So I'm Looking for A Stunt Bike..... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I'm Looking for A Stunt Bike.....

Wow some of the posts in this thread are great, buy what ever you can afford to buy and get out there

I built my first bike 3 years ago and after finally getting it almost set up proper I kinda wish I woulda got one pre done to start. U take it slow usually building first one but after every major mod u have to learn to ride all over again. I'm 3 years in and I just installed rear handbrake so I'm back to stage one newbie lol. If I could do over I'd buy one already done, learn to ride proper bike, then build my own again. But everyone will have different opinion on that just throwing my 2 cents in.

Dont worry about it ETR. If you have an opinoin on this forum that doesnt match some of the members of "Canadas Top Stunt Team" your either A) a hater B) no nothing C) or not a stunter. there is only a select few on here that are aloud to have an opinion...
some people can dish out opinions but cry and get bent out of shape when someone has a differing one.
thats just how it is in here...

Ahh i see, no worries BnASoldier, i truely don't care if im being made fun of or shut down, because that just shows me that either the person is young and ignorant, or simply limited by their ego and not willing to share. Im just in here to help people who i think could use advice as i remember being a noob once too, and i remember back then when we started the street racing era, the import scene, bike scene we had no advice we had to learn the hard way. And im glad you mentioned what you did, because that is the main reason why nothing ever becomes big in Canada, too few people here with minor skills at best, with huge ego's think they know everything, and they shut down anyone with real talent. i have noticed this with every car club and bike club out here of me being involved in the scene, which is why i quit getting involved in person and staying anonymous, im even a founder of a few clubs that many people know about that i left when some really ignorant people started taking it over. this is why i just laugh and say no thanks when ever people and sponsors ask me to join canadian clubs.

I've done some research, and I agree with you guys in terms of setting up my own bike with the basics. Ordered myself a proper cage, round bar and rear handbrake setup. Will setup over the winter, and hopefully get into it next season. Slowly but surely.

good luck man, great start, be safe and have FUN!lol

I gotta say ETR, and no disrespect, but what you're saying doesn't hold water. Karma John made a very good point. It's like buying anything used though, you just gotta be careful, my bike is brand new for that reason. But again, like Karma said, if you upgrade slowly you have to relearn your bike constantly instead of progressing your skill level. Of course, ultimately your skill level will improve, but in a much longer time frame, and with our short seasons I don't see how you can preach that??

buy a bike thats already built... will save you money if you quit and save you money from having to build one... after a couple seasons (or one if your like me) it will be all clapped out with zipties and random ****, then you can decide on a different bike or just rebuild it!

I gotta say ETR, and no disrespect, but what you're saying doesn't hold water. Karma John made a very good point. It's like buying anything used though, you just gotta be careful, my bike is brand new for that reason. But again, like Karma said, if you upgrade slowly you have to relearn your bike constantly instead of progressing your skill level. Of course, ultimately your skill level will improve, but in a much longer time frame, and with our short seasons I don't see how you can preach that??

I can understand where you are coming from, but would that not just mean the rider is a very slow learner? and not really the fault of the season? slow dosen't necessarily mean a month or season before upgrading it could mean weeks or simply the learning speed of the rider, i know and feel you on about the weather i wish it was summer all year but its not. yet i managed to learn just fine within the season, thats also because im a very fast learner, which then comes down to, the same thing i always say take advice from people to see what route would best suit you, because everyone has a different style and learning curve, which suits you best as a learner, if you look at all the famous stunters they are ALL different, they all have a different style thats why they each are famous, they all created their own way of doing things. I like knowing everything from start to finish, and i rather ride, on somthing i know is well built and i built, then something someone fixed up to sell and get rid off it dosen't mean so should someone else, its just something that someone else with the same concerns like mine might also consider. When you have been riding and driving semi-pro as young and long as i have you tend to try and not get into anymore accidents, because that is what really takes your time off the skill improving time, not doing things right and throughly the first time. Rushing into building a bike is just like trying to jump on a 600 with no riding experience, its a new territory, also when this all started the OG's of stunting who are famous today, didn't have fully built bikes from the get go, they slowly made new parts to make it easier to do their new discovered stunt move which they discovered, so they only invented these parts as they were needed, which everyone now buys before even knowing how to learn to do do the stunt and have anykind of use for the parts.

Your basis is like saying you can't stunt if you don't have these parts, while innovators think, i can do anything i want, and invent things along the way, back then people could do high chair wheelies without a finger rear brake, because they had crazy throttle feathering skills, today so many people have rough throttle control because they are too reliant on the finger break to stay balanced, because thats how they start learning, reliant on gadgets that make it easy for anyone to do a stunt that would make it easy by using it. The point is to be the best you literally have to be the best, and no add on makes the rider or driver only adds to making things easier. so not having all the parts right out is not the end of the world, but if someone wants all of it out the box, hey go ahead, people will do what they want, right?

I don't know if you ever herd growing up the sayings along the lines, people who try to make fast money loose it as fast because true success takes a brick at a time that flourishes into something that will withstand the test of time. Look up any successful athelete, actor, person they will all have one thing to say.

And time is not the only thing, one must have the passion and desire too, if season is a problem thats just an excuse, im still riding in november and i usually start mid march. 9 months is alot of time.

I like knowing everything from start to finish, and i rather ride, on somthing i know is well built and i built, then something someone fixed up to sell and get rid off it dosen't mean so should someone else, its just something that someone else with the same concerns like mine might also consider.

Thats is one of your problems you are basing your opinion off the fact you know how to work on your own bikes, you even mention inventing your own parts! Not everyone trying to get into stunting is going to know how to work on their own bike they bought non stunt ready...I have set up a ton of bikes for people that dont have a Fing clue about setting up a bike.....So if you dont have the know how yourself or a friend that can do it for free. Again I really think its better people buy an already setup stunt bike....

I mean do you have any idea how many people ask me where to buy a cage! They cant even find a cage on the internet! Let alone install it themselfs...Dont even get me started on hand brakes! When people ask me how much is a hand brake, I have to flip the question around and instead ask them "how much do you have to spend?".....As there are $100 hand brakes or $1500 hand brakes and everything in between....

Bottom line some people are just going to be better off buying somthing ready to stunt, rather then trying to learn how to build a bike and stunt one...Its just like racing man, some people start with a stock bike and turn it into a race bike, and some just buy a used race bike....Depends on the person, their budget, and their abilities to work on bikes....And you usually get a little more for your money when you go used.....Starting with a stock bike in track/racing or stunting gets really expensive....

Last edited:
If someone doesn't have the ability to work on their own bike,they might want to reconsider stunt riding as a hobby.Even with the best cage ,stunt parts etc, nothing will save you from spending hundreds if not thousands in repairs and then to have to add the cost of a shops labour....whoa ,dolla dolla bill yall

Last edited:
Thats is one of your problems you are basing your opinion off the fact you know how to work on your own bikes, you even mention inventing your own parts! Not everyone trying to get into stunting is going to know how to work on their own bike they bought non stunt ready...I have set up a ton of bikes for people that dont have a Fing clue about setting up a bike.....So if you dont have the know how yourself or a friend that can do it for free. Again I really think its better people buy an already setup stunt bike....

I mean do you have any idea how many people ask me where to buy a cage! They cant even find a cage on the internet! Let alone install it themselfs...Dont even get me started on hand brakes! When people ask me how much is a hand brake, I have to flip the question around and instead ask them "how much do you have to spend?".....As there are $100 hand brakes or $1500 hand brakes and everything in between....

Bottom line some people are just going to be better off buying somthing ready to stunt, rather then trying to learn how to build a bike and stunt one...Its just like racing man, some people start with a stock bike and turn it into a race bike, and some just buy a used race bike....Depends on the person, their budget, and their abilities to work on bikes....And you usually get a little more for your money when you go used.....Starting with a stock bike in track/racing or stunting gets really expensive....

Since you put it that way i can agree with that, again maybe at first i didn't make myself clear, my bad, i was just saying what i'd do and its w "preferable" people take the longer route that they can learn on, i know you and i once didn't know anything either, but we took the effort to learn. But i see your point, most people might just not want to, i guess thats why people like me make so much money off others.lol

If someone doesn't have the ability to work on their own bike,they might want to reconsider stunt riding as a hobby.Even with the best cage ,stunt parts etc, nothing will save you from spending hundreds if not thousands in repairs and then to have to add the cost of a shops labour....whoa ,dolla dolla bill yall

Well said! this was my basic whole point from the start.lol "my thinking is, if i can pay someone to do something for me, most likely i can do it myself better for free" lol

Back
Top Bottom