Construction at Mosport | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Construction at Mosport

At least it's still "Canadian Superbike" in the name, somewhere. What are the ACC and Roger's Centre? Absolutely no heritage there.

The ACC has no heritage. It always was the ACC. What is this Roger's Center you write of? The Jays play at the Skydome.

So what do we call the brekkie sandwich now? It won't be a McMosport anymore.Maybe a "CrappyT" with bacon n cheese.

Last edited:
So what do we call the brekkie sandwich now? It won't be a McMosport anymore.Maybe a "CrappyT" with bacon n cheese.

Whatever they call it, based on my recent experiences with Mark's the bacon will fallout on the second bite.

attachment.php

Since I own Canadian Tire stock, do I get to track for free?

Its nice to see improvements ......but..... the way I see it this is the death of bikes at Mosport. The owners have been very vocal on wanting to attract big events (NASCAR,INDY,Prototypes etc) Well if you look at the schedule its FULL every weekend every year. So its only common sense to put two and two together here, If they manage to attract a big event or two then someone will lose their weekend. I figure DOCC first, VRRA second and Nats third in whatever form they may have. Its an effort to set up the track for bikes thats why they group them all together so the expense can be spread out between bike weekends/trackdays etc.I see the weekend event getting the boot and either the ajoining weekdays trackdays go too or they have to absorb the bale costs alone (10K at Mosport for bales) So it makes economic sense to just eliminate bikes. Revenue stays the same with no extra effort. Not to mention the last bunch of fatalities have been motorcycles, that certainly doesnt help. I hope I am wrong but feel that I am not. I live in the area and the coffee shop talk I am hearing is along those lines. I have tried to get a weekend there for three years now and have had no success.

You may be spot on Ken. I have the same gut feeling after the updates are done.

If you've never ridden mosport this year could be your last chance.

^^^ Definitely on my list for this year and now even more of a priority. As Ken has just said it will be a sad thing for motorcycle racing and tracking if they accomplish what what they are thinking. Mosport is definitely a premier facility in Ontario and possibly Canada. If they attract NASCAR it will likely kill the Fort Erie track as I heard that it's one of the groups they were hoping to get. Lets hope not.

They renamed it Canadian Tire Motorsports Park......

[video=youtube_share;cdHuo1waI84]http://youtu.be/cdHuo1waI84[/video]

^^^ Definitely on my list for this year and now even more of a priority. As Ken has just said it will be a sad thing for motorcycle racing and tracking if they accomplish what what they are thinking. Mosport is definitely a premier facility in Ontario and possibly Canada. If they attract NASCAR it will likely kill the Fort Erie track as I heard that it's one of the groups they were hoping to get. Lets hope not.

Ill go with you Rob....

Speaking of Fort Erie, I read this a few weeks back....sort of pathetic.

Ale58j1CIAANN6k.jpg

Speaking of Fort Erie, I read this a few weeks back....sort of pathetic.

Ale58j1CIAANN6k.jpg

It is. Nobody could agree on a meeting date because everyone has conflicting schedules. Seems like the chances just get slimmer.:(

Back
Top Bottom