Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 193 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Picking up an '09 R6s tomorrow.
Built and tuned by Riders Choice, all the suspension goodies by Ohlins, damper, only thing I would add is a quickshifter and change to GP shifting.
This winter I'll be hitting the elliptical to drop some more weight and work on my flexibility to I can get my knee down instead of scraping my boots all the time! And yes, I know, I've got to keep working on getting my fat *** OFF the seat!

Awww yea; sticking with Yamaha! That'll be a sweet bike for sure! I'm unfamiliar with the R6s. Is it the same engine as the 09 R6? I'm also debating on getting a quickshifter over the winter though in all honesty I should prioritize a damper. Do you have any brands in mind for the QS? Can't wait for next season, it's going to be a blast!

Awww yea; sticking with Yamaha! That'll be a sweet bike for sure! I'm unfamiliar with the R6s. Is it the same engine as the 09 R6? I'm also debating on getting a quickshifter over the winter though in all honesty I should prioritize a damper. Do you have any brands in mind for the QS? Can't wait for next season, it's going to be a blast!
The R6s is essentially the same as the '03-'05 model. Same engine and bodywork, just made in '09.
I don't know enough about different brands of quickshifters to pick one over another. Maybe that'll give me something to do over winter.
And I agree with you, get a damper. Get that and any suspension upgrades done before worrying about a qs.

For those of you who haven't seen, here she is! This will make waiting for next track season a little harder...lol
d109554e7ffdf47e2f5d219f919c8728.jpg
3770a3e7192381ab1eb1c509338007fa.jpg

looks good buddy! I'm gonna need to feed you more chicken wings to counterbalance the extra speed ;)

looks good buddy! I'm gonna need to feed you more chicken wings to counterbalance the extra speed ;)

More? You obviously weren't paying too close attention... watching Bip chowing down on those wings was like seeing the Cookie Monster trying for an overdose on chocolate chip cookies! Wings were flying fast and furious... hehehehe... ;-)

Wings?!! No, it was the ribs! They were awesome, probably the best I've ever had! The pulled pork salad was pretty good too!

Wings?!! No, it was the ribs! They were awesome, probably the best I've ever had! The pulled pork salad was pretty good too!

Ribs.. .Wings.... either way, it was simply astonishing. ;-)

You just liked watching me eat meat off a bone....I saw you watching.

I just wished I had a rain suit. Would have protected me from the flying slobber.... school of piranha's got nothing on you! Hehehe...

So in addition to the 3 GBM days I'm planning for next year, I'm also thinking of trying out Mosport.
It looks pretty terrifying in comparison to GBM! To those who have been at CTMP, how does it compare to GBM? (Speed, surface, difficulty etc). Will it be difficult to ride CTMP after so much GBM? (I'm just worried about high speed cornering; GBM is all relatively low speed)

Mosport big track and GBR are complete opposites. You definitely won't have to worry about overheating your brakes at Mosport. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Mosport, but I must be weird because it seems that everyone else absolutely loves it. It's not very technical, but is crazy fast and requires different techniques to put together a fast lap time.

Mosport big track and GBR are complete opposites. You definitely won't have to worry about overheating your brakes at Mosport. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Mosport, but I must be weird because it seems that everyone else absolutely loves it. It's not very technical, but is crazy fast and requires different techniques to put together a fast lap time.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It'll be good to have some experience with a different riding style. If I don't crash out at my 3 GBM sessions, I'll definitely give it a shot next season :D

We will be there end of may with docc sat, sun. If you come out, at least you'll have good company. :)

Hey so I am very interested in an 04 R6 I found on Kijiji. Any of you guys have any experience with them? I'll be coming from my SV650 so I'm not worried about the jump in power more the bike itself, any known issues with some people with race.track experience? Appreciate the help.

this is it: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1306877518&requestSource=b
Not positive but I think he's a member on here, I've seen that bike before...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hey so I am very interested in an 04 R6 I found on Kijiji. Any of you guys have any experience with them? I'll be coming from my SV650 so I'm not worried about the jump in power more the bike itself, any known issues with some people with race.track experience? Appreciate the help.

this is it: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1306877518&requestSource=b

I've seen this bike at SOAR and it looks pretty clean, some aftermarket goodies, the good thing is that lots of guys run those bikes, so lots of parts / aftermarket stuff available, if you wanna race it, its lost era eligible, and already safety wired

If you do end up getting it, we'll be running essentially the same bike. I just picked up an '09 R6s which is the same as the '03 to '05 bikes.
We can race! Hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom