to the full Yoshimura system, stock 11.8lb battery to the 1.6lb Antigravity battery. Also switching to fiberglass from plastic bodywork saves some weight.

There will be some extra weight added with things like the PowerCommander and the Cox rad guard. But I think shedding 50lbs is an attainable goal.

James, I dont know what year your 1000RR is or how much lighter yours is from stock but I'm basing my numbers on what I know about the 10R.

Curb weight of a stock 2010 10R is 458lbs but that includes 17L of fuel, so with no fuel that becomes 421lbs. My target is 370lbs so I need to shed 51lbs off the bike to get there.

The weight loss will come from getting rid of:
Headlight, tail light, mirrors, rear fender with turn signals, hugger, chain guard, rubber engine shroud, horn and bracket, rad fan, exhaust servo motor and cables, LH handlebar switches, ignition switch, sprocket cover, rear seat latch mechanism, plus several other small parts and brackets that are not needed. (the headlight alone weighs a good 10lbs if not more)

Further weight loss coming from swapping out heavy stock parts to lighter aftermarket parts.
Stock exhaust to the full Yoshimura system, stock 11.8lb battery to the 1.6lb Antigravity battery. Also switching to fiberglass from plastic bodywork saves some weight.

There will be some extra weight added with things like the PowerCommander and the Cox rad guard. But I think shedding 50lbs is an attainable goal.

James, I dont know what year your 1000RR is or how much lighter yours is from stock but I'm basing my numbers on what I know about the 10R.

Im not sure about the 10R but on the 09 ZX6R there was rubber dampers and steel plates to hold them in, on the inside of the clutch and sprocket covers. The Kawi kit racing manual instructed to remove them for racing as they were just there to dampen engine noise.... There was alot of junk it said to remove, even the roam that lines the inside of the ram air tube.

2004 10R curb weight is 432lbs. I had my 04 down to 342lbs with no fuel.

2010 10R curb weight is 458lbs. So stock versus stock the 2010 is 26lbs heavier. My 04 had the full Ti Akrapovic whereas my 10 will have a stainless system but otherwise they will be similarly built. I think 370-380lbs (with no fuel) is attainable.. but we'll see.
well i sat at the scales at the last national.
alex wlash gsxr 1000 396lbs
brent macormick 1000s 401lbs
jorden zokes zx10 398lbs
so considering the factorys have way more tricks(and money) up their sleeves. like i said good luck with your build.
at the end put your bike on a scale im sure you will be disapointed.

You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought

Nice triples, what offset do you actually run compared to stock?

Stock is 27mm.

Attacks with the 'zero' insert would be 30mm. I'm starting with the '3' inserts so to start i'll have them set at 27mm and tinker from there.

Stock is 27mm.

Attacks with the 'zero' insert would be 30mm. I'm starting with the '3' inserts so to start i'll have them set at 27mm and tinker from there.

Cool I had Harris triples on my 03 R6 with R1 fork conversion, its pretty amazing how much 1-3mm in offset changes the handling characteristics of a bike...

Are all the bolts TI with the Attacks? Or are those SS, they look TI

I got a big box with "Yoshimura" written on it last night at the post office. Looks like i'll be installing an exhaust today!

GEDC0870.jpg

GEDC0871.jpg

Last edited:
You can see the Evotech exhaust hanger in the above pics too. It weighs very little!

A few more updates. I got the Driven smog blockoff plates installed. I didn't want to cut the wiring harness so I removed the two terminals from the air valve actuator connector, jumpered them, then sealed them up in some heat shrink tubing. No FI light this way.

Cox radiator guard installed, rad installed.

I picked up some Vortex rearsets off ye olde eBay. They are used but they're in mint shape and the seller was up in Alliston, ON. $205 to my door.

Tomorrow I'm dropping off my forks with the Ohlins internals as well as my Ohlins 46PRXLS to Brad Clarke (Compulsion Racing) for some "refreshing". Stay tuned for the new swingarm too. ;)

GEDC0872.jpg

GEDC0873.jpg

GEDC0876.jpg

GEDC0877.jpg

did you throw new plugs in there ? while you were there??

Back
Top Bottom