Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 231 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

LOL great idea. 4 of us could go together and our backup plan is Power Rangers.

Just stopped at a hotel in Tennessee. 1000km today. 400ish tomorrow and we arrive at Talladega GP.

Don't forget to stop by the liquor barn on the way and pick up some of the 'ye ole moonshine or some small batch kentucky bourbon. Its good stuff! Oh and bbq, don't forget the bbq.

LOL great idea. 4 of us could go together and our backup plan is Power Rangers.

Just stopped at a hotel in Tennessee. 1000km today. 400ish tomorrow and we arrive at Talladega GP.

Don't forget to stop by the liquor barn on the way and pick up some of the 'ye ole moonshine or some small batch kentucky bourbon. Its good stuff! Oh and bbq, don't forget the bbq.
I don't drink hard liquor, but I do like meat!

its worth the detour... just saying ;)

You do realise we're headed to a race track, right?

Cherohala... Race track.. meh.. .what's the difference? At least they way Bippy rides it... :p

What do you guys think of the new AGV K1? Looks like a great value track helmet... Sub $200USD mark is pretty tempting.
[video=youtube;1FUIxoMxhYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUIxoMxhYI[/video]

My opinion on helmets; if it fits properly, isn't too heavy, and meets proper safety standards (Snell or ECE) then it's good. Proper fit is very important. Don't say, for example, "it's a tad tight in the forehead, but it's cheap, I'm buying it"

My opinion on helmets; if it fits properly, isn't too heavy, and meets proper safety standards (Snell or ECE) then it's good. Proper fit is very important. Don't say, for example, "it's a tad tight in the forehead, but it's cheap, I'm buying it"

Makes sense. I think mine is a size too large so I want to get something a little tighter this winter. I'm assuming when trying on in store it's supposed to be too tight since pads will bed in? I also don't like mine at higher speeds since I find it wobbles around quite a bit. Though I guess it builds up neck muscles pretty quick :D

I use one for the street and one for the track. The street one will have the padding worn down through frequent usage, the track one has a firmer fit for the inverse reason.

It should be snug, if you shake your head with medium vigor it shouldn't slide around, but it shouldn't hurt either. I suggest leaving it on your head for a while at the store. Granted when they will loosen up a little bit from new. Ideally you look through the vertical center of the eye port as well. It sounds simple, but its quite important to really think about objectively.

I use one for the street and one for the track. The street one will have the padding worn down through frequent usage, the track one has a firmer fit for the inverse reason.

It should be snug, if you shake your head with medium vigor it shouldn't slide around, but it shouldn't hurt either. I suggest leaving it on your head for a while at the store. Granted when they will loosen up a little bit from new. Ideally you look through the vertical center of the eye port as well. It sounds simple, but its quite important to really think about objectively.

Good things to keep in mind, thanks! I'm quite interested in the HJC RPHA 11 or trying out the LS2. Anyone have experience with either of those?

Good things to keep in mind, thanks! I'm quite interested in the HJC RPHA 11 or trying out the LS2. Anyone have experience with either of those?

I have had 2 low sides since getting back into track riding in 2016. I have also tossed out 2 LS2 Arrow helmets due to bouncing my head on pavement. I think the Arrow is the FF323? The first incident at GB in 2016 without concussion. The 2nd was at Calabogie in 2017 and it ended my season with a concussion with symptoms for a month or so. I like the helmet and still riding with one currently (after first crash bought 2 at same time, still using the 2nd). Cant tell if a different helmet would have been better on my Bogie crash concussion wise but otherwise it did its job. And they go on sale (fibrerglass one) for around $160 on Fortnine and last I looked the carbon fibre one was $280ish. It has 4 stars on the SHARP WWW site with top level front, top and rear but only just above middle protection on the side hits (which is where Bogie crash was).

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom