Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 205 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

My setup is the bent linkage style you speak of.

Also I did dig through the sprockets I have and the largest rear is a 49 so that'll be the set up -1/+1

currently has 15/47 which is -1/-1. Not sure what that set up would do. Be stock but spin a little quicker for acceleration I suppose?
Depending on the level of the racer, very small RPM changes in key corners can make a big difference. Also, the angle of the chain affects the way the suspension works. Squat under acceleration among other things that are beyond me...

Installed new brake lines on the ZX6R today. Galfer GP lines. The old ones had some damage from being crushed in the steering stop from a crash.

Probably no big difference. The GP set is a Y line instead of two individual lines so slightly less line to flex, which I will not feel... :p

My R6 has 15/49. I haven't ridden it yet, but apparently that gearing works great for Shannonville and GBM. However, it would be useless on the bigger tracks...

15/49 is perfect for that bike for SMP etc

You don't have a lot of space in the swing arm so unless you want to be changing chains between tracks you will want to stick to 15/49 and a 16/48.

I don't mean to take this off topic, but I figured this thread would yield the best results. In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be replacing the tires on my 848. I just noticed that the retainer clip for the rear axle nut is safety wired, and was wondering if anyone here would be able to safety wire it again after I replace my tires. I figured I'd try here before I go ahead and order a kit to do it myself. Thanks in advance.

62211d1343875263-near-miss-lost-sprocket-side-rear-wheel-nut-mid-corner-wheelside3.jpg

15/49 is perfect for that bike for SMP etc

You don't have a lot of space in the swing arm so unless you want to be changing chains between tracks you will want to stick to 15/49 and a 16/48.
Thanks for the tip. Didn't think about the chain length for different sprocket setups....
I don't mean to take this off topic, but I figured this thread would yield the best results. In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be replacing the tires on my 848. I just noticed that the retainer clip for the rear axle nut is safety wired, and was wondering if anyone here would be able to safety wire it again after I replace my tires. I figured I'd try here before I go ahead and order a kit to do it myself. Thanks in advance.

62211d1343875263-near-miss-lost-sprocket-side-rear-wheel-nut-mid-corner-wheelside3.jpg
Where are you? I've got safety wire and the spin pliers....

Thanks Katatonic. I’m in Kitchener. I’ll keep you in mind.

Switched my gearing last night -1/+1 and set the chain tension with some extra slack for the track. Bleed the brakes with fresh fluid the other day as well.

Everything on the R6 is ready other than to flush the coolant and put in the water wetter, should be able to do this soon looking at the forecast.

After that I need to trailer it to my local speed shop and have them set the suspension for me and I may hit a parking lot to scrub in the new tires a little and get used to the GP shift and new machine.

First track day at GBM is set for Thursday June 7th, can't wait. Should be nice and warm by then :)

Switched my gearing last night -1/+1 and set the chain tension with some extra slack for the track. Bleed the brakes with fresh fluid the other day as well.

Everything on the R6 is ready other than to flush the coolant and put in the water wetter, should be able to do this soon looking at the forecast.

After that I need to trailer it to my local speed shop and have them set the suspension for me and I may hit a parking lot to scrub in the new tires a little and get used to the GP shift and new machine.

First track day at GBM is set for Thursday June 7th, can't wait. Should be nice and warm by then :)
I was going to try and trailer mine to Cayuga for a Test and Tune to get a feel for it. You wanna come with?

I was going to try and trailer mine to Cayuga for a Test and Tune to get a feel for it. You wanna come with?

When are you going? I'm in St. Thomas too so not exactly the same town. I just follow this thread as it is mostly GBM talk which is where I spend my time.

When are you going? I'm in St. Thomas too so not exactly the same town. I just follow this thread as it is mostly GBM talk which is where I spend my time.

I haven't picked a day yet. I haven't even looked to see when they're starting the T&T for the season.

I haven't picked a day yet. I haven't even looked to see when they're starting the T&T for the season.

I'll probably just stick to my June 7 date. It's a Thursday 5-9 so I'll get a few session in to try things out before a full day.

Keep me posted though, who knows I might just go.

Alright, scheduled in for May.1 @ SMP. Lets hope it works out. Anyone else coming out?

Would love to but the bike still has coolant in it and with me going to Ohio this weekend I won't have time until next week to flush it.... ****!!

Enjoy!

I swapped my coolant out yesterday and other than suspension baseline tuning I'm ready to roll. Even pulled the trailer out yesterday and things are looking good, wiring intact and tires in good shape.

I still have to put wheels on the bike and test it out

you get 1, and only 1 lap.... after that better put it away

Back
Top Bottom