Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

doozerdave

Site Supporter
To cut down on the weekly ride thread pollution let's use this thread to coordinate trackdays.

On the table right now for discussion, Sept 8 TMP, Sept 12/19/22 SMP, Oct 1 SMP.

I thought racer5 was doing GBM on the 8th now that it's open, not so?

Last edited:
As stated a few weeks ago, I'm available on the 8th to be the unofficial photographer. I can meet you guys somewhere in Kitchener and follow you down or I can just meet you at the track.

That would be awesome, thanks!

I don't think I'll be able to do the 8th... it's too short of notice on an already short week next week...

First thing- I love this thread! Let's get c.u.next.trackday stickers - (I know a guy). Right- I propose a trip to Shannonville on Sept 12th... Anyone interested?

I thought you might like that ;) Don't for the riders part, as in "c u next trackday riders". LOL Speaking of decal guy, can you shoot me his contact info please? Gotta get my SMV decal!

Yeah, I think the 12th is the best option for me too. I want to break the 2:00 mark on the long track on my SV.

I thought you might like that ;) Don't for the riders part, as in "c u next trackday riders". LOL Speaking of decal guy, can you shoot me his contact info please? Gotta get my SMV decal!

I work in the printing industry too --- don't be surprised to find a 1-off is really kind of pricey. Might be cheaper if he has a vinyl cutter and can do custom stuff.
What exactly do you want on the SMV? Just the triangle or text to go with it?

As stated a few weeks ago, I'm available on the 8th to be the unofficial photographer. I can meet you guys somewhere in Kitchener and follow you down or I can just meet you at the track.

Hey Kat... you see the shots I took at GB last week? What do you think of 'em if you did?
Check 'em out at: http://s1101.photobucket.com/home/txkDesign/index
Holy crap.. just checked the file views -- 15,698 file views with 248 page visits!

What kind of gear are you using? Took those shots with a Canon T1i and a Canon 200mm prime f2.8 lens. Took a few with my Sigma 180-200mm, but the lens was just too slow (f3.5-5.8 IIRC).

I work in the printing industry too --- don't be surprised to find a 1-off is really kind of pricey. Might be cheaper if he has a vinyl cutter and can do custom stuff.
What exactly do you want on the SMV? Just the triangle or text to go with it?

Yeah, Dean got two sheets of numbers for his bike for like $20. I just want the orange/red triangle for my SV (still need to measure but I think it's about 10" base x 10" height) and I also want to get a few decals for the 929.

Hmmm.. would be amusing to have a little KW crowd sticker on everyone's track bike (on a side note - had some unexpected expenses pop up, and won't be able to get a bike until spring or mid winter at the earliest)..
Royal in Guelph has a decent selection of stickers - I'd be partial to the one that's a hand, pinky and pointer extended (like the "rock on" gesture minus the thumb sticking out), done like the Canadian flag. Or maybe all get the Slow Moving Vehicle sign (ala Dave, who's would be largest) with our initials on it or something like that.

Hey Kat... you see the shots I took at GB last week? What do you think of 'em if you did?
Check 'em out at: http://s1101.photobucket.com/home/txkDesign/index
Holy crap.. just checked the file views -- 15,698 file views with 248 page visits!

What kind of gear are you using? Took those shots with a Canon T1i and a Canon 200mm prime f2.8 lens. Took a few with my Sigma 180-200mm, but the lens was just too slow (f3.5-5.8 IIRC).

Ya, I saw the pictures....they were pretty good!

I don't really know what mm I'm using or f'ing lens or anything like that....I just point and click!
I've got a Nikon D70 with a couple of different lens, one for every day use and one big one for zooming in on ****.
I've got a couple of other things, but I just play around with photography.....nothing serious, but it's something I enjoy.

Hmmm.. would be amusing to have a little KW crowd sticker on everyone's track bike (on a side note - had some unexpected expenses pop up, and won't be able to get a bike until spring or mid winter at the earliest).. Royal in Guelph has a decent selection of stickers - I'd be partial to the one that's a hand, pinky and pointer extended (like the "rock on" gesture minus the thumb sticking out), done like the Canadian flag. Or maybe all get the Slow Moving Vehicle sign (ala Dave, who's would be largest) with our initials on it or something like that.
Hey- do you mean the 'shocker' sticker... (Always gets a reaction).

Last edited:
what about doing track days on weekends? If i take a day off work durring the week I don't get paid, so a $100 track day turns into a $400 track day :(

Give me another week and a bit and my hand should be good to go!

Weekend trackdays at TMP are bad, really bad, and dangerous. Too many yahoos trying to impress their chicks. Weekends at Shannonville are okay, but they're rare.

Are you able to take single vacation days?

Are you able to take single vacation days?

I have one more week booked off for when I move, than nothing until 2012. Might just take off 4 instead of 5 days so I can finally use my new bike! lol

Back
Top Bottom