Construction at Mosport | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Construction at Mosport

Way back play back.

[video=youtube;O-EkXEzcwwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-EkXEzcwwY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Holy ****, they have moved alot of dirt!

Keep it up.

Visited the track yesterday and saw all the de-construction going on.
Phoned the Mosport offices and spoke to the man there to ask permission
to take photos etc.
He said to be patient and wait for the press releases which are due
out very soon. The track has been out shooting their own stuff and will release
accurate details asap.

if the track gets repaved I'm definitely buying every available track day there ( if there is any ) , Mosport is my favourite track and if it does get repaved it will be that much more fun and definitely much, much safer , i hate those cement patches, some are very bad , i crashed twice because of them and had a few close calls , i wish they also expended some of the run-offs , especially turn 4 , i hope the good news come soon !! all the best too all riders out there

If it gets repaved, then it won't be long before the concrete is back. It's the point where the outside wheels of cars sit, when cornering, and they do a real number on the asphalt.

Seems like the rumour mill continues to swirl. Why on earth would they repave the track? Seems like a very unnecessary expense.

Besides some dirt moving and removal of the tunnel, doesn't sound like much going on...just improvement on spectator areas. They have been very tight-lipped on anything else so I am curious as to where some people get their "information" from.

Considering that a big chunk of the corner 9-10 area seems to be removed I'm not sure if it should be called a repave, or just a pave.

Brent?

While nobody has said anything specific, from the sounds of it their business plan is to attract a major event, something NASCAR sized. I don't think there's any way NASCAR would consider running there with the surface that exists in many places.

Just can't see this being for a NASCAR event. Don't forgot that for NASCAR you need garages and pit stalls for 40 + cars.

It's great to see the changes especially for the spectators and the track day users.

Would love to know where some people on here get there "inside information". I know quite a few people there too and haven't heard anything like some of the claims on here.

Just can't see this being for a NASCAR event. Don't forgot that for NASCAR you need garages and pit stalls for 40 + cars.

It's great to see the changes especially for the spectators and the track day users.

Would love to know where some people on here get there "inside information". I know quite a few people there too and haven't heard anything like some of the claims on here.

"you need garages and pit stalls for ......." no, you don't ...... they actually can use their transporters, if you see any of the smaller ovals they just fill up the infeild with BIG expensive rolling shops...... NASCAR is coming (at least Nationwide) look at Montreal with there race ..... people love Taxi cabs "specialy fast one that crash good...." Yee, haw.... BG

If it gets repaved, then it won't be long before the concrete is back. It's the point where the outside wheels of cars sit, when cornering, and they do a real number on the asphalt.

Your right. Thats why Bogie is such a gem, no high downforce, winged cars allowed!

Your right. Thats why Bogie is such a gem, no high downforce, winged cars allowed!

Actually it's the high torque big V8s that churn up the apex. Think Trans-am of the 80s/90s.

No, it's the downforce. Lateral Gs are much higher than longitudinal Gs, usually a minimum of 1.5 when cornering versus a usual max of 1.0 for acceleration.

The concrete patches are all the way through the corner, not just through the exit portion.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't do what Mid-Ohio did. They had the patches before it was repaved, but when they repaved it they put this sealer on the corners to prevent the asphalt from degrading. It sticks like crazy when it is hot, but in the morning or if it has rained during the night..... it is slick. In the rain... F-it.... I don't ride. It is insane how little grip you have. The problem is that it is hard to see where it is.... and often it is the whole width of the track.

Thing is.... you get European tracks (ya their weather is better) that have tons of car racing... and they don't seem to degrade too bad. If they were to put concrete under the asphalt, I wonder if that would make a big difference to the longevity of the track.

Last edited:
What no new rumours here lately? It made for some great reads!

As for NASCAR coming, yes, the Canadian Tire Series but that's about it...at least for the next few years.

Found this on the DOCC site.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/Mosport50[/video]

“This new tunnel along with our expanded entrance will allow Mosport to function much more efficiently for our existing events and will prepare us for future major events,” said Myles Brandt, President and General Manager of Mosport International Raceway.

And that isn't Canadian Tire NASCAR! ;-)

311395_10150468885606013_406408951012_10874417_815537278_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom