Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 215 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

GBM is running reverse alien tonight and I suspect they may do that next Tuesday as well since that coming weekend is a SOAR event and that is the layout they are racing.

reverse is fun... I'd like to do reverse technical or reverse long (minus the obvious braking risk off the front straight)

GBM is running reverse alien tonight and I suspect they may do that next Tuesday as well since that coming weekend is a SOAR event and that is the layout they are racing.

I talked to Paul and he said "It won't be reverse Alien as that is the SOAR race wkd course and we don't do the SOAR layouts the week leading in as they have the ability to run it on the Friday."

That being said, if he changes his mind, I'd be thrilled.

Did he say what they'd be running?

Regular direction, Paul is thinking alien, I suggested long, we'll see what they say. Won't be reverse as mentioned.

Yesterday was a blast!

day started well. Off work and hour early drive down to gbm, windy so won't have to set up canopy small bonus

Camp set u easy guy beside me was friendly and an old friend showed late and pit between us.

First session bike dies after hitting 8-10 k rpm range. Towed off track. Warm it us and do a few hard pulls in first to second. Se s to be good. Go out to session for last 5 mins. All good it seems.

Second and third session was a progression of the bike is fine, focus on your riding, risking the line and being smooth.

Fourth session was a blast went out second or third now that I was confident bike and rider were solid. Pass d a rider. Two quick guys went buy me. Got passed by a compareable rider and gave. Lose chase for most session. Last few laps was just run fun pace. Chcker goes it at pit in. Finish most a lap and day is done. Tip into kink oh **** fast bike who passed me twice this session is there. I stand up and go wide. Brak hard not going t make it. Hit grass and down. WTF. ****** off and wondering and thinking what I did wrong.

Towed back to pits again bummer. Analyze bike new windscreen brake guard and a little bibre glass repair. Not too bad and I am fine.

Anyone know now if the princess auto fibreglass repair kit is good?

Yikes! Glad you're ok. But it sounds like you had a good evening.....right up until that last bit.
As for fiberglass, talk to BigEvilDoer. He's had lots of practice with that sort of thing....lol

Bike is coming together well. The rear tail bodywork was an absolute:banghead: to get on. Can't wait for Tuesday, who else is going?

Looks like it'll be modified!

On a side note, what kind of maintainence schedule do you guys follow for your track bikes? Coolant and oil change every 6 track days? What else?

Looks like it'll be modified!

On a side note, what kind of maintainence schedule do you guys follow for your track bikes? Coolant and oil change every 6 track days? What else?
Modified should be good. I haven't done that configuration yet.
Some people change their oil every 2-3 track days, some once a season. And coolant? That's a no-no. Should be distilled water with water-wetter. Coolant comes out in the Spring, goes back in in the Fall. No need to change the water during the season.

Some people change their oil every 2-3 track days, some once a season. And coolant? That's a no-no. Should be distilled water with water-wetter. Coolant comes out in the Spring, goes back in in the Fall. No need to change the water during the season.

I meant water wetter / coolant haha. What about brake lines?

Okay! I'll probably do an oil change after my next one.

I meant water wetter / coolant haha. What about brake lines?

Okay! I'll probably do an oil change after my next one.
Do you have ss lines? My understanding is they are good until they start leaking. But I'm not nearly as experienced on this as other people.

Modified stinks. My least favourite layout by far. But since I booked work off and the weather seems decent, I may have to suck it up and go.

I hate alien, its nothing but turns and hard to pass. I asked for long, but it sounds like because of the drags (I assume campers in the way), they chose modified

I was wrong, its modified that I've run before, and I think that's what it was the last time. Any chance they would change it to technical if we all emailed or called?

Very unlikely

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was wrong, its modified that I've run before, and I think that's what it was the last time. Any chance they would change it to technical if we all emailed or called?

Modified is what you ran at the Racer5 weekend.

Back
Top Bottom