So I'm Looking for A Stunt Bike..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I'm Looking for A Stunt Bike.....

r6ripper

I've been riding street for a couple of years, but would like to get into stunting for next year. Want to keep my current gixxer for street riding, but am looking for a decent starter bike thats pretty much fully prepped for stunting. Give me a shout if you have or know anything available out there right now. Thanks, and happy end of the season riding.

I've been riding street for a couple of years, but would like to get into stunting for next year. Want to keep my current gixxer for street riding, but am looking for a decent starter bike thats pretty much fully prepped for stunting. Give me a shout if you have or know anything available out there right now. Thanks, and happy end of the season riding.

I can vouch for this bike, its well built all the quality parts you want. And its in very good mechanical condition, rarely dropped. Straight bike, pimp front end and Hohey rearsets.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?147494-2002-cbr-f4i-stunt-street-ready

Check stuntlife, if you're willing to go to the states. I find people want too much for their junk around here.

stuntride, alot of scams went down on sl, no one uses it anymore

scams eh? I will check stuntride out...

back to the topic though... there should be a classifieds in the stunt section here, for stunters.

whatever you do dont powdercoat and put good parts on your honda stunt bike cuz some people on this site are just haters to a nice looking stunt bike...ohhh but wait! how can i say that, now that they have gone and done the same style that their buddys have done... my mistake..

Don't buy stunt bikes used, you are waisting your money, those bikes unless are new & pricey, will most likely be F-up junk metal someone is looking to drop and get a grand or so out before that thing is useless.

Plus if you go that way you won't find your own style or comfort speed, or have the setup suited to you.

Best way to start is to buy an older model 600 in the 2500 to 3500 range, that has never been stunted before and is in mint shape. then take off all the fairings, so you have a naked bike, buy frame sliders at first or best crash bars side and rear, the rest like rear hand brake kits, sprokets all can be added slowly as you gain comfort and skill, you won't be needing a rear hand brake anyway till, or unless you can hold slow or fast wheelies pulling high chairs, jump 50/50's or rolling drifts in those positions and so on stuff like that.

as you get the basics of this new stunt bike of yours, you can start ordering parts online, for reasonable prices you can get kits from $400 to $900, if you can't afford to do all this and need a balls out used pos stunt bike with problems thats been grounded, you might not want to get into this sport, and you have to build your own bike, because you will need to spend hours fixing it after every session, in over 20 years i've never had to send any of my bikes to a mechanic did all the work myself, this way you know your isht, and i started as a noob too, didn't go to any mechanic school or anything i just did the hard time!

if you are just getting into it because its cool, stay away, you'll just hurt yourself. with all the things cleared if you are serious, get ready to crash ALOT, fix alot and have alot of fun! lol

Last edited:
Don't buy stunt bikes used, you are waisting your money, those bikes unless are new & pricey, will most likely be F-up junk metal someone is looking to drop and get a grand or so out before that thing is useless.

Plus if you go that way you won't find your own style or comfort speed, or have the setup suited to you.

Best way to start is to buy an older model 600 in the 2500 to 3500 range, that has never been stunted before and is in mint shape. then take off all the fairings, so you have a naked bike, buy frame sliders at first or best crash bars side and rear, the rest like rear hand brake kits, sprokets all can be added slowly as you gain comfort and skill, you won't be needing a rear hand brake anyway till, or unless you can hold slow or fast wheelies pulling high chairs, jump 50/50's or rolling drifts in those positions and so on stuff like that.

as you get the basics of this new stunt bike of yours, you can start ordering parts online, for reasonable prices you can get kits from $400 to $900, if you can't afford to do all this and need a balls out used pos stunt bike with problems thats been grounded, you might not want to get into this sport, and you have to build your own bike, because you will need to spend hours fixing it after every session, in over 20 years i've never had to send any of my bikes to a mechanic did all the work myself, this way you know your isht, and i started as a noob too, didn't go to any mechanic school or anything i just did the hard time!

if you are just getting into it because its cool, stay away, you'll just hurt yourself. with all the things cleared if you are serious, get ready to crash ALOT, fix alot and have alot of fun! lol

I cant disagree with you more! So much wrong with your suggestions I dont even know where to start....Im just going to say not everyone has $5000+ to invest in this sport...And there are a lot of stunt bikes out there for sale because the owner wants to upgrade, not because it has issues....Just like buying a regular bike, look at the bike ask questions and you can weed out the POS and still find a decent stunt bike to start on...Or you can go out and blow $5000 + if you have it I guess

Our newest team member is 17, he was given a fully setup 04 636 stunt bike that our other team mate replaced with a newer bike. When he got it the cylinder head needed to be replaced, he rebuilt the engine and in only 3 days was doint seat stander circles...If the bike was not fully setup and didnt have a hand brake guess what, he wouldnt be doing that! Having a fully setup bike helps alot during the learning process....I assure you if he started with a regular bike that he had to setup himself, he would not be progressing as fast as he is...He would be working on the bike every time he drops it.....And you wont start using a hand brake until you have one on your bike, so the sooner you have one the sooner youll start trying to use it

Last edited:
Wow! I guess welcome to fall.
Every year around this time, the know-it-alls that never stunt, come out of hiding to share their knowledge and wisdom...

Imo, even if you have $5000 to spend, you should wait until you try stunting before you go "all-in".
Alot of these POS used stuntbikes you speak of are for sale because, the owner tried stunting then found it wasn't for them.
To really get good at stunting it requires a LOT more than a well set-up bike... Some people spend $$ on a bike
only to find out they still suck, cuz they don't ride it enough!

Some things overlooked are:
Somewhere to ride.
Transportation there.
Time to ride.
Commitment to ride, even when hurt or tired or cold. (no excuses)
Somebody reliable to ride with.
A pair...

So whether you buy new or pos, if your lacking any one of the above, IMO it will be for sale soon if your smart! (Get out and get your $$)

Every year around this time, the know-it-alls that never stunt, come out of hiding to share their knowledge and wisdom...

Imo, even if you have $5000 to spend, you should wait until you try stunting before you go "all-in".
Alot of these POS used stuntbikes you speak of are for sale because, the owner tried stunting then found it wasn't for them.
To really get good at stunting it requires a LOT more than a well set-up bike... Some people spend $$ on a bike

Somewhere to ride.
Transportation there.
Time to ride.
A pair...

So whether you buy new or pos, if your lacking any one of the above, IMO it will be for sale soon if your smart! (Get out and get your $$)

Very true but not having a proper set up bike has a lot to do with people getting frustrated and giving up. I remember Cory dealing with leaking rads on the GSXR and getting discouraged, then he got the 636 and it didnt run right...Eventually even thou he was doing pretty good he gave up...Then theres the guys without 12 bars, they loop once and the bike is mangled...

There is a very basic minimum that everyone should have before they start IMO, sliders just arent going to cut it. You NEED a full stunt cage, and a bar round or flat....If you dont have that, one mistake and you could be hanging it up...

LOL how many hands has the F4i gone through? And now its back where it started...

Very true but not having a proper set up bike has a lot to do with people getting frustrated and giving up. I remember Cory dealing with leaking rads on the GSXR and getting discouraged, then he got the 636 and it didnt run right...Eventually even thou he was doing pretty good he gave up...Then theres the guys without 12 bars, they loop once and the bike is mangled...

There is a very basic minimum that everyone should have before they start IMO, sliders just arent going to cut it. You NEED a full stunt cage, and a bar round or flat....If you dont have that, one mistake and you could be hanging it up...

LOL how many hands has the F4i gone through? And now its back where it started...[/QUOTE ]

Yeah, you right about a basic minimum. Even after a $500 Tygershark cage, you still need a racing stator cover for some models...
Why would anyone need sliders for a naked stuntbike anyway? LOL!

I cant disagree with you more! So much wrong with your suggestions I dont even know where to start....Im just going to say not everyone has $5000+ to invest in this sport...And there are a lot of stunt bikes out there for sale because the owner wants to upgrade, not because it has issues....Just like buying a regular bike, look at the bike ask questions and you can weed out the POS and still find a decent stunt bike to start on...Or you can go out and blow $5000 + if you have it I guess

Our newest team member is 17, he was given a fully setup 04 636 stunt bike that our other team mate replaced with a newer bike. When he got it the cylinder head needed to be replaced, he rebuilt the engine and in only 3 days was doint seat stander circles...If the bike was not fully setup and didnt have a hand brake guess what, he wouldnt be doing that! Having a fully setup bike helps alot during the learning process....I assure you if he started with a regular bike that he had to setup himself, he would not be progressing as fast as he is...He would be working on the bike every time he drops it.....And you wont start using a hand brake until you have one on your bike, so the sooner you have one the sooner youll start trying to use it

you just contradicted yourself, you say im wrong and that someone should get a fully set up used one because they don't have the money to spend $5k, and how do you know the OP dosen't have the money or not? lol and even then your new member still had to work on the engine, what if OP dosen't want to do that? what if they prefer a newer bike?

Firstly, $5000 is a huge jump from $2500 to $3000 listed bike price that i stated, which can eventually be had for $2500-$2000. And you are basing your information on "YOUR" likes, you should read the OP's post again and think, is this person really serious or not about this, and weather its' better to advice them to start slowy or not.

I don't stunt for the sake of stunting, i do it, to improve my skills, beleive it or not, and for fun, and i go all out when i do it so my bikes do get hell, so i wouldn't sell mine for a grand or so knowing it would give the noob rider only headaches. having a fully set up bike is the goal yes, but some people you said yourself don't have $5000 to drop, so i was just suggesting to go slow, and add parts if thats the case, and yes you are right if they were to set up his own bike from start he won't progress fast, but to me its not about fast and having the perfect bike, its how much the motivation is there for the rider to keep going.

just so you know, im riding a bike i built myself from scratch! and i get asked questions left and right, random people on the street trying to figure out wtf im riding etc and trying to pull me over and check my bike out and ask more questions, even then its just my hobby.lol

Somewhere to ride.
Transportation there.
Time to ride.
A pair...

I agree with you, what you said was basically my proposition to OP. I'm not a professional stunter or anything, but im not a noob either.lol

LOL how many hands has the F4i gone through? And now its back where it started...[/QUOTE ]

Yeah, you right about a basic minimum. Even after a $500 Tygershark cage, you still need a racing stator cover for some models...
Why would anyone need sliders for a naked stuntbike anyway? LOL!

yes basic minimum is a must like i mentioned in my original post, i don't know if its your attempt to laugh at me for saying sliders or crash cage, but im a very creative person, when i started out back in highschool, i took frame sliders and went to a steel yard, got my own bars, welded them and made a brace out of my frame sliders, and it worked, i also saved alot of money, be creative, spending money on parts when you can build your own is cool, not buying the most pimp branded product, someone creative built that in their back yard once too. lol

we shouldn't be arguing at each other and trying to show who has the bigger stunt dick, rather answer OP's question, you guys prob scared him away from the sport just but getting at each other, just saying! & no two people ever take the same route! so obviously we all will have differences in advice!

I've done some research, and I agree with you guys in terms of setting up my own bike with the basics. Ordered myself a proper cage, round bar and rear handbrake setup. Will setup over the winter, and hopefully get into it next season. Slowly but surely.

Dont worry about it ETR. If you have an opinoin on this forum that doesnt match some of the members of "Canadas Top Stunt Team" your either A) a hater B) no nothing C) or not a stunter. there is only a select few on here that are aloud to have an opinion...
some people can dish out opinions but cry and get bent out of shape when someone has a differing one.
thats just how it is in here...

Back
Top Bottom