Construction at Mosport | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Construction at Mosport

Reviving this thread in light of what is happening to CSBK in Canada right now.All the renovations at Mosport will be worth squat if there is nothing to watch.

Hyperventilate_180_250.jpg

Reviving this thread in light of what is happening to CSBK in Canada right now.All the renovations at Mosport will be worth squat if there is nothing to watch.

They have other events there, mainly the ALMS race. But yeah, actual paid events are pretty rare. Perhaps they anticipate being able to lure other events that they can get a paid audience for?

I don't think that a single CSBK weekend is a very significant blip on the Mosport owner's radar.

Funny, I've heard the same information given by Turbo from a friend of mine who has connections at Mosport. They have already started alot of the things he is talking about too. I was there last weekend for the Celebration of Mosport.
The view from corner 3 is way different now and you wouldn't recognize your Superbike weekend campsite. Friend at the track says that the track between corner 9 and 10 is no more, and neither is the tuinnel that used to be there.

The tunnel between T9 & T10 is being expanded to 2 way traffic and large enough to get team transports in and out of the paddock instead of them needing to go accross the track at T8.

The view from corner 3 is way different now and you wouldn't recognize your Superbike weekend campsite.
What? You mean all you can see is asphalt?

Friend at the track says that the track between corner 9 and 10 is no more, and neither is the tuinnel that used to be there.
So they've decided that raw dirt is still smoother than what they had before?

So what's the point of taking out all the dirt from T2? BTW, that picture makes turn 2 look like it's a piece of cake. :D

So what's the point of taking out all the dirt from T2? BTW, that picture makes turn 2 look like it's a piece of cake. :D

T2 on the track and run-off is untouched. The inside and outside of T2 on the spectator side of the fence is what has been levelled and smoothed for better sightlines.

This might take care of the bumps going into turn 9.... Fresh pavement

Lets hope they fix 10.... worse turn on the bloody track. Actually, if the surface was much better, the bike racing would be much more entertaining... As it is now, every bike is shooting for the EXACT same line (maybe not in 2 & 8 ) through almost every corner. Thats why Bogie is so good, you can try things and not risk it all.

The tunnel between T9 & T10 is being expanded to 2 way traffic and large enough to get team transports in and out of the paddock instead of them needing to go accross the track at T8.

Crap. There goes my favourite parking spot. I'll have to check all the sightlines again, next year, if there's going to be a National there.

Back
Top Bottom