RTI (Rider Training Institute) Toronto - Highly Recommended! | GTAMotorcycle.com

RTI (Rider Training Institute) Toronto - Highly Recommended!

holotape

Site Supporter
I did my M1 Exit course with RTI this past weekend and I have nothing but good things to say about the instructors, the lesson plan, and the school.

Highly Recommended!

If anyone has any questions about my experience, I'd be happy to share.

We, here at Brampton PowerSports, also recommend RTI. We deal with them regularly and carry their promotion tools in our showroom and have yet to hear complaints against them. Safe riding everyone.

I did my M1 Exit course with RTI this past weekend and I have nothing but good things to say about the instructors, the lesson plan, and the school.

Highly Recommended!

If anyone has any questions about my experience, I'd be happy to share.

+1

I did the course the same weekend at the North York location. Where did u do yours?

Last edited:
I've done both my m1 exit and m2 exit courses through RTI, no complaints from me

Fred! It's Dan!

Another thumbs up for RTI. People and instructors made the weekend great, despite the rain.

I was in your course. It was good minus the rain.

Just spoke to my buddy who had to redo his M last weekend. Aside from the crap weather he only had good things to say about RTI.

I did my course with RTI back in 2004 and it was a great experience. Other than knowing how to drive a standard car, I knew nothing about riding a motorcycle.
I was amazed at how well everyone in the class progressed together regardless of their experience level. I also heard that other school only use dirt bikes for their courses, RTI uses a mix of styles.
I still recommend them to all my friends who want to learn how to ride :)

I'm attending a course this weekend, which also calls for rain.

Did people in your course have proper motorcycle rain gear? Personally, I would never venture out if there was even a chance of rain, so investing in rain gear may be an expense dedicated solely to the course.

I think students that take the course when it rains get the best out of the weekend. They learn and practice emergency maneuvers on wet pavement and really understand the limits and abilities of a motorcycle. And since they're not afraid of riding in the rain anymore, they get a lot more riding done during the already short Toronto motorcycle season.

tldr: Ride in the rain. You're not made of soap.

I'm attending a course this weekend, which also calls for rain.

Did people in your course have proper motorcycle rain gear? Personally, I would never venture out if there was even a chance of rain, so investing in rain gear may be an expense dedicated solely to the course.

There are a lot of options for gear. I have some that fits in the back of my ss for those just in case moments. Riding in the rain isn't as bad as you think. It poured when I took my course and I had to ride 30 mins to and from it. It happens sometimes.

I think students that take the course when it rains get the best out of the weekend. They learn and practice emergency maneuvers on wet pavement and really understand the limits and abilities of a motorcycle. And since they're not afraid of riding in the rain anymore, they get a lot more riding done during the already short Toronto motorcycle season.

tldr: Ride in the rain. You're not made of soap.

Pray for rain. Taught me a lot more and gave me full confidence... and I took the course late fall last September. Zero fear of rain this year.
No personal experience, but I was told one can "rent" rain gear from Walmart... I'll leave on that note.

Was very fun, make sure your visor is appropriate for the weather... I had super dark cloudy rain, my amber visor was amazing.
There are a lot of options for gear. I have some that fits in the back of my ss for those just in case moments. Riding in the rain isn't as bad as you think. It poured when I took my course and I had to ride 30 mins to and from it. It happens sometimes.

Just wanted to second the recommendation of RTI. Took the basic course last year and got my M2, very valuable. I also took the intermediate course this year (I followed the basic with scootering and felt I needed a refresher for my new motorcycle). Amazing day out: challenging, fun, exhausting, improved my riding substantially (admittedly from a low baseline).

P.S. As for rain, from this beginner's point of view it is absolutely nothing to worry about. The bike will be fine, and you will be too in your rain gear. So you go a touch slower round corners and allow a bit more space.

I did rti back in 2004. They had this beat up ninja 250 with duct tape around headlight, that's the one I picked, also fastest on the parking lot. The rest were Honda 50 dunno model but they look like royal infield and some odd dirt bikes. Do they still train at the docks? What fleet of bikes they have now? It was the best weekend I ever spent during my college years.

Last edited:
They have never had Honda 50s, probably thinking of the Titans which are 150s.

CBR125s
TU250s
TW200s
Eliminator125s
Titan150s
And the odd Maurader. I think they are also 125s

Yeah, still at the Docks and about 10 other sites every weekend.

Www.ridertraining.ca

I did the M2 course last summer at Central North York with Raf and the guy that looks like Charles Bronson. It poured buckets. I had my Joe Rocket textiles, but a 1 piece rain suit would have helped.

We had a great time, but, god, were we ever tired.

Took the Course in 2008 . Was a great course and kept me safe my first year riding. Instructors were great. Gene(lightcycle) was actually one of them.

Just took the course two weekends ago with RTI - awesome instructors! Shoutout to Lynn, Raegan, Denise and Shawna. They were super patient and kept repeating their instructions to get it through our thick skulls. I did not even know how to properly sit on a motorcycle before I took the course. After the course, I picked up my bike from the dealership (2 days after) and rode it home (about 15 kms) without a problem.

Unfortunately, I got nervous for my test and my mistakes just piled on one another. So I failed the first time around. They offer a free retest so just took the retest today. Happy to announce passed without a single mistake. All in all, excellent instructors, excellent curriculum, and their free retest policy is awesome! Anyone interested in more details from a more recent perspective, happy to go into details.

I did the M1 exit course in August (I just joined GTAM) and would super recommend it to anyone and everyone. I did the North York course with Chris, Josh and Jeff...great guys and extremely helpful. Shout out at Jeff!! During the pre-test practice there was one turn (sharp lefty) that I couldn't do. I tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it. Jeff was patient, worked with me to get it. Come test time I made that left my b****. Jeff came up and gave me a high five. That's pretty cool. I can't wait to do the M2 exit with them in about a year and a half.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom