Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 163 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I'm not sure about Mosport this year. I don't love that track like most other people seem to... 5 Calabogie and maybe all 5 Grand Bend days might be enough.

We will be at CTMP may 28, 29 sat, sun with DOCC. The ktm would fit right in. :)

Would love to be there for one of those days - but I'm not too sure about the DOCC membership fees etc... Besides, you'd be kicking my behind left right and centre. Certainly a good way to make my poor Hella (the KTM's name) feel really bad about herself under my fat behind.=

Looking at the Pro6 days at the moment. Can't wait to give Hella a shake down. Just got word the fork upgrades are done. Have other upgrades completed and I'm checking over the rest of the bike - almost done. Been applying some vinyl wrap to the track skins, and am almost halfway done that too.

Next step after finishing the skins (tail needs a minor fibreglass repair), is the new chain in my garage, applying some padding on the seat and flushing the hydraulic clutch. Brake pads are good all around, fluids are all changed except coolant (stupid procedure for that including the bike being on a 45 degree upward angle).

Last edited:
you may want to push out the brake pistons a little, any grime may have been sitting there for a while, little brake cleaner and a qtip. May want to give the brake pads and rotors a scrub too, some of the brake dust may have caked on there and sat for a while.

So what's everyone look at for trackways this summer?
This is what I'm hoping for:

Grand Bend 3x (prepaid for Two Wheel Tuesday package)
Shannonville 2x (long track preferable)
Mosport GP Track 1x

Beyond that, it's all gravy.

5 Calabogie
5 Grand Bend Tuesdays
Maybe Shannonville - is the schedule out yet?
Then maybe head south in October or November to extend the season.

Tim, you and Randy should come up to Calabogie instead of Mosport big track. :)

Tim, you and Randy should come up to Calabogie instead of Mosport big track. :)

Guess it would be a possibility, just so far away!!!

Looked at the Shannonville website, and it's still showing the 2015 dates.

What tracks are you think of hitting in the USA, Davelle? (Yes, That's Dave and Michelle mashed together)

LOL... for a sec I thought, where is this Davelle track? :p For US tracks it would be awesome to go to Barber. JenningsGP is always an easy option too.

Calabogie is well worth the drive. That track is really something else. You can camp at the track or get a hotel room in town for cheap.

Ctmp. With docc, only sat,sun, at that track. 5 bogie days and mt tremblant (don't think I spelled that right). As Dave said bogie is worth the drive. If you go for 3 days the drive becomes nil. :)

Shannonville Motorcycle Lapping Days
May 10 -Long Track
May 22 - Long Track
June 10 - Long or Pro Track (with race event)
June 20 - Long Track
July 1 - Fabi Track
July 19 - Long Track
July 29 - Long Track
Aug 5 - Long or Pro Track (with race event)
Aug 19 - Long Track
Aug 30 - Long Track
Sept 12 - Long Track
Sept 23 - Long or Pro (with race event)

$145 book 1 week before 160 after. HST included

Let me know if you're going Dave, would love to see you guys again.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

I always like to go to Shannonville, but this year the schedule is looking pretty full. We'll see as the season goes on :)

I picked up the 3 GB day pass, mosport at least once, possibly twice but the 1st day pro6 has is in may which is always a little dicey for the $$ you need to put up front. Love the track, but we'll see

Hopefully make it to all 5 GB days, a few smp since they have a good amount of days this year. Tmp is unlikely for more than maybe 1 day but we'll see. Would consider bogie, but I'd need to look at the stock exhaust I don't have mine anymore. It had. Problem melting the warmers. Likely getting a 2nd hand tent for the smp days the morning drive is just getting too ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The 2016 season is almost here.

Looking at GB on either May.7 or 8, then SMP on the 10th, weather permitting. This year we'll try driving to SMP the night before and camping out. The mornings through toronto are getting tough.

Anyone else heading to these?

May 10 at SMP, May 17 at GB, May 22 at SMP...
At least that's the plan depending on weather etc.

Weather doesn't look promising for GB. Maybe SMP tuesday, if not GB on the 17th.

Good fun yesterday Randy...
Now lets hope 17th at GB and 22nd at SMP work out just as well!

Yeah, SMP was a good time. Camping wasn't the greatest idea, it was seriously f*ing cold out, but not dealing with TO traffic was nice. Bike started fine in the morning, then during the 1st sesson the bazzaz lost power. Fortunately it continued to run even with out power. Not fantastic, but enough to finish, although the quickshifter was unavailable.

I couldn't get tape in the loom, so we just twisted it up and hot glued it for the day. Some of the CSBK guys had pretty good speed and only 1 yellow group red flag the whole day. Met up with a new rider that was at his first track day on an 06 1kRR. Unfortunately his rear was almost showing coords, so I helped him out and loaned out a rear rim for the day.

Everyone kept it in one piece which was great, although the CBR turn in is really slow. The time lost at turn 2 and the hairpin is notable. Made a few suspension changes but to no avail, I think we'll have to change the geometry a bit. Signed up for SMP on May.22, and hoping to hit GB on the 17th, but I'd like to see 15 and sun.

Even did a pretty decent lap on Tim's KTM. Those bridgestone slicks were quite good. The side to side of that KTM is really impressive, so is the WP suspension, but you need ear plugs to ride it. Oh and without the slipper allens is a pretty wild ride. On the CBR the new xrac pads are really nice. Not overly aggressive, but very consistent through the pull. I have to say I liked them better than the Vesrah JRL's, but time will tell on a 40 degree SMP day.

anyone else going to GBM on Saturday, June.4? Modified layout and we can use the lapping vouchers (+$22 since its on a weekend)

Back
Top Bottom