Construction at Mosport | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Construction at Mosport

Mosport is a 50 yr old track.Modern racing has no place there.I really doubt the credibility of a persons info who hasn't even spent time on the track.Your "expertise" is better spent in the insurance forum Turbo.

Mosport is a 50 yr old track.Modern racing has no place there.I really doubt the credibility of a persons info who hasn't even spent time on the track.Your "expertise" is better spent in the insurance forum Turbo.

You can doubt my credibility all you want. The track world at Mosport doesn't start and end only with motorcycles. Let's just say that I've done more than a few laps there, easy and hard, in various vehicles over the many years.

Mosport is about to get dragged into the 21st century. Panoz started things along as far as trackside was concerned but never got around to the spectator side. The new group is continuing with trackside and also doing a wholesale, almost clean-sheet redesign of the spectator side. I got wind of some of the plans earlier this summer and got more details last weekend when I was there for that other world of racing, 4 wheels. That track pavement configuration is not changing, but just about everything else will be.

The really big work starts in earnest on the 17th. Wait for the imminent formal announcement, then we can talk about "credibility".

Last edited:
Funny, I've heard the same information given by Turbo from a friend of mine who has connections at Mosport. They have already started alot of the things he is talking about too. I was there last weekend for the Celebration of Mosport.

You can doubt my credibility all you want. The track world at Mosport doesn't start and end only with motorcycles. Let's just say that I've done more than a few laps there, easy and hard, in various vehicles over the many years.

Mosport is about to get dragged into the 21st century. Panoz started things along as far as trackside was concerned but never got around to the spectator side. The new group is continuing with trackside and also doing a wholesale, almost clean-sheet redesign of the spectator side. I got wind of some of the plans earlier this summer and got more details last weekend when I was there for that other world of racing, 4 wheels. That track pavement configuration is not changing, but just about everything else will be.

The really big work starts in earnest on the 17th. Wait for the imminent formal announcement, then we can talk about "credibility".

Thanks for all the info Turbo, I certainly dont' doubt your source because it's very inline with what the fellow at the track told me. My foreign investor was a mistake, I recalled him saying a guy from Orlando (so I thought Foreign) but was mistaken he is actually Canadian. Now that you said it I remember that's the exact same thing the track worker told me.

Also, if I remember correctly, he told me they plan to turn it into more like an amusement park and track in one. Similar to how Suzuka is set up.

I believe Ron Fellows is co-owner of the track now and has promised a new revised big event track!!!! Go Ron!!!!!!!!!

I believe Ron Fellows is co-owner of the track now and has promised a new revised big event track!!!! Go Ron!!!!!!!!!

It's a great track. I think the lap time is a little on the short side these days so that might be an issue eventually. I'd settle for a grandstand and a half-decent food service!! :) They have some impediments to getting higher-level events but I'm sure with enough dirt moving they can make it work. All it takes is money.

Also, if I remember correctly, he told me they plan to turn it into more like an amusement park and track in one. Similar to how Suzuka is set up.

That's correct. If anyone remembers where the stage was for Ride for Sight, imagine that stage moved a bit closer to the showers and many times larger for a major concert event.

But hey, what do I know.

Last edited:
That's correct. If anyone remembers where the stage was for Ride for Sight, imagine that stage moved a bit closer to the showers and many times larger for a major concert event.

But hey, what do I know.

Have they filed building permits yet?

For a temporary concert stage?

Well, there's talk of new buildings, tunnels, bridges and those generally require building permits. So I'm just curious if they're at that stage yet or if it's still in planning? I suppose I could just go check with Clarington.

Yes, construction has started... lol I've already posted several times that I was there last weekend and trees have been cleared and a road has already been made wider:)

Well, there's talk of new buildings, tunnels, bridges and those generally require building permits. So I'm just curious if they're at that stage yet or if it's still in planning? I suppose I could just go check with Clarington.

Yes, construction has started... lol I've already posted several times that I was there last weekend and trees have been cleared and a road has already been made wider:)

Well, you don't need permits for that kind of stuff necessarily. I wanted to see if I could get an idea of what they're planning via the permit process! Sneak peek!! :) If I find anything out, I'll let ya know.

Ohhhhhh, that would be cool to see what it's goingt to look like after...before:)
Well, you don't need permits for that kind of stuff necessarily. I wanted to see if I could get an idea of what they're planning via the permit process! Sneak peek!! :) If I find anything out, I'll let ya know.

Ohhhhhh, that would be cool to see what it's goingt to look like after...before:)

It seems they're in consultation with the Town and they expect permit applications to start coming in next month. Nifty! :)

Mosport is a scary arsed track to ride on with a bike, runoff isnt ideal for bikes and the topspeed hoopdy doopdy backstraight is boderline insane.
None of this is helped by all the huge concrete panel patches.
Smooth pavement and some runoff outa 1 and thru 4 would be a huge improvement for 2 wheelers.

Mosport is a scary arsed track to ride on with a bike, runoff isnt ideal for bikes and the topspeed hoopdy doopdy backstraight is boderline insane.
None of this is helped by all the huge concrete panel patches.
Smooth pavement and some runoff outa 1 and thru 4 would be a huge improvement for 2 wheelers.
Its also what draws everybody to Mosport, wheelcount notwithstanding.

There isnt a place within a day's drive that has the mystery and the adventurous appeal of a lap at that place. All things positive it probably wouldnt hurt to a add a bit of a safety margin for such a place.

Spectating at turn 2 is unlike anything else, either, and there is potential for more excellent vantage points all over the place that can excite attendance,

I hope they stay true to the spirit thats made the layout so attractive.

There are even more trees cleared now. From where you were camped on superbike weekend, you can almost see all the way from the top of corner two all the way around to the entrance to corner 4. More trees are gone, the road is gone, and bulldozers are doing some major earth-shaping. The road going down there has also had even more work done to it, and work is starting to overhaul and widen the roads in the infield around the shower area..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom