Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 200 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Yeah.. well I'll still be in the pits with the tire warmers on at that point.....;-)

All you need now is some white pin striping to really make the paint pop!
Oh right! You suggested that to me a little while ago but I forgot. And I think you're right, the white pin striping would finish it off nicely.

Ok, NOW all they need is the clear coat!!
6904e03537c83ea0aa09647141f9a407.jpg
cb777ca30b4105758205a9b68c97ea9b.jpg
ebee81bfd473ac4b918c42226aae4d57.jpg

Fancy dancy! That's going to be some effort to repair in the event of an incident.

Fancy dancy! That's going to be some effort to repair in the event of an incident.

Can't see it being any worse than a thundercat on a fairing... ;-)
Me, I'm going back to vinyl wrap.

Naa, not so bad. The Thundercat is a decal. If it gets ruined, I'll remove or replace it. As for the Kawi green, I got a custom mixed rattle can.

This might give me some added incentive to not bin it.....or it'll give me another project for next winter.
Win-win!
I'd be interested to see how you do the vinyl. It's a ***** to get stickers to go on without a fuss let alone a wrap!!

Dropped off my exhaust at Motivair again... showed them how their old can had split at the back - owner was flabbergasted and couldn't believe it.
So, I'm going back to a similar set up from 2 years ago (the stupid loud one) with a larger can, so it should help absorb the sound a bit better. If necessary, I'll order up a baffle.

At least I won't have the stupid 25 pound exhaust under the bike - it'll be around 8 pounds. No rush to get it done - they told me within a month. Last year they said the same thing and it was done in like 3 days. Not gonna happen this year though, as the owner is going away for the next week or 2 on vacation. No big deal - price is gonna be $65. Can't complain about that!

@Bippy - Good job on the pin stripes! Definitely adds pop.

Last edited:
Ok, NOW all they need is the clear coat!!
6904e03537c83ea0aa09647141f9a407.jpg
cb777ca30b4105758205a9b68c97ea9b.jpg
ebee81bfd473ac4b918c42226aae4d57.jpg

looks good! pin stripes made the difference

i'm generally against fancy paint on track fairings as I averaged 3 unscheduled dismounts per season over the past 2 years, but just got both track bikes painted over the winter so this year is gonna be different ......i hope lol.

If worrying about damaging your paint is in the back (or the front) of your mind then you'll likely make a lot more mistakes, leading to more run offs.

see... tremclad is the key ;)

i have no worries about damaging the paint or the bike, one of the reasons I have 2 bikes is if I bin one beyond repair at the track I have a back up and my weekend is not a write off. the ZX6 got fresh paint mid last season and that lasted 2 race weekends I was worried about passing the guy in 3rd place, paint was the last thing on my head

i have no worries about damaging the paint or the bike, one of the reasons I have 2 bikes is if I bin one beyond repair at the track I have a back up and my weekend is not a write off. the ZX6 got fresh paint mid last season and that lasted 2 race weekends I was worried about passing the guy in 3rd place, paint was the last thing on my head

What if you crash both?
That's why I like to have at least 5 on hand :D

Dave & I bought two Shannonville days each for this year. Looking forward to it since we did not get there at all last year. Most likely dates so far are June 4, July25, August 17 (should make it to at least two if those depending on weather and vacation availability).

Dave & I bought two Shannonville days each for this year. Looking forward to it since we did not get there at all last year. Most likely dates so far are June 4, July25, August 17 (should make it to at least two if those depending on weather and vacation availability).

I'll see you there July 25 then! I'll also be doing GB in June and CTMP in August

I'll see you there July 25 then! I'll also be doing GB in June and CTMP in August

Here's a video to get you excited for Mosport.

[video=youtube_share;TxCmK5ZCMiw]https://youtu.be/TxCmK5ZCMiw[/video]

Its a fun track... as long as you stay on the bike. It's just different than the rest, the elevation changes are both the most fun and scariest aspects of mosport. They make it entertaining... and if you have HP... and kahunas.

Last call for the paint booth. I've just got a little bit to do on our work trailer and ome finishing touches to the bike trailer and that's it. Booth will be coming down in 2 weeks - with Spring coming, I'm starting to run out of warehouse space.
I put the clear coat on the R6 fairings and kinda ****** it up a bit. There's some run marks and a small part of the pin striping came un-stuck. Not going to bother fixing it though, it is what it is. Overall I'm happy with how they turned out. I brought them home tonight and if I'm bored this weekend I'll start putting stickers on them....lol
12d448de3d8c8c403a8d4d4b65ce719a.jpg
3b9ad18074feb5c06f115a02af9082c7.jpg
a458dad634933bf3932999a5081826cc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom