Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 173 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Well, my green beast runs again. Not sure exactly which part solved it but new petcock, new fuel filter, new plugs and a full carb cleaning and sync. I get sync vacuum on all 4 cylinders nicely so they are all running unlike at Calabogie. Hope Saturday to take it to a large empty parking lot close by to confirm it works under load but so far so good.

Live and learn, take it out of storage after winter and just do the carbs. 2 nights work and a day of soaking for peace of mind that some little grit doesn't mess up a trackday. The joy of cabs?

Jeff

lol, glad to hear you got it working. I didn't end up going to mosport, but signed up for GBM this morning. If anyone needs anything from bluestreak I'm swinging by on the way to the track.

lol, glad to hear you got it working. I didn't end up going to mosport, but signed up for GBM this morning. If anyone needs anything from bluestreak I'm swinging by on the way to the track.

Wish I would have seen this earlier... I need a new chain/sprockets. Shoot me a PM if you end up going by again!

Weather looks poor for SMP, so GBM on the 13th is the next one

Weather looks poor for SMP, so GBM on the 13th is the next one

Sigh... it's like the weather and motorcycle gods had some spat over the winter and now we're suffering for it.... this is what, day 3 that we've had to cancel/postpone?
Moved the vacation day to the 13th.

anyone heading to CSBK on the sunday before the track day? Thinking about it.

I'm thinking of heading to GB for CSBK, kinda want to see how they don't pile up into 1 and the 180 at the end of the back straight.

Jeff

We won't be starting in the same spot that SOAR does.
We heard they might be starting on the short straight before the kink heading down to the hard right onto the straight. That right could be hairy.

We heard they might be starting on the short straight before the kink heading down to the hard right onto the straight. That right could be hairy.

Frankly there's nowhere on that track that is ideal.

There's been a discussion about it and what you described is where race start will be.

How is that better than the regular starting point? Both suck but that does not seem any better

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

How is that better than the regular starting point? Both suck but that does not seem any better

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

The two 30-degree kinks aren't the bottle neck that turn 1 is.

If the goal is avoiding a 1st turn pile up I think it's better.

Dunlop Motorcycle Tire Recall for Manufacturing Defect

Certain Sportmax Q3+ tires could have air pockets in the rubber.

By NewsPhoto: Dunlop Yesterday at 1:34pm

0 Comments

dunlop-sportmax-q3-recall.jpg
Dunlop recalls the Sportmax Q3+ motorcycle tire. See below for the cause.

Photo: Dunlop

The following report is filed with the NHTSA:

Report Receipt Date: May 24, 2017
NHTSA Campaign Number: 17T011000
Component(s): Tires
Potential Number of Units Affected: 7
Manufacturer: Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC
THE RECALL: Sumitomo Rubber USA, LLC (Sumitomo) is recalling certain models of Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ motorcycle tires, size 120/70ZR17 58W. The affected tires may have porosity (air pockets) in the shoulder region of the tire. As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 119, "New Pneumatic Tires-Other Than Passenger Cars."
WHAT COULD HAPPEN: The tire defect may affect the handling and/or steering characteristics of the motorcycle. Continued use can result in tread chunking. These conditions may increase the risk of a crash.
THE FIX: Dunlop will notify the retailers and customers and will offer replacement tires, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during June 2017. Owners may contact Dunlop Motorcycle Tires at 1-800-845-8378.
MORE RECALL INFORMATION: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to safercar.gov.

Planning on being there as well, just spectating. I'll have the bike in the truck fueled and ready to go, just in case the coach sends me in as a wildcard :p j/k, for the trackday on tuesday.

Pressure is on Tim ;) good luck out there!

Haha. Thanks guys. I have the same goals this weekend as the opener at Shannonville.

- Make it into Superpole
- Top ten finish
- Highest placing rookie

Is the drag strip running this weekend too? That would be nuts busy. We're thinking of going to the beach in the morning (if the hot forecast actually happens) and coming for races after.

drags are not running AFAIK, no room for everyone to pit.

Meeting a friend for lunch, then I'll be down at the races for sunday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom