Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 157 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Will see if I can source a chain in time for Saturday, but not likely

Wo, that's crazy! Lucky it didn't smash the engine case or rip a hole in your leg. A chain tool is something I don't have...

I don't know what's up with guys these days who just can't seem to find a good place to pass, or stuff their ego and pit in to make a gap...

yeah, got lucky, pretty much just spit it out. Had a plastic cover on, so didn't take out the quickshifter or any wires. Fortunately it didn't bind and lock up the motor, it just came off.

I have a rivet tool that you can borrow

I can meet up on Wednesday if you want

Two wheel in guelph gave me the best price on a chain. Message Tyler on the board here and he will give you the gtam discount

Thanks for the info Nick, I'll see if he gets back to me, PM me your email address, thx.

chain ordered from Tony, should be good to make it saturday, I'll give TMP a ring. Nick if I can borrow your tool that would be great

called TMP, apparently they are closed on Tuesdays. Sent them an email, will let you guys know once Saturday is confirmed.

confirmed for TMP, c ya guys there

Aug.6 is a maybe, CTMP is a maybe (11th is full in red group), Aug.24 is a very likely

Ill make the call for tmp on Saturday morning
Right now 60% chance of rain

Crushed my finger at work on Friday.

Thought I could ride today at tmp today, but the pain was to much to drop 180 at tmp

Sorry randy

f804627954c482e0b7966c704808bcbc.jpg

No worries dude. Just hope you are ok. The day was a complete s**tshow. Tech was on time (GWB), riders meeting was done by 9 which was great. Then of course ambulance was late, like usual. He sets up. Then they have to drop the marshals off (wtf, they knew the ambulance would be 15 min late, this could have been doen). Another 15 minutes gone. Girl at the gate did not put my 2 guests on, even though I explicitly called them 2x to make sure. Guest even had proof on his phone they confirmed. A bit of a discussion was required with the gate ppl. Called that one before we even arrived. Red goes out first session, one crash. Yellow goes out, 2 crashes. Green goes out 1 crash. And repeat. Right after lunch we had 3 drops of rain, 2 bikes in red crash. Then 4 bikes in yellow.

Rains for 30 min, rain clears. Track dries quick. No one knows whats going on. Maybe they will run open, maybe not, no one knows. Even the guy running it doesn't know. Now we have a 50% dry track and no one on it, for a lengthy period of time. After some sorting out, they run an open group, I go up, they say be nice on the passing, I say sure. 3 laps in, 2 bikes crash in turn 1. One is fine, the other is a RSV4 lowside that had a pile of rash, but no oil or pieces missing. Looks ok but hes in the ambulance for an hour, then we get an ambulance transfer. Then they want to run 3 groups again despite everyone's objection since most left. Then no one knows whats going on. 1 last session, someone crashes in green on the checker. More down time. 1 more red session on Q3's (which were excellent at 90% of full pace).

So a lot of poor riding, and no one knowing what is going on. So business as usual at TMP on a Saturday.

Nick, that's brutal... hope it's okay. You really need to stop hurting your fingers before track days. :p

Randy, that's also brutal. That's a bit surprising considering it was run by GWB.

Hey Nick.. Get well soon.

As for the day, it was indeed very crashy.
Had an oh-crap moment on second lap, session 1... almost high sided in turn 3 when I was a bit aggressive on the throttle (I thought I was being pretty gentle considering it was first session) and the back end spun up a bit and then re-grabbed traction.

Managed a new personal best of 1:20.9, but cooked the rear tire... tried adjusting the tire pressure and doing some small suspension adjustments but still had hot tearing issues.

Ended up being a fun day aside from the crashes, and I ended up leaving when the rain began. I figured I would get at most 1 more session in before the day ended after the track dried etc. Had other things I could do in the day...

Nice! That's almost a full second faster than my best recorded time at TMP. When did you get a lap timer?

just wondering whos going to the GBM on Thurs night. Considering it...

Back
Top Bottom