Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 202 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

There's more on top of the tail section, so I figure I'm good for at least +15hp! Still nowhere near the power of your CBR or BigEvilDoer's lawnmower, but it's a start!
He just picked up some new amsoil for it, so should make a solid 65 horse now. If he asks to borrow some stickers, say no. I think it's already at max power.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The last R6 had bad carbs so it stuttered at low revs when trying to accelerate, the clutch slipped after anything more aggressive than a granny-shift and the suspension was set up for someone 100lbs lighter than me!!
See? I've got all kinds of excuses lined up for last season! This coming season? Well, I don't have any yet....lol!

What are these "low revs" of which you speak? You're on a 600! :p

The bike looks great. One thing to be aware of; Pro6 (and others) require numbers on the sides and front for identification in case of an incident. You'll need a plan for numbers when you come up to Calabogie.

he just picked up some new amsoil for it, so should make a solid 65 horse now. If he asks to borrow some stickers, say no. I think it's already at max power.

Sent from my nexus 5x using tapatalk

lol...

What are these "low revs" of which you speak? You're on a 600!

The bike looks great. One thing to be aware of; Pro6 (and others) require numbers on the sides and front for identification in case of an incident. You'll need a plan for numbers when you come up to Calabogie.
By low, I mean the corner before the back straight at both Shannonville and GBM, trying to accelerate after that was brutal!
Good to know about the numbers. Do I just pick random numbers or do they assign them?

I've only done 2 ****ing track days!! It's just a matter of time before I leave the John Deere in the dust!!

Hmmm.. Considering you were mentioned you want a v-twin, I'm assuming you can only be jealous of my amazing tractor power! As for dust, well, we'll just leave you sucking on it for a couple more seasons... ;-)

By low, I mean the corner before the back straight at both Shannonville and GBM, trying to accelerate after that was brutal!
Good to know about the numbers. Do I just pick random numbers or do they assign them?

email Sheena and ask which numbers are available, they usually require either front and back, or front and both sides

Last edited:
You will need to adjust your gearing so your revs are good in 2nd gear for those slow corners.

Don't do that. Create a profile on pro6cycle.com and choose your number from the drop down of available numbers.
I'll do this instead. I hate it when people bug me at work with something they could have done easily online....
You will need to adjust your gearing so your revs are good in 2nd gear for those slow corners.
New bike this year so I'll try it first before playing with the gearing. I will be getting the suspension dialed in for me though. I've heard there's a lot to gain from having properly set up suspension.

I'll do this instead. I hate it when people bug me at work with something they could have done easily online....New bike this year so I'll try it first before playing with the gearing. I will be getting the suspension dialed in for me though. I've heard there's a lot to gain from having properly set up suspension.
Yeah, when the online system came to be a bunch of years ago Sheena sent out an email telling everyone to make an account and choose your number.

Suspension is the most important thing on any bike. I've been tweaking mine for years. This winter I put in softer fork springs since the preload was at zero and was still slightly not enough sag. I'm hoping I can tune out the chatter I was getting at Calabogie turn 6.

I took advantage of the warm(er) weather this weekend and put the R6 back together. Before pics are top, after pics are bottom.
2558f998db54c491b15d5ecae1f89338.jpg
598926b218d2221017272426e274253f.jpg
Looks great! I love the blue.

I should know by the end on May. Hopefully there will still be room of I can make it - I've heard it fills up fast.....Thanks!
June might be getting full by the end of May but August should still be okay.

Back
Top Bottom