Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 191 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Stick it out for another season and learn the bike first, then see if something comes along that you like. Your money.

Well, did the end of season maintenance on the track bike and generator today...
Oil change, coolant change (bike), fuel stabilizer.

Discovered why I have having a couple of backfires on the last track day - the exhaust can is splitting open. Sigh. Rats. Curses.
So, I'll likely end up swapping the stock can back onto the street bike in the spring, and the Jester on to the track bike. Don't really feel like spending another $1200 on a new exhaust. There's a used one on Kijiji for almost a year now, but the guy won't budge off his price of $750.

Since the show is going to be stupid expensive for me already, have to save some money where I can... *sigh*

Stick it out for another season and learn the bike first, then see if something comes along that you like. Your money.

Oh, I'll stick it out. I'll either replace it at the end of next season or if/when it gets crashed and needs too much $$ in repairs, whichever comes first.

Well, did the end of season maintenance on the track bike and generator today...
Oil change, coolant change (bike), fuel stabilizer.

Discovered why I have having a couple of backfires on the last track day - the exhaust can is splitting open. Sigh. Rats. Curses.
So, I'll likely end up swapping the stock can back onto the street bike in the spring, and the Jester on to the track bike. Don't really feel like spending another $1200 on a new exhaust. There's a used one on Kijiji for almost a year now, but the guy won't budge off his price of $750.

Since the show is going to be stupid expensive for me already, have to save some money where I can... *sigh*

Yikes, sorry buddy.
Ya, I started mentally adding up my to-buy list for this winter and cringed a little.... I think I'm going to need a side gig to help pay for my new addiction!

Yikes, sorry buddy.
Ya, I started mentally adding up my to-buy list for this winter and cringed a little.... I think I'm going to need a side gig to help pay for my new addiction!

That's one of the reasons why I referee and this year, started teaching with Learning Curves. It's all my fun money for the whole year.

Thinking it over, and I think I may just put the stock exhaust on the track bike. Sure, it's a heavy pig, but considering how often I run it... and I love the sound of the Jester on the street... would be hard to give up that rumble on a daily basis. Just looked it up. Jester would be $1025 after shipping, Dominator $800. Taxes extra on both. Eeps.

As for winter show expenses, I'm easily at $1500 without batting an eye. :-(

Last edited:
I've got a couple of coupons from GP Bikes. Save $30 off any order of $250 or more.
Read the small print so you know what it's not good for.
If you want one or both, they're yours. All you need is the code from the front for online or phone orders. If you plan on going to the store, I'm sure I can arrange to get it to you.
ca36d6f7485ba6a199f74682260f11d8.jpg

possibly, might need a suit this year depending what they have. Going to the show this year in Jan?

I don't know of they do full suits or not..... I'll set one aside for you in case you need it.
Yep, going to the show with s buddy and his girlfriend. I promised them that we'd sign up for a Racer5 course.
I'll keep you guys posted about what date we're going. Maybe we could all meet up and go out for lunch/dinner afterwards.

we always go on the friday, less crowds, and the best selection of tires. Its kinda the same **** every year, but at least its all under one roof

Good to know. I've already committed to going with my buddy, but maybe I can convince him to come on the Friday too.

Well got the stock exhaust back on.. sigh.. sounds like a lawnmower now - so, maybe it's better that way... more my speed.
Now I have to re-flash the ECU. Jacqueline's bringing her box fan on the weekend - process requires the flash, then running for 10 minutes without touching the throttle. Since it doesn't have the stock fans anymore, it needs an auxiliary fan.

On a different note, had a woman totally road rage out on me today. Wish I had my helmet cam - would have sent it to the po-po. Roadway merged from 2 to 1 lane. She had left about 3 car lengths, so I zipped in there. At the stop light about 75 meters up the road she came up to within a couple inches of my rear tire. I looked back with a "WTF?" motion and she was flipping out. Light turned green in heavy traffic, so I trundled away. At the next light, about 300 meters up the road, I was in proper blocking position. She pulled up half way beside me, front bumper about 6 inches off my right knee. I ignored her. Looked in my mirrors, and the transport truck driver behind her was clearly shaking his head. She tailgated me for the next 10km. I left enough space in front of me for a quick getaway maneuver if necessary. Kept a close eye on her in the mirrors. I would have pulled over to let her pass, but traffic was moving slowly for the most part.

Sigh.

Jesus Christ buddy!!
She's lucky it was you - some other bikers wouldn't have kept their cool....
Glad to hear the John Deere will be up and running soon.

Jesus Christ buddy!!
She's lucky it was you - some other bikers wouldn't have kept their cool....
Glad to hear the John Deere will be up and running soon.
Bahahahahaha, it does take the same 20w50

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It doesn't run in the winter... You could use either :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Paul Spriet (GBM) is asking about interest in a trackday on Tuesday, Oct.3. Check the track fanatics canada facebook group and let him know if you are interested

Back
Top Bottom