Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 164 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Started work on fixing my poor RC8 (for anyone interested, no, she's still not making eye contact and is thoroughly disgusted with me).
Took rear sets off. The left on is pretty darn mangled, but John seems to thing he can straighten parts of them out for me. Put on the stock ones for now. If I leave them on, I'll have to figure out a way to brace the back ride side of the belly pan - made a bracket that attached to the after market rear sets. Not an option this way.

Ordered up Woodcraft clip ons ($240! OUCH! More than I was expecting, but such is life).

Dropped my suit and left glove off on my morning break to get them repaired. Aden Sauder is no longer doing leather work out of his shop - go to the farm directly across from his laneway, they have taken over the business. Aden still does work for them a day or 2 a week. Got a call from them at about 5:30pm, same day. They're done. For $19.20. Wow! Helps take the sting out of the clip ons.

Picked up a set of Canadian made Bickle warmers complete with tire socks yesterday evening as well. One season of use in SOAR last year (they quit racing this year, so they're selling all their gear).

Should get the bodywork off today and start peeling the wrecked vinyl wrap.

Bruise on the inside of my left elbow has turned some really ugly, mottled colours, but isn't terrible. Hip is good, no real surface bruising, but there's a deep bruise if I press on the area. All in all, a minimal damage crash. Got lucky!

As for the Modified layout track day, I'll pass. Don't like the layout at all, and with the SOAR day being very close, well, I'm pretty sure some form of corner stuffing will be going on.

Last edited:
anyone else going to GBM on Saturday, June.4? Modified layout and we can use the lapping vouchers (+$22 since its on a weekend)

I probably won't go on the weekend. I don't care for Modified layout, and it will no doubt be very busy with racers getting practice for the following SOAR round (which is Modified layout) and also the drags that weekend. I think I'll stick to the Tuesday in June.

Mosport friday if anyone else is going...

anyone going tomorrow to the bend?

I'll be there for a race licence.

If you are at GB,say hello to my old Muffin for me.

no DOCC weekend?

Anyone going to the June.4 gb day?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

anyone going tomorrow to the bend?

I'll be there for a race licence.

Hey Nick... heard the day ended not so well for you.
Hope you're OK. Did they end up giving you a race license afterwards or no?

Hey Nick... heard the day ended not so well for you.
Hope you're OK. Did they end up giving you a race license afterwards or no?

i got my licence, but i didn't crash on the friday.

I crashed on the 5 lap qualifier for the amateur 600 extreme saturday. didn't even get to do the rookie cup race :(

14th should be fun, also doing SMP on the 20th (likely with Tim) if anyone else is going

No 20th for me. We'll be getting down to the crunch before moving day at that point.

Just signed up for Grattan, MI, July 1st track day. This will be my first track day in the US.

Grand Bend June 14
Grattan July 2 - Women's only day

Just signed up for Grattan, MI, July 1st track day. This will be my first track day in the US.

I'm sure you guys will have an amazing time... Looks like an interesting track.

How was Grattan?

Aiming to do TMP saturday to test out the new changes, then GB on the 19th.

Grattan was a lot of fun. Very fun layout. You would have loved the long front straight. I was nearly topping out in 6th.

Next for me is GB on the 19th also. If it's raining I'm going to see Slipknot instead. haha

Back
Top Bottom