Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 149 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Clip-on, as in the handlebar? Is it above or below the top triple clamp? If below, you will need a yoke stand or some way to support the front of the bike without using the fork bottoms. Do you have what you need?

I'm replacing the clip-on thats already on the bike. They're under the triple tree. Just need to find out how to take everything off. Very new at this as you've already guessed.lol. Found out what a triple tree was two weeks ago. lol.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Nothing wrong with that, we all started somewhere. Having a copy of the service manual (paper copy) is very useful, especially the first time you do something. After that you'll be much quicker at it. As Dave said, if you take a bike to the track you are afraid of crashing, ironically you will focus on not crashing vs. riding which increases the probability of a crash. Not saying you will, but your brain is at 100% capacity when your on the track managing all of the inputs, its one less thing you'll worry about.

When I first brought my 1000RR to the track it was shiny and new, but the goal was never to keep it that way. Mistakes are part of the learning process. Never bring something to the track you aren't willing to bring home in a box. Everyone says they will be careful, but incidents aren't always your fault. I don't mean to scare you, the probability the bike will come home unscratched is still pretty good, but there are no promises.

I'm replacing the clip-on thats already on the bike. They're under the triple tree. Just need to find out how to take everything off. Very new at this as you've already guessed.lol. Found out what a triple tree was two weeks ago. lol.

Where are you? Your location says Ajax.

I agree with you totally, thats why I have two 1000rr, one for the road and one for the track. Just found the pages I need in the service manual. thanks for the info. just need to read it a couple time and then do it. Hopefully I'll have the bike ready in 8 days. Also need to change the front brake reservoir then bleed the brakes and after that the only thing left is to change out the coolant.

If you have any specific questions, let me know, GSXR Girl has one as well. Anyone on here will be able to answer most of your questions though.

Couple suggestions. 1.) When you bleed the brakes, after you are finished pull in the brake lever as far as it will go, put a zip tie around it. Let it sit overnight. The added pressure will help push up the micro-scopic air bubbles for a firmer lever feel. 2.) When you do the coolant, if its an 08+ bike, to get the coolant out of the resevior unhook the reseviour line from the filler cap, put it in a bucket, then use compressed air and a shop towel in the filler hole. The air pressure will push the the coolant out. It is very difficult to get the coolant out of the reservoir without taking the bike apart otherwise.

Got final confirmation from the bosses today... have Wednesday, May 27th booked off... So Shannonville Long Track here I come! woohoo!

and you feel a some trackitus coming on for May.11.. gotcha.

Yes, Tim you'd better warm yourself up for Long track with a day on Fabi. :)

Good thinking Dave. Safety first.

Good thinking Dave. Safety first.

Safety, sure.. job security is trump though. I asked for the 2 days off, they refused, allowing me 1. If I suddenly don't show on the first day I asked.. well...

On the bright side of things though, I have been encouraged to apply at another company which is looking for an experienced graphic designer... so, that resumé is being dropped off Friday.

Not enough headroom in the back... :p

We need to work on coordinating our track days before we think about driving all together. LOL

I think the person in the group who pays off their mortgage first should buy one of these for the group to use.
images

I think the person in the group who pays off their mortgage first should buy one of these for the group to use.
images

Wait a minute... didn't you pay off your mortgage first?
If up to me, I'd buy the military transport.. come on... able to run over any Hummer H2 or anyone who "accidentally" stuffs you in a corner and causes massive bodily/bike damage.. That has to be appealing on some sort of level!

Besides... that truck runs on just about anything vaguely combustible. Gas. Diesel. Kerosene. Jet Fuel. Used deep fryer oil.
Has backup systems beyond the wazoo too. If we get nuked and the EMP knocks it out, flip a few levers, engage the backups and away you go!

Last edited:
So anyone else thinking about TMP on Saturday, May 16? It's the long weekend FYI...

Basically opening weekend at TMP on a long weekend? Bring your epic fail camera... haha

Despite Dave's objection to forecast discussions, reality is monday isn't looking great for SMP so far. They've been all over the map, so its tough to make a call. I'll wait until tomorrow, but if it doesn't improve, leaning towards a SOAR practice day. Would prefer to do fabi though, its a fun track.

Back
Top Bottom