Honda CBR 125 2008/2010? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 125 2008/2010?

What's an example of "bad mod advice"?

By the way, if anyone is selling a CBR125, I am looking to buy.

EDIT: so what's the fair market price for a <5k km CBR125? This thread makes it seem like I can get one for ~1,500, but I keep seeing them listed for > $2,200 both on Kijiji and on our own forums.

Just go here (http://www.hondacbr125r.com/forum/index.php) and register, it takes a minute. There's a cloud of content, you will not find a better place anywhere else on the web in regards to this particular bike. As any forum, it has rules. So people who choose to not follow them and generally have nothing interesting to add, get kicked out and are never missed again. Sounds fair to me. Every forum belongs to someone. When you join it you are agreeing to play by their rules. It's very simple. The same thing you did when you join GTAM forum .....

Why do I feel I just described something as common as getting up every morning .... oh well.

If you can get one for 1500 hundred or less buy one. Over 1500 I would buy new.

So if all you could find was 125's listed for 1700 - 2000, you would rather pay $3k+ for a new one? Doesn't make much sense unless you have that kind of money to burn.

And MXS listed a great forum. Lots of knowledgeable threads there to search through.

So if all you could find was 125's listed for 1700 - 2000, you would rather pay $3k+ for a new one? Doesn't make much sense unless you have that kind of money to burn.

And MXS listed a great forum. Lots of knowledgeable threads there to search through.

Too bad members of that site aren't as active as members here..

Just go here (http://www.hondacbr125r.com/forum/index.php) and register, it takes a minute. There's a cloud of content, you will not find a better place anywhere else on the web in regards to this particular bike. As any forum, it has rules. So people who choose to not follow them and generally have nothing interesting to add, get kicked out and are never missed again. Sounds fair to me. Every forum belongs to someone. When you join it you are agreeing to play by their rules. It's very simple. The same thing you did when you join GTAM forum .....

Why do I feel I just described something as common as getting up every morning .... oh well.

That speaks volumes about that Forum. GTAM is a better run forum that's why members are more active.

CBR 125

What is it with all these new riders buying 250's and 125's? might as well ride bicycles instead, no gas needed on a bicycle, no insurance needed, much cheaper and yet you get the same feel and "performance". Whoever put in your head that you need to start riding on these bikes first is completely clueless.

Last edited:
CBR 125

What is it with all these new riders buying 250's and 125's? might as well ride bicycles instead, no gas needed on a bicycle, no insurance needed, much cheaper and yet you get the same feel and "performance". Whoever put in your head that you need to start riding on these bikes first is completely clueless.

Economics, pure and simple: Lower insurance and fuel costs.

I got my friend a 125 as her first bike and when i tried it I wondered if i made a mistake. The 125 seemed very difficult to ride for a new rider because it is rough and requires a lot of work with the constant shifting. I don't doubt that a rider will learn really well having to do that much work with less associated risk due to lower speeds and torque, but I almost feel a 250 would be easier for her. Give her time to focus on the external environment around her.

More like, you own the bike for a year then move on.

Applies certainly to most of the young riders who just lust for something bigger .... there's quite a few older members who ride the small bike because it's just different kind of riding. I am not hoping that this is what most people who replied to this thread would ever understand, especially on GTAM.

Can you believe the idiots who bring this bike to the Deals Gap while leaving their more powerful bikes home in the garage ..... ??

Just imagine how many riders ride CBR125 vs. the rest of the bikes. The members are active to the point that you always get an answer. Yes, it might take a day, but it's usually from someone who has the same bike. If you delete all the bs replies you get here at times, there's not much substance left most of the time. Quality vs. quantity, simple.

Applies certainly to most of the young riders who just lust for something bigger .... there's quite a few older members who ride the small bike because it's just different kind of riding. I am not hoping that this is what most people who replied to this thread would ever understand, especially on GTAM.

There are some scooter advocates on GTAM and there also appears to be alot of ninja 250 riders on GTAM. I am an older rider and I would like something bigger, economics is why I am on a small cc bike. It has nothing to do with the ride. The cbr is gutless. The forum you promote concurs to this sentiment as it goes to great lengths on certain mods. Some of those mods resulted in worse performance, reliability and fuel economy. Not everyone is interested in questionable mods and the narrow unchallenged opinions that goes along with them. Any dissenting opinions are usually edited out.

Last edited:
trust me get a 250, or 500 or u have a lil more money. but 250 is perfect for the street and hwy even 2up. i have had mine for 7 years now and i dont want anything else for the street. its also crazy fun for track days. its not very fast for the track but its perfect for the street

Back
Top Bottom