2010 ZX10R Superbike Build | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

Nice build, how do you like the Annitori Quick Shifter. Eyeing one up but haven't seen too much about them.

Nice build, how do you like the Annitori Quick Shifter. Eyeing one up but haven't seen too much about them.

For the first 2 rounds it worked flawlessly but I've been having issues with it lately.

I've spoken to the tech support folks and they've advised me that the ground wire should be attached directly to the negative battery terminal and not to the main chassis ground. I have not had time to re-install it yet to see if that makes a difference.

I'll get back to you on that one.

For the first 2 rounds it worked flawlessly but I've been having issues with it lately.

I've spoken to the tech support folks and they've advised me that the ground wire should be attached directly to the negative battery terminal and not to the main chassis ground. I have not had time to re-install it yet to see if that makes a difference.

I'll get back to you on that one.

Sounds a little sketchy but unless you picked a ****** ground or it has come loose I don't see how it would make much difference where it was grounded. Keep me posted as I really want one and it is really the only affordable option for my older bike.

Sounds a little sketchy but unless you picked a ****** ground or it has come loose I don't see how it would make much difference where it was grounded. Keep me posted as I really want one and it is really the only affordable option for my older bike.
On the R6 forum people complained about the same thing. Even battery ground did not fix it, but when the grounded it to the "sensor ground" or ECU ground, it worked flawless. Apparently it picks up electrical noise when grounded to the batter/frame and that what causes the problem.

-Jamie M.

On the R6 forum people complained about the same thing. Even battery ground did not fix it, but when the grounded it to the "sensor ground" or ECU ground, it worked flawless. Apparently it picks up electrical noise when grounded to the batter/frame and that what causes the problem.

-Jamie M.

Interesting, good to know as I ended up ordering one for my bike. I will ground it to the ECU ground right off the hop to try and avoid future issues.

My quickshifter is still not working. I have tried ECU ground and battery ground. HM support suggested using the battery ground, I don't think it was picking up any noise and causing "ghost cuts" but it was not cutting when I wanted it to.

Very entertaining to see, great thread! Nice bike!

... and someone did really well on this bike this past weekend at Grand Bend. Congrats Tim!

A bit of a late update... The ECU failure I had is what caused the quickshifter failure. Annitori sent me a new QS module and it worked perfectly for the remainder of the season.

I had a really good season with the bike I built in my living room.

In 13 finals I had 7 wins and 6 2nd place finishes.

SOAR Nov Open Sprint - 1st overall
SOAR Nov Superbike - 2nd overall
RACE AM Superbike - 4th overall (I only did 3 rounds)

Back
Top Bottom