Honda CBR 125 2008/2010? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 125 2008/2010?

Mt252368

Hello, I am buying my first motorcycle and am looking into the cbr 125. I have found 2 used bikes for sale, a white 2008 with 10 kms on it, comes with a cover for the winter. And a red 2010 with 11100 kms on it.

I am wonder which one is better to buy. The 2010 is being sold for $500 cheaper! But would it be better to get a bike that was barely used and basically new?

Thanks in advanced!

Matt

Go for the less km's on a 125. God only knows what the owners have put those little guys through!

Bikes go through a lot less year-to-year changes, and the 08-10 are basically the same model type. Like C-Note says, who knows what abuse the 11100km one has been through, since these 125s are beginner bikes.

Go with the lower mileage one, though it seems kinda suspicious that there's only 10km on it.

Okay, the reason he says for only 10 km is that he has a bad back and could just never ride it so he has to sell. I'm hoping that he's legit. So the 2008 for sure?
The 2010 is for $1000 and the 2008 is for $1500.

Last edited:
Are there differences in the models of the 2008's compared to the 2010's? Looks, performance, anything?

No, not really, maybe different paint options. I have a 2009 CBR125, they're great bikes. Yes, people do put them through hell; they're really easy to push to their limits. They top out around 120kph, depending on your weight. I've gone 135kph, downhill with the wind at my back. First and sixth gear are almost useless, first gear tops out at 25 - 30 kph, and sixth is the difference of about 10 kph (Unless you're going downhill with the wind at your back).

If you're really nervous about riding a motorcycle and have never ridden one in your life, get the 125. If not I wish I bought the 250 two years ago when I was buying.

I really want to sell mine soon, but I need to wait until my brother moves out until I can get my car back. My cibber 125 only has ~5600kms, but it has been dropped twice, and shows for it.

Okay, the reason he says for only 10 km is that he has a bad back and could just never ride it so he has to sell. I'm hoping that he's legit. So the 2008 for sure?
The 2010 is for $1000 and the 2008 is for $1500.

A 2010 for $1000 is a very good deal... too good?

There is no 2010 model CBR125. They were brought in from 2007 to 2009, Honda sold left-overs through 2010, and the 2011 is a new model.

FWIW my 2007 model just passed 37,000 km at the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning.

Perfomance? It's a 125.

What's your point? Not all riders are out to "rideitlikeyoustoleit".

OP. The 125 is a great bike; depends what kind of rider you want to be, and what kind of riding you want to do. Enjoy your motorcycle and ride safe.

Last edited:
I have the 08, and it's a great bike. And I'm not a beginner.

I own an 08 cbr125 and and absolutely love my bike! The cbr125 was a great purchase. As for you, I would find a cbr125 with the lowest amount of km. Anything over 5000 km forget it unless you get a price to reflect it. I would be really hesitant of any cbr125 up for sale as the owner could have been drawn in by the dark forum catering to the cbr125. Alot of questionable modding advice going on there. It's also very easy to disconnect the speedometer/odometer cable, how can you really trust the km? Any bike you look at check the chain and tires for wear. That will tell you something about the bike and whether the km make sense. I plan on riding my cbr125 until it's fubar'ed. If you have the money buy a new one, 2012 or a 2011 in the spring at a discount from honda. That way you know what you are getting. If you are not intending to hang onto this bike for 2 or 3 seasons jump to the bike you really want now!

There is no 2010 model CBR125. They were brought in from 2007 to 2009, Honda sold left-overs through 2010, and the 2011 is a new model.

FWIW my 2007 model just passed 37,000 km at the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning.

is the 125 your daily commuter?

Great bikes and they are all the same. I do the maintenance/crash repair on the Racer5 fleet. They have a dozen and range between 200-16000km when converted to the track. All bikes are tracked/raced/schooled very regular and crashed ALOT. They are awesome little bikes and very durable. We have had only one engine failure and that was due to overheating due to loss of coolant. They are the energizer bunny of motorcycles.
Parts are ridiculous cheap as Honda subsidizes them. But the bike based on mileage/cost/condition it doesn't matter a bit on year and your resale wont change.

A 2010 for $1000 is a very good deal... too good?

$1000 for a cbr 125 is a good deal in general. Like you said, it may be a little bit too good to be true. People usually sell their CBR 125s for under $1500 when something happens to the bike. Ex. drops/falls.

$1500 is a fair price for the 2008 at this time of the year. 10km is basically brand new so thats a great deal on the bike.

They are great beginner bikes and a lot of fun to ride.

Join the 125 forum and read about the mods for yourself, I have some of the mods done on my 125 with 25k km on it now and no issues related to the mods.

Having said that, they are not great highway performers although they can generally do ok.

For a better idea of what they can/can't do read the 125 forum and make a decision from there.

Join that cbr125 forum be prepared to bullied into thinking their way or the hiway for you. Alot of bad mod advice, read with caution.

Join that cbr125 forum be prepared to bullied into thinking their way or the hiway for you. Alot of bad mod advice, read with caution.

What's an example of "bad mod advice"?

By the way, if anyone is selling a CBR125, I am looking to buy.

EDIT: so what's the fair market price for a <5k km CBR125? This thread makes it seem like I can get one for ~1,500, but I keep seeing them listed for > $2,200 both on Kijiji and on our own forums.

Last edited:
What's an example of "bad mod advice"?

By the way, if anyone is selling a CBR125, I am looking to buy.

EDIT: so what's the fair market price for a <5k km CBR125? This thread makes it seem like I can get one for ~1,500, but I keep seeing them listed for > $2,200 both on Kijiji and on our own forums.

As for mods, I don't want to say you will have to go to that forum and read through it. Ironically, the moderator on that forum is now a moderator on this forum. It's best I say nothing about the snafu. If you can get one for 1500 hundred or less buy one. Over 1500 I would buy new.

Back
Top Bottom