Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 216 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Bad news. Due to work, it looks like I'm out for tomorrow.
I am still planning on SMP for next Monday but the way things are going, that's about 50/50 right now.
Have fun, and for **** sake, stay outta the weeds!!

Personally, I'd rather do Long Track at SMP than Modified layout at GB.
Would make for a much better day.
Sure, waking up that much earlier isn't much fun, but it's so worth it.

What do you dislike about modified? I haven't tried it yet however it skips the S-bends which I really liked

That factored into the decision too.
Ah boo, we needed another R6 out there! Did you know that the 19th is the most popular day for people to get sick ;)
It'd be really good to see you out there if you could make it!
Calling in sick doesn't work the same when you own the place...

Bike is prepped and ready to go :D
xae5Szc.jpg

I'll be out there. SMP really depends on tire life, I was hot tearing the poo out of the KR451 med. I made a few suspension changes that will hopefully help. We'll try it at GBM tomorrow and go from there. I have half a 449 still, but after that I'm out of tires and need to pick up some more.

SMP really depends on tire life, I was hot tearing the poo out of the KR451 med...
I have half a 449 still, but after that I'm out of tires and need to pick up some more.

Another reason I am choose smp. I was tearing my medium tire on modified last time. Maybe cause it was only 15c.. Know my tires wear well at smp.

I am sure James can grab you more tires as necessary... Could arrange deliver via his dad... He's back and forth a few times a week.

ordered a pair of SC2 rears, we'll see how they hold up or if the R1 kills them too. May need to take a trip to fast company

Looks like it'll be modified!

On a side note, what kind of maintainence schedule do you guys follow for your track bikes? Coolant and oil change every 6 track days? What else?
I do oil every 3 days, oil filter ever other oil change. Brake fluid, fork oil and water at the start of every season. Shock service tends to be neglected because I can't do it myself. Shock linkage and swingarm pivots also gets neglected, but should be greased each season too.

Wow, what a day. Weather was almost perfect, it would have been great if the late afternoon was a little warmer but at least we weren't sweating bullets in the pits. Layout wasn't my favorite but at I got a tonne of practice on right turns. GBM staff was great as always, announcements were clear and they explained the track rules well.
The R6 ran well today, front end keeps wanting to come up now that there isn't any headlight weight to keep it down. I tried to focus on using brake markers a little more this session and found my laps to be more consistent. I also played around quite extensively with dancing the rear of the bike while under heavy braking, it was good fun. Also came pretty damn close to highsiding when I got a little greedy coming out of a turn after passing someone. Threw me up a little but luckily I landed back on my seat.

Can't wait for the next one; in the meantime, I got to change back to my street fairings. :D

eh97bMA.jpg

Sebi.
You really need to start zipping your 2 pieces together or get off the track (look at 2:48.)

Buddy on green zx10 needs to lose the "Sparker" knee sliders (super obvious at 1:26). They're not allowed by any track organizer - small fuel leak or fuel on track could easily be lit on fire by the sparks.

Please start following track rules - they're there for a reason.

Last edited:
Sebi.
You really need to start zipping your 2 pieces together or get off the track (look at 2:48.)

Yea, that was the intention but when I tried to put it on, the zipper jammed and came off its track :( I tried it on at home the night before and it worked fine. I gave it to a family friend and they're going to fix it so they'll be able to zip for the next one.

There was some pretty sketchy riding in that video.
Pulling up beside someone on the outside right before a corner? Squeezing between a rider and the edge of the track on the back straight when the entire right side was empty?
I thought this kind of riding was reserved for TMP....
a095c52022f95d6368819d417c3efd75.jpg
5cea22585b3a6ad0f4cb58a432e608eb.jpg

There was some pretty sketchy riding in that video.
Pulling up beside someone on the outside right before a corner? Squeezing between a rider and the edge of the track on the back straight when the entire right side was empty?
I thought this kind of riding was reserved for TMP....

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't bother to reply. My exact thought in my head was "Great, GBM is the new TMP".

Sebi, what group are you riding in?

I was riding in yellow all day, I understand that passing in a corner is allowed in that group as long as you're not stuffing anyone or being overly aggressive. The proximity in the first picture I don't consider unsafe at all. The absolute only way a collision could have resulted is if the rider next to me decided to pit in (though we had already passed the pit in place anyway). If I was too hot/slid out, it wouldn't affect the other rider (that's why I stick to outside passes). The camera field of view also dramatizes and distorts distance slightly; here's a picture showing the distance a second after your screenshot
1xQf7Sn.png

As for the second picture, I knew Drew was on the right of me and slightly behind so I was expecting him to come up on there. I believe there was another rider between Drew and the guy I passed. My corner exit on the runway entrance was really wide and I stuck with it since I didn't want to make drastic changes to my line. To move over to the right would have required a big lane position change and with what I knew was behind me, would have been unexpected. This was also in the first half of the runway so I had no reason to believe the guy on the gray bike would make any changes to his position.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom