Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 181 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

12th? I think it is

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Won't be able to make that one. I just might be waiting until next year before I unleash the beast!! Hahaha!

I won't be registering for the 29th until I see what the weather is doing. I'll likely wait until Monday the 28th to decide.

I'll be there August 29th and September 12th. Not from the KW area but more than happy to help you out, I will be running green probably. May ask to bump to yellow if I know the track layout or they run three groups.

29th is out, throttle cables area back ordered from Honda. Sept is also unlikely now, I'm in the states the first week of sept for work :( hopefully that changes!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Took the bike apart yesturday. Thanks to BigEvil for holding the blow tourch while I convinced the subframe back in place. Throttle cable is good enough for one more day and will get replaced this winter. The clutch crankcase cover will get JB welded for now. Subframe needs a weld, but should be ok. If the exhaust arrives in time, 29th is possible, although unlikely at this point with the speed of USPS. Here's hoping...

Got the magnet on the kickstand sorted out, so it will keep running in gear instead of dying.
New rearset is installed. New fork has race spring swapped from old fork (had a slight depression from the lower triple so it needed to be replaced). Lower triple has steering stop fixed. Forks reinstalled - still out a little bit, but hopefully good enough. Will do a test ride around the block at some point soon to make sure it's not wandering all over the road. Started the fibreglass fixing today. Still have a bunch to go and will need to grab some bondo to rebuild a couple areas.

I won't be registering for the 29th until I see what the weather is doing. I'll likely wait until Monday the 28th to decide.
Depending on who else is going, weather will play a big factor for me as well. I'll probably decide a few days out though.
I'll be there August 29th and September 12th. Not from the KW area but more than happy to help you out, I will be running green probably. May ask to bump to yellow if I know the track layout or they run three groups.
I'll be in whatever color is for the track noobs!
Took the bike apart yesturday. Thanks to BigEvil for holding the blow tourch while I convinced the subframe back in place. Throttle cable is good enough for one more day and will get replaced this winter. The clutch crankcase cover will get JB welded for now. Subframe needs a weld, but should be ok. If the exhaust arrives in time, 29th is possible, although unlikely at this point with the speed of USPS. Here's hoping...
Come on, who needs an exhaust anyways....lol!
Got the magnet on the kickstand sorted out, so it will keep running in gear instead of dying.
New rearset is installed. New fork has race spring swapped from old fork (had a slight depression from the lower triple so it needed to be replaced). Lower triple has steering stop fixed. Forks reinstalled - still out a little bit, but hopefully good enough. Will do a test ride around the block at some point soon to make sure it's not wandering all over the road. Started the fibreglass fixing today. Still have a bunch to go and will need to grab some bondo to rebuild a couple areas.
This sounds promising!

As for my track prep, I thought I was done everything and decided to take the R6 out for a little spin around the block. The front end pretty shaky, enough that I though the rim was f***ed. After some investigating, it turns out the front brakes aren't fully releasing. It seems this has been a problem for a while because the pads, even though they have enough meat on them, are toasted from all the heat. Rotors seem ok.
This was a little above my mechanical know-how so I've got someone who is going to rebuild the calipers for me and see if that works.

And just to add some spice in my life, I came home from a beautiful weekend at the redneck cottage to find my basement flooded after my water heater decided to break. 3-4" of water and of course no hot water. Great....lol
Good thing there's a shower at work!

Hey dave..
Too bad about the brakes... go to your yamaha dealer of choice, grab a caliper rebuild kit and have at it.
It's not very difficult to do - I can loan you my big syringe thing to do a reverse fill (filling ottom up helps reduce bubbles).
Considering you're going through that, may as well swap out the front brake pads too.

And, sucks to hear about the water heater. At least your insurance will cover it if you choose to go that way.

welcome to maintenance land on an old bike :) Sorry to hear about the water heater, that's just a kick in the teeth. Exhaust is on a plane from miami, and will probably sit in customs for a week knowing canada post/usps.

The subframe has been re-welded, crank case JB welded, clutch and oil pan inspected. Forks are straight and everything looks good (as it can under the circulstances). Waiting for a new clutch pin from KW/honda and we'll be able to at least take it around the block. Body work needs to be cleaned up yet. This winter I'll look for a new suit and helmet, for now we'll pull out the old leathers and street Shoei helmet. Gloves and boots are fine. I think we should call her "9 lives"

Brakes are done and the bike is all ready to go! So, who's still in for Tuesday?
Sebi and Bradsma, if you're still in can we arrange to pit close together? I just want to make sure I've got people to mooch off of when I need a hand! In exchange, I've got a massive generator that can run everything for all 3 of us, so I can provide power as needed.

Exhaust showed up! new clutch pin in. The bike looks a bit rough, but hopefully works. Just waiting for the gasket maker to dry. Tomorrow she'll get oil and a test run. If everything works mechanically, we'll be in for Tuesday. It's going to be a bit last minute for a call, but that's the way she goes sometimes.

Brakes are done and the bike is all ready to go! So, who's still in for Tuesday?
Sebi and Bradsma, if you're still in can we arrange to pit close together? I just want to make sure I've got people to mooch off of when I need a hand! In exchange, I've got a massive generator that can run everything for all 3 of us, so I can provide power as needed.

We always pit in the "Kitchener" spot :D
Hopefully one of us will get there early and be able to show you. I made a little "X" to give you an idea
44kUhqr.jpg

Exhaust showed up! new clutch pin in. The bike looks a bit rough, but hopefully works. Just waiting for the gasket maker to dry. Tomorrow she'll get oil and a test run. If everything works mechanically, we'll be in for Tuesday. It's going to be a bit last minute for a call, but that's the way she goes sometimes.

Perfect! The more the merrier!

We always pit in the "Kitchener" spot :D
Hopefully one of us will get there early and be able to show you. I made a little "X" to give you an idea
44kUhqr.jpg

I tend to be an early riser, so getting there early shouldn't be an issue for me.
I haven't registered yet, was going to wait until I knew for sure who was going and that the weather would be ok. If everything is still looking good tomorrow or Saturday I'll register then.

I tend to be an early riser, so getting there early shouldn't be an issue for me.
I haven't registered yet, was going to wait until I knew for sure who was going and that the weather would be ok. If everything is still looking good tomorrow or Saturday I'll register then.

I also like to get there early, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my bike there. I really don't want to have to ride the bike there again...

I'll be there, I typically pit on the same side as the Kitchener folks but closer to pit in and pit out. I am in my 30's but pee like an 80 year old so its a short walk to the port-a-potty lol. Typically Brian with the black CBR300 is next to me in that area. I have the ugly looking silver with blue strip SV650 and a red Honda pop up tent. Stop in and say high I'm typically relaxing there between sessions. If you are in green group we can do a session or two together if you'd like. Will be my 5th time out this year.

I also like to get there early, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my bike there. I really don't want to have to ride the bike there again...

I'd offer to tow it but I've only got a small single trailer....

Last edited:
I'll be there, I typically pit on the same side as the Kitchener folks but closer to pit in and pit out. I am in my 30's but pee like an 80 year old so its a short walk to the port-a-potty lol. Typically Brian with the black CBR300 is next to me in that area. I have the ugly looking silver with blue strip SV650 and a red Honda pop up tent. Stop in and say high I'm typically relaxing there between sessions. If you are in green group we can do a session or two together if you'd like. Will be my 5th time out this year.

Sounds good! I'll definitely stop by for a visit. I'll be on the orange R6, blue tent. Probably the best marker will be the big a** brown cargo van.
It'll be my first time out, so I'll be in whatever color the new people are in! I'm a little nervous about riding on the track on a bike that I've never ridden before. Also, the sportiest bike I've ridden aggressively was a VFR800 that had bar risers and was mainly used for touring...lol. Needless to say, I'm not expecting to break any track records!

Just remember we all had our first trackday once. I was on a ninja 500 and the slowest person by far in the green group. Its all for fun, there's no egos or prizes. Just relax and let the bike do its thing. No front brakes if you end up off track, rear only. If you think you are going too hot, tip in harder. If you stab a brake or leave the track you have a higher chance of crashing. The bikes have more lean than you think. Typically its a sudden input that results in a crash. Just be smooth and learn the lines, that's all, speed will come later

Back
Top Bottom