Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 170 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Still have the SV but may put it for sale, only got out a few times this year to Mosport. I kinda like to hem and haw a lot and enjoy procrastinating, so I never know what I might do with it..

Another perfect weather day at Calabogie. Finished off my tires today so that's a great way to end a great season.

Sounds like an awesome time

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Another perfect weather day at Calabogie. Finished off my tires today so that's a great way to end a great season.

Great season indeed... and so jealous of your multiple trips to Calabogie... Nice that you can curl up in your toy hauler with Michelle.. don't think Randy would appreciate curling up in a tent... hehehe....

Maybe next year we'll get there and rent a hotel or something to avoid the bugs...

Still toying with a cap for the truck so I can sleep in it, or possibly buy an enclosed 5x8' trailer I have a lead on in the spring.... only problem with that is a place to keep it...

I hope to make it to Calabogie next year as well and I'm not a tent type either. Back when I did corner working for weekends I would sleep on an air mattress in the back of my van. Though my body was younger and I didn't have a van full of trackday related stuff then. 3 hours to GB was enough before a day of riding, Calabogie is that extra hour away that kinda puts it out of a 'one day trip'.

This is the second time I have noted a 'avoid the bugs' in regards to Calabogie. I have a buddy who does car days and says he won't go back mainly due to the bugs 'sucking all his blood out'. I thought he was exaggerating but I guess not, I guess I could see bugs being an issue at that location.

This is the second time I have noted a 'avoid the bugs' in regards to Calabogie. I have a buddy who does car days and says he won't go back mainly due to the bugs 'sucking all his blood out'. I thought he was exaggerating but I guess not, I guess I could see bugs being an issue at that location.

I haven't been there, only heard from a few people it's really bad at night...

In June/July the bugs are worse, but this time they weren't that bad. We were able to sit out by the (propane) fire and drink some beers for a few hours without a bite. I did put on some Deep Woods though. Not going back because of bugs? That's ridiculous.

Here's a good video from Calabogie last week.

[video=youtube;_XmVPM4H8SI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmVPM4H8SI[/video]

Looks like a good time

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A bit frustrating trying to get by that 750 but other than that, great day to cap off the season.

Posted this in the 2017 track days thread, but thought I would let others in K/W know

Grand Bend Raceway posted their lapping dates at the show, they are doing the Two Wheel Tuesdays and Thursday night lapping again for 2017:

Day Lapping*:
---------------
Tuesday, May.30 (9-5)
Thursday, June.8 (9-5, yes it is a Thursday)
Tuesday, June.13 (9-5)
Tuesday, July.11 (9-5)
Tuesday, Aug.29 (9-5)
Tuesday, Sept.12 (9-5)

Pricing: $130 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Evening Lapping:
---------------
Thursday, May.18 (5-dusk)
Thursday, June.29 (5-dusk)
Thursday, July.27 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Aug.17 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Sept.21 (5-dusk)

Pricing: $75 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Pre-season specials (Expires Jan.31, 2017)
----------------------------------------------
1 x Evening lapping vouchers - $60 + HST
3 x Evening lapping vouchers - $170 + HST

1 x Full day lapping vouchers - $100 + HST
3 x Full day lapping vouchers - $270 + HST

*You can also use a full day credit for the SOAR friday practice (which runs yellow + red groups only) this year by paying the regular price difference

email: pspriet@sprietinvestments.com to purchase

For those that haven't been to the Grand Bend lapping days, they are a lot of fun :icon_smile: See you out there!

Signed up for the GB special yesterday.
For anyone who doesn't know, Shannonville also has a special on now.

If you book 2 or more lapping days before March 31, 2017 the cost will be $125 per day (hst included). If you wish to only book 1 lapping day before March 31, 2017 the cost will be $145 per day (hst included). Don’t worry if you don’t know which days you would like to attend, book the number of dates you want, then pick your dates later.

Shannonville also provides lunch as part of the entry fee.

I too signed up for the GD special 3 day package. And I am in for 4 days with Pro6.

What is the regular price of Shannonville during the year? Though I think I have pre-signed up for enough at the moment :)

Jeff

$145 pre-registered, $160 if you show up at the track. You can pre-reg and cancel up until the day before if you don't like the weather, which is nice. I don't get the $145 "deal" they mention, since its the same price this year pre-registered.

Signed up for 2, 3 GBM, and will very likely do 2 mosport and maybe 2 bogie this year

I did not buy the GBM pack this year, although I will likely get there at least once. Bought 6 Calabogie days and plan to do at least 1 Shannonville day. Trying to cut back a bit from last year as it got too expensive.

So you chose, arguably, the most expensive track in Ontario... ;-)
Wish I could join you there, Dave... finances likely will allow for 1 visit to either Mosport or Calabogie... dunno yet.

So you chose, arguably, the most expensive track in Ontario... ;-)
Wish I could join you there, Dave... finances likely will allow for 1 visit to either Mosport or Calabogie... dunno yet.
Last year we did 5 at Calabogie, so not much different. Granted one day costs almost as much as 3 GBR days...

Back
Top Bottom