Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 171 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Got the new exhaust installed today - needed some alternations made (with a ball peen hammer) in order to make it fit... they didn't give enough vertical clearance when welding on the new can, so I had to hammer a few select sections down a bit. Still have to figure out the best possible method of secondary suspension, as it's hanging from the headers now - OK for the moment, but not for any sort of riding. Fired it up, it's still really loud, but nowhere near what it was at the track last summer. with a secondary baffle installed, I'm hoping it may pass the Calabogie noise limits.

Going to figure out the secondary straps this later this week (have a good idea of how I want to do it right now). Then, need to finish sanding down the bodywork any apply some paint. Put on new rubber once it warms up, and Hela will be ready to rock!

Tim and I picked up the 3 day, but no firm dates yet, likely the first one they have, there is also SMP early may (2nd and 12th I think, don't quote me), also mosport on the 26th.

I have the 3 day deal from Grand Bend.

My current plans look something like the following, at least for the items I have paid for. Though GB dates subject to change due to weather. Hope to find another day in July (might wander to Shannonville since have not in years).

Pro6 TRAC School CalabogieSaturday, May 20, 2017
CalabogieSunday, May 21, 2017
Grand BendTuesday, June 13, 2017
Calabogie Monday, June 26, 2017
Grand BendTuesday, July 11, 2017
Pro6 MosportMonday, August 14, 2017
Grand BendTuesday, August 29, 2017

Jeff

no love for SMP? They have some reasonably priced days

Its more a function of....
GB has the special pricing so got it as though it's far to come at $100 a day its good $/lap to get seat time. Doing the TRAC school with pro6 so that's where the 3 Calabogie days come from. Mosport is the closest track to my house and would like to see what the big track is like on a real bike so added it in. Then next thing I realized was I am out of my pre-season saved budget with all that plus some tires. And SMP prices don't change pre-season to in-season as long as you sign up a week in advance or something like that.

Before last year and the sessions at GB, SMP would have been where I had the most laps out of all tracks. Still probably the case though all those SMP laps are 12+ years old.

I did Mosport RDT last year with Racer5 for a day and might throw that in again if budget permits as the closeness is nice. Last year I decided the last minute to go, last minute as in woke up just before 7:00am and said WTF, see if they have a spot, packed up, made breakfast to eat on the drive and still made it to the track, signed up, unloaded, tech checked and was 15min early for riders meeting.

I have someone who does RACE series (guy I bought the ZX-6R from) who keeps asking me to come to Shannonville for a Thurs session while he is there but didn't make it last year. Its not that I don't want to go to SMP, if GB didn't have the cheap tues again I would have been going to Shannonville a lot more this year.

Jeff

Actually they ran a pre-season deal this year. To be fair, for the day with lunch and tax included, even the list price SMP run days are pretty solid value. Either way, sounds like you have a pretty good season planned. C ya out there.

Got some new rubber installed on the rims last night... Brings the season that much closer!
First days I'm thinking of:
SMP - Friday, May 19
GB - Tuesday, May 30
SMP - Monday, June 5

Would like to do 2 of those for sure.

May.12 is also an option for me. If the weather doesn't pan out, 2 of those dates look good. Mosport on the 26th is a maybe

May.12 is also an option for me. If the weather doesn't pan out, 2 of those dates look good. Mosport on the 26th is a maybe

Depending on weather, it's a possibility.

No love for TMP around here? the washroom situation sucks but the short (er) drive makes up for it (for me anyways)

I got a busy May planned

6th-7th - GBM

20th - 21st - Bogie

26th - 28th - GBM

Hope to see some of you guys there!

havn't really planned out the rest of the season tho

Gonna prep the bike and trailer this weekend, getting excited!!!

$180 is very high for what the track is. Considering it was $100/day not a couple years ago. Maybe $120 all in on a weekend is what it should be. Late tech, not enough tech, ambulances an hour late, clean, empty track from poor main marshal management (not an issue with GWB, only when TMP runs it). Given the price and poor management, I don't go there much anymore.

I think its $160 if you buy a week ahead, I bought a package for 3 days for $360 (I think) over the winter, so i'll be there at least 3 times this year

No love for TMP around here? the washroom situation sucks but the short (er) drive makes up for it (for me anyways)

Short drive, sure... bathrooms suck, more expensive per day than GB or SMP.. eats tires at a horrifying rate... usually runs late if the TMP staff has anything to do with it.
If it's end of season, and it's the only place with a track day running, my tires have 1 day left on them before going in the trash and I'm jones'ing for a fix like a meth addict, I'd consider it.. that's about it.

no love.....got it! lol

The problem is you're talking to guys like me who went there way back in 2003. Things have changed a lot there, for the worse. All of those who commented here are also from the KW area, so GBM is a way better drive. The staff at GBM actually really care what the riders want, listen to our feedback and act on it, which cannot be said of TMP as far as I can tell...

The problem is you're talking to guys like me who went there way back in 2003. Things have changed a lot there, for the worse. All of those who commented here are also from the KW area, so GBM is a way better drive. The staff at GBM actually really care what the riders want, listen to our feedback and act on it, which cannot be said of TMP as far as I can tell...

I hear ya, if GBM is close or even closer than TMP its definitely the better choice, but downtown Toronto to TMP is 1-1.5hrs, to GBM its 2.5-3hrs, shannonville is 2 - 2.5hrs, so if I get to save 2-3hrs on a round trip its worth the extra few bucks, especially if Im just going for 1 day

Back
Top Bottom